Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca can request a trade all he wants, but at the moment the general consensus is that one of McKay or Curnow would need to be involved for any movement to occur.

If you are either one of those contracted players, why would you even consider sticking around long enough to hear the end of the question? Would be a big, fat 'NO' immediately.

Petracca can request a trade all he wants, but at the moment the general consensus is that one of McKay or Curnow would need to be involved for any movement to occur.

If you are either one of those contracted players, why would you even consider sticking around long enough to hear the end of the question? Would be a big, fat 'NO' immediately.
Yeah but there was the leaked story about how they wouldnt accept any offers from any other team except Carlton and that surely wasnt linked by anyone from the navy Blues...what would they possibly have to gain from that??

My strong mail, from the inner sanctum of that club, is that all trade requests will be blocked. He can request all he likes.

I agree with your point about anyone wanting to go there but trades aren’t always as simple.

For example, if Melbourne offered Mitch Lewis 5 years at $800k he’d jump at that to secure his future. We might then bring McKay across which lets Carlton go for Trac with McKay and some picks, all part of a trade.

None of that will happen, but it’s an example of how Melbourne could get a key forward and much more for Trac if that’s what they wanted to do.

Other than throwing big contracts at players others won’t I’m not sure the dees would be appealing to any players if Petracca left.

Wow. Sam Faff has his balls on the line with this one.

Is it true that any idiot with a twitter account can appear to report something as fact on first glance but can also retain the ability to claim they were just asking a question by prefacing everything with "is it true"?

For the love of Dunstall can we please let's move on.

Nobody is criticising anyone for sharing information that changed, or was wrong. We don't even know if that's the case yet.

I just made a light hearted callback to the coin grabber comment. Similar to how Ricky Henderson called Gunston a mumma's boy when he left Adelaide for Hawthorn, then Gunston retweeted it a few years later when Ricky did the same.
Why'd you bring me into it?

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't really get the idea of them letting him go for one of them in return. They need one of those two in addition to Petracca. Losing him and gaining one of them brings them no closer to a flag.

They either need to hold him and try to improve around the fringes and hope to contend again or they need to trade him and look to retool for another flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true that a Norf supporting gimp with a brain the size of a walnut who pays for Twitter can put out Tweets of very, very obvious guesses and then claim like some genius when he gets it right once or twice that he has some kind of inside info?

Same ******* speculated that Trac was going to request a trade to Hawthorn only days ago. How utterly obvious is it to make yourself look like a genius with 'OMG Trac wants out to X club' Tweets right now. Low hanging fruit.

Last edited:
My strong mail, from the inner sanctum of that club, is that all trade requests will be blocked. He can request all he likes.
Hmm, that's a great way to treat your players. Literally forcing everyone to stay. Does that include the ANB trade back to Adelaide (town not team)?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Melbourne will do there utmost to move Clayton Oliver on in a bid to appease and alleviate Petracca's growing concerns over the clubs instability and worrying culture.

Going to be a long two weeks

serious the simpsons GIF

Hmm, that's a great way to treat your players. Literally forcing everyone to stay. Does that include the ANB trade back to Adelaide (town not team)?
Mate he’s only just signed a long term deal! Contracts have to go both ways, you can’t just sign a long term big money contract and then expect to able to get out of it when ever you want!

Mate he’s only just signed a long term deal! Contracts have to go both ways, you can’t just sign a long term big money contract and then expect to able to get out of it when ever you want!
Contracts mean shit. Melbourne know that better than anyone. Were happy to take on Grundy's contract, but then palm it off when they didn't like the result.

Also, I think it's clear that I assumed TD had meant all trade requests and not just Petracca's (which he has since cleared up).

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back