Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ignore the media discussion - you guys are well and truly in the mix (if not favourites) for Bailey Smith (this is what I've heard all season and posted on the Dogs board).

The thing is though I would still make it less likely than more likely, and there's still so much uncertainty in the process, and if he doesn't go to Hawks there's no way of proving me right - just that the percentages of which club he ends at (my summary) is like 35% Hawks, 30% Geelong, 20% other and 5% Dogs. So if he ends up at Geelong, Collingwood, in Queensland, it doesn't mean I'm wrong (even if it didn't eventuate), just knowing what I know, you're individually more likely than any other club.
Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Ignore the media discussion - you guys are well and truly in the mix (if not favourites) for Bailey Smith (this is what I've heard all season and posted on the Dogs board).

The thing is though I would still make it less likely than more likely, and there's still so much uncertainty in the process, and if he doesn't go to Hawks there's no way of proving me right - just that the percentages of which club he ends at (my summary) is like 35% Hawks, 30% Geelong, 20% other and 5% Dogs. So if he ends up at Geelong, Collingwood, in Queensland, it doesn't mean I'm wrong (even if it didn't eventuate), just knowing what I know, you're individually more likely than any other club.
I got through 85% of that, but could not get through it all.

35+30+20+5=90% you are missing 10%

There is an 85% chance you will you be correct

Fair enough I'm copping shit but just passing on my info.

You're simultaneously on the inside lane with the best contract offer for Smith out of any club, but also, Smith himself is still legitimately undecided as well as many things being able to change between now and October.

I don't think much of the media reporting has you on the inside lane or being discussed as favourites, which is what I'm trying to get across, even if, again, on balance, it's less likely than it is likely.

Never thought ChatGPT could make less sense then a dogs supporter

Given what we have I reckon we are hedging our bets with Battle and Barrass where we will only get one. Battle is probably preferred as we can still use our first ……. one thing that gets overlooked a bit on who we bring in is that we have plenty of players that deserve a pay increase over the next couple years!

Last edited:
I do have Hawthorn sources but if this is the shit I'm copping, that'll be the last you hear from me.
I think if you had of worded it better you wouldn’t be copping flak, you could’ve just said that you’re hearing that we are the favourites to land him but plenty of water to go under the bridge or something along those lines

Everyone on here enjoys hearing information regarding our club and welcome it

i-aint-reading-all-that-im-happy-for-you-tho-or-sorry-that-v0-36n75ab7lc7a1.jpg

I do have Hawthorn sources but if this is the shit I'm copping, that'll be the last you hear from me.
I for one always appreciate some info, whether it pans out or not options are always something that excites.

We’ve pretty much had six elimination finals in a row the last six weeks and the tension in here has been a little trigger happy the last two weeks. I’m over invested to an extent that its difficult to think of anything else other than hitting refresh on the hawks bigfooty page and seeing who else is loving what we’re doing.

Good luck next weekend, my best mate is a bully and we’re both pissed that the two best teams in it will pnly be one after the first week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang around, if legit.
Most of it's pretty mundane to be honest.

One pretty funny thing I can say is everyone at the club from top to bottom was genuienly surprised at how much Jacob Koschitzke is getting at Richmond. You wanted to keep him, but you don't get in the way of the fact that another club (Richmond) is offering twice as much money as you ... which is twice as much money as 17 clubs in the league would have offered him.

We've got 4 of our own trusted posters on our board that have him going to the Cats. 2 of those had him coming to us early on but now have him to the Cats. Not knocking your intel (well sort of) but when someone starts throwing around percentage it reeks of nonsense.

One guy on X is going with the fact Saints have upped their offer and he will stay at bigger money than what we are offering. Any info here TD etc
It's true. This is footage of the Saints list manager walking with Battles manager. They're now on the hook for 5 years @1.7mil per season 😂

Saints_List_Manager.gif

Thanks for letting us know he's a chance of landing at literally any club.

To be fair, a lot of the shit you're copping is really just a running joke at Jon Ralph's expense, who said he's 85% sure Smith is going to Cats. Clearly a made up percentage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back