Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross the Boss has given him the guilt trip I reckon. It's the way the guy operates. Be loyal even though I can't guarantee we will be successful and we are treading water you owe us kind of discussion.
lets be honest...Ross saying be loyal would be laughable the bloke left for Freo while he was negotiating an extension with St Kilda

Ross the Boss has given him the guilt trip I reckon. It's the way the guy operates. Be loyal even though I can't guarantee we will be successful and we are treading water you owe us kind of discussion.

Would be hilarious if he was playing the ‘hey be loyal to us!’ card when he left the Saints in the lurch because his property investment went south and he told his manager to find the highest bidder.

For Barrass something like
8, f2, DGB for
Barass 23 f3

On current picks and rating DGB as a token eagles 4th rounder that’s around pick 14. Maybe a little light but to me that’s the core of a deal. We still get 2 decent talents in a deep draft plus our KPD and hold our f1.

Personally I'm apprehensive about a deal like this, given Barrass' age and previous injury issues.

There's absolutely no denying that he wouldn't immediately improve our side, but the biggest query is how many good years would we get out of him? Plus as a general rule I think we should be keeping our first rounder picks until we are firmly entrenched in the top four, unless there's a no brainer deal of course.

Having said all that - if we were to make a trade like this and essentially slide back into the (early) second round, then this is the year to do it, given the draft crop is so even.

Personally I'm apprehensive about a deal like this, given Barrass' age and previous injury issues.

There's absolutely no denying that he wouldn't immediately improve our side, but the biggest query is how many good years would we get out of him? Plus as a general rule I think we should be keeping our first rounder picks until we are firmly entrenched in the top four, unless there's a no brainer deal of course.

Having said all that - if we were to make a trade like this and essentially slide back into the (early) second round, then this is the year to do it, given the draft crop is so even.
Some said the same about Lake I recall. Not saying it would end up the same though

This. If you are proposing a trade including DGB you are essentially saying the trade is just whatever the other piece is. Not a shot at DGB - just the reality of his value.
Then can we pls remove DGB from any Barrass discussion.

If Eagles ask for him, then he has value. If not, don't bother. Just decide on his future independently which can be delist, delist & rookie or straight 1 yr extn.

If Eagles ask for him but then play hardball on rest of trade, then we know the reality of his value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How it will go:

Baz Geelong
Battle Stays
Barrass Stays
Hawks Nothing
We haven’t brought Roughie in full time to do nothing. Sam is desperate to add high mature end talent and it’s critical we do it this off season. Disappointing as it would be, if it’s not those guys I’m sure there will be others.

We haven’t brought Roughie in full time to do nothing. Sam is desperate to add high mature end talent and it’s critical we do it this off season. Disappointing as it would be, if it’s not those guys I’m sure there will be others.
I wouldn't blame Roughie. I would blame those who can't see what we are building

We should be looking at kids from interstate that are Victorian, that have played a a few games and may what to come home and has shown something like we did with Gunston if we are going to trade out our first, not 28/29 year olds.

Or look out for top draft picks that haven’t really come on like we did with Scrimshaw for latter picks.

If he was chatting to the Eagles it would be public knowledge pretty quickly. Sam was on radio today saying West Coast should be talking to him or Hale. Dare say if he was over there for the reasons stated it wasn't smoke and mirrors.

Hoping Hick is one of those blokes who just loves being an assistant as I want him to stay put with Sam!
I interviewed Hick on Thursday arvo. Here is the transcript when I asked him if he had any inkling to leave Melbourne again. Sounds like he is keen to stay. IMG_0224.jpeg

People stressing about free agents / trades.

Last year we were linked to McKay / Rat / Henry etc and ended up with none of them. We ended up picking up Chol Ginni Mass and the rest is history. I know who I’d rather have.

Don’t stress folks. We’re Hawthorn. Everything will work out fine.

As John Lennon and the Beatles said…..let it be!

This draft is strong if we end up taking our first round to the draft that will be fine with me. Will add to our list already. Mac Andrew might be one to see if we can get as has been mentioned. With cap room we have plus footy we are playing something will happen

This draft is strong if we end up taking our first round to the draft that will be fine with me. Will add to our list already. Mac Andrew might be one to see if we can get as has been mentioned. With cap room we have plus footy we are playing something will happen

Yep if we could add another Watson in talent wise we would be laughing.

The club have been pretty public about targeting mature players to accelerate our rise up the ladder. We’ve made it clear we want another elite, pacy mid, another kpf and kpd.

With a huge cap and a willingness to trade draft capital, we’ve been targeting and making big offers for a number of players over the past few months. It’s clear Sam wants success and wants to capitalise on our momentum.

Just can’t see us going to the draft after all of that, and I think doing so would be a fairly major change in strategy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back