Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Could he? Has he even done his coaching credentials? I have always thought Sam was the more natural coaching transition of the two of them. I have no doubt Hodge would be one of the best motivators out there - but in terms of gameday nous and tactical stuff I think Sam's footy IQ has him beat - which isn't a knock on Hodge it's just how I highly I rate Sam. He was doing his coaching credentials while still playing and has worked towards getting to where he is now since we were winning flags. I just don't see Hodgey as a head coach.
I always thought Hodge was great at the in moment stuff, knowing when to leave his man, knowing exactly where to stand as a loose defender when the ball is on the wing. Giving the perfect teasing distance off a short pass to intercept.

But in terms of overall game plan strategy I don't think that was his strength. As a 1 on 1 coach though he'd be excellent at going through vision with players and letting them know what they did well or poorly.

Didn't we pay 2x 1st Rounders for Burgoyne, though?

eldorado thoughts?
Everytime I'm paged to the hypothetical trade thread, I know it's going to be next comedy prodigy regaling us with their latest uproarious variation on the classic vaudeville skit "Two Firsts For Burgoyne, Eldorado?"

God I'm sick of discussing trades with ****ing morons.

In a trade where a club gives 3x 1st round picks for a player and a 1st round pick - THEY HAVE NOT PAID 3 FIRST ROUNDERS FOR THAT PLAYER

Here's one :cool: Did they:

Give 10 and 11 and slide UP from 18 to 14?

OR

Give 10 and 18 and slide DOWN from 11 to 14?

EDIT: or give 11 and 18 and slide down from 10 to 14, but it seems 10 was always on the table haha

Everytime I'm paged to the hypothetical trade thread, I know it's going to be next comedy prodigy regaling us with their latest uproarious variation on the classic vaudeville skit "Two Firsts For Burgoyne, Eldorado?"
You're welcome!

They just announced they're extending it by 24 hours because some of the trades need extra time

MM is totally hitting the snooze button if they did.

tired homer simpson GIF

Wasn't this actually Leather Poisoning's gripe to begin with? I feel like people just assume it was an angry Eldo rant.

Anyone know a good hot water system brand I should look into?
I haven't tuned into a single second of Trade Radio and don't intend to.

Therefore, based purely on the feedback from this thread, which is far more entertaining and informative than anything Trade Radio could ever offer, my advice would be:
Install (anything but) a Rheem.

I haven't tuned into a single second of Trade Radio and don't intend to.

Therefore, based purely on the feedback from this thread, which is far more entertaining and informative than anything Trade Radio could ever offer, my advice would be:
Install (anything but) a Rheem.

First time i logged in was today, i lasted 30 mins and heard this stupid ad probably 5-6 times

Wont be back again

First time i logged in was today, i lasted 30 mins and heard this stupid ad probably 5-6 times

Wont be back again

I haven't tuned in for a single second this year and I am all the richer for it. Mainly because I didn't buy a new hot water system or tyres for my car.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just announced they're extending it by 24 hours because some of the trades need extra time
Another 24 hours of this crap? It goes way too long already. It's the same every year, a couple of deals done early and then everyone sits around playing big dick businessman for the next week resulting in a stalemate. The system really needs an arbiter to get this moving.

I haven't tuned in for a single second this year and I am all the richer for it. Mainly because I didn't buy a new hot water system or tyres for my car.

I gave it a couple of hours year ago and it was absolute crap. Literally nothing happens. You may get 5 minutes with a list manager who wont share anything unless its already signed off, plus the same half dozen ads over and over and over.

I worry about the sanity of anyone who tunes in with any regularity.

Charlie Chaplin Dance GIF by Altitude Films

Pick 6 being involved in a deal for a dime a dozen HBF should be grounds for a Performance Management Plan.
The fact the media defend it by saying they don't need picks they aren't important for them just goes to show what a joke the AFL's assistance packages have been for them. They are constantly handing out freebies to clubs to get off the mistakes they have continually made because they can.

I genuinely hope they get no success purely because listening to the media claim what a good story it is and how well they have done would make me sick. No club has ever been as well looked after as they have. Can't wait for the fixture release to see they have once again been gifted a free ride as always.

The fact the media defend it by saying they don't need picks they aren't important for them just goes to show what a joke the AFL's assistance packages have been for them. They are constantly handing out freebies to clubs to get off the mistakes they have continually made because they can.

I genuinely hope they get no success purely because listening to the media claim what a good story it is and how well they have done would make me sick. No club has ever been as well looked after as they have. Can't wait for the fixture release to see they have once again been gifted a free ride as always.
I also don't think I can buy into the story of not needing them when they're still yet to make finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back