Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we turn around and do a trade for Bailey Smith just for the lols?

Geelong would go nuclear. :laughv1:
It is not happening, but could you imagne the mental gymnastics the Geelong media folk would need to perform.

I feel like we’re putting the Eagles on a timer. They need Pick 14 for Baker, or else they’ll need to downgrade Pick 3.
Naa, they are not trading 14 for Baker, that is the cover.

they are more likely to trade 14 to Sydney for 19+22 and trade 19 for Baker.

MM has smelt the trick out and is instead using the power of pick 14.

If Eagles want 14, then they should ideally be sending something back. Love their F2, but F3 should be fine too.

I don't like this move at all

If we think we're overpaying for Barrass just stand pat at pick 14

There is a reason why everyone is trying to trade into this draft, we could've had Luke Trainor at pick 14

Wonder if this was done in conversations with WC…could potentially set them up for a Chad Warner chase next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the media narrative is too quick to jump the gun on drama. It could easily be that West Coast have told Hawthorn roughly what they would accept for Barrass, and putting 14 up for trade is part of making that happen. Not just screwing West Coast or threatening to walk from the trade.

If it's 14 for Carlton F1 + F2, maybe the trade just becomes Barrass for a future first and a second instead of 14 and a future second.

Or like, F1 (Haw) + F1 (Carl) for Barrass and F2 (WCE).

Which would make the end result Barrass and Carlton's F2 for 14 and a slide from our F1 to WC's F2 (hopefully minor). Which lets West Coast justify the trade as giving them 3 first round picks next year, while being comparable or less valuable than 14 + F2 to Hawthorn. Plus, they could send a less valuable future first to Richmond instead of 14 for Baker.

I just can't see us agreeing to bring him in then leave him in the cold when push comes to shove. I like the bold stance from the club though. Could be an interesting few days.
I think this is like what we did in the o'meara trade. We had 14 and 23 (from hill trade) 36 and F1st. We had offered gold coast a few of those combinations, which could have gotten them F1 + 23 or even 14 + 23 or 14+ F1. They played hardball so we just traded 14 for Mitchell.

And got them the TOP 10 pick they craved greatly.

They ended up with 10 + F2nd

Stkilda made out like bandits with 23, 36 and F1 for pick 10 + 68

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back