Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It was Battle that didnt sign the contract that was offered and it wasn't just some token contract like Smith's.
But that was early this year when they thought he'd sign on automatically. Now with no signature and us circling they might well be thinking of what compo they'd get and would it be worth it.
Knowing the AFL, they might well get a 1st and they'd be thinking it might be better in terms of their rebuild.

Surely Max King will want out. Hard to watch him at the moment.
The biggest NO to Max King. Unbelievably piss wweak.
He's a massive reason why StKilda struggles to kick big scores, im constantly seeing him getting outmuscled and worked under the footy by a smaller defender.

No thank you!!

Last edited:
Did he say that?
At least the kid won’t have a bung knee!

Mash Up Ball GIF

The biggest NO to Max King. Unbelievably piss wweak.
He's a massive reason why StKilda struggles to kick big scores, im constantly seeing him getting outmuscled and worked under the footy by a smaller defender.

No thank you!!

He had a shocker, but he's a really talented player.

Jimmy Bartel mentioned an amazing stat about King. For offensive 1v1 contests King is:

3rd best for contest win percentage
3rd worst for contest loss percentage

He's either winning or losing contests outright, so there is no middle ground at all, no balls dropping to crumbers or getting locked in, etc.

Jimmy Bartel mentioned an amazing stat about King. For offensive 1v1 contests King is:

He's either winning or losing contests outright, so there is no middle ground at all, no balls dropping to crumbers or getting locked in, etc.
Much like Jack Riewoldt did when Richmond came good, King needs to take a leaf out of Roughy's book. If Rough wasn't in perfect position he'd treat the aerial contest like a ruck contest and just get it down to our smalls. Rough was certainly a very good 1:1 player, but I reckon if we had access to the loss related stats he'd have barely ever lost one.

If you can change that about King he'd be a great get, but he's one of those players where - despite flaws - his value will always be at potential and not output.

He will probably go to Geelong to replace Hawkins

Jon Ralph just on Foxfooty saying Battle increasingly likely to join us.

Don't think he realises that Battle is a UFA said he's a RFA and that the Saints should match.

Did I hear him say Jordon Roughhead? Also Battle is an RFA not a UFA?

The only thing I take out of that, is if they are getting the basic information wrong, with Battle’s status and who our list manager is, then you can not take anything seriously from him. Grain of salt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a fair few talls coming through this draft now I wouldn't be surprised if our draft strategy has changed and we use our first. Mckenzie is going to end up a better player than Smith.

This a 1000 times.

Frenchie will be an absolute gun.

We should be aiming as high as we can for an elite mid.

What gets The Bont to Dingley, or a Sam Walsh, or even a Harley Reid (do not understand the vitriol in the WCE thread - kid is a gun)?

They can only say no, but eventually one will say yes. Neale and Dunkley to Brisbane for example.

I'd throw the kitchen sink at Petracca and Mac Andrew.

Gotta ask the question - so ask the very best.

This a 1000 times.

Frenchie will be an absolute gun.

We should be aiming as high as we can for an elite mid.

What gets The Bont to Dingley, or a Sam Walsh, or even a Harley Reid (do not understand the vitriol in the WCE thread - kid is a gun)?

They can only say no, but eventually one will say yes. Neale and Dunkley to Brisbane for example.

I'd throw the kitchen sink at Petracca and Mac Andrew.

Gotta ask the question - so ask the very best.
the similarities between the Bailey Smith and Josh Dunkley situations are really similar. What you want to be looking for is a guy who is possibly frustrated at role or team play. Not to mention when Bailey Smith was up and goes he looked like he was going to become one of the best in the comp as you requested.

Since then though, be it role or other factors there are numbers saying his disposal hasnt come on or gone backwards. Is that fixable? Would think so but questions why it hasnt at Dogs would need to be discussed in house.

Cant see Bont/Walsh/Petracca moving to another same state club while their teams are competing. Andrew being from Victoria would of been gettable I reckon prior to this season but now he has a new role under a new coach and playing well. Reid surely would cost the most of all based purely on age/potential of the guys you mentioned and as a result West Coast unless he JHF's them wont be letting him go.

Luke Davies-Uniacke might of fit what you are mentioning but he just pledged to stay, or a guy like Lachie Ash who played this role and on ball at under 18s if he was hoping to move more into a midfield role but he isnt exactly the guy you were talking about

mentions Hawks as in a two team race for Bailey Smith, "well in the fight" for Josh Battle and in the mix for Perryman

i haven't paid any attention to Josh Battle , but I'd happily back Sam if he was red- hot to bring him in.
Can anyone tell me what attributes Battle has that makes us offer him 6 years? Is he an intercept king , or what ?

i haven't paid any attention to Josh Battle , but I'd happily back Sam if he was red- hot to bring him in.
Can anyone tell me what attributes Battle has that makes us offer him 6 years? Is he an intercept king , or what ?
From what I have seen of him he is not so much an intercept king but a solid defender who can play on both big and small forwards and has excellent kicking skills and is strong overhead. Also he has the capabilities to swing forward if necessary. I'd give him 7/10 for versatility alone.

He’s top 5 in league for marks and intercepts marks this year

Don’t know about his kicking

Pretty sure Saints would be happy to let Battle go if they are guaranteed band one compo. Losing Battle for say pick 5 is a win for Saints, especially when you consider how many draft picks they have wasted over the years. Saints need a reset. AFL would be happy to give them a top pick just like North and McKay last year. Helps turn rabble clubs around a bit quicker.

Pretty sure Saints would be happy to let Battle go if they are guaranteed band one compo. Losing Battle for say pick 5 is a win for Saints, especially when you consider how many draft picks they have wasted over the years. Saints need a reset. AFL would be happy to give them a top pick just like North and McKay last year. Helps turn rabble clubs around a bit quicker.
Can’t imagine it’ll trigger band one. Will be like $750k to $800k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back