Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The sooner people realise what the realities of the increasing salary cap means, the better.
The cap is increasing by roughly $2m in 2025 and then $1m again in 2026. At this stage $800k is the new $600k.

The cap is increasing by roughly $2m in 2025 and then $1m again in 2026. At this stage $800k is the new $600k.

Plus free agents get inflated deals - it’s why the concept exists so players can extract value for themselves. So $800k for Perryman/Battle is about right yet we still get the hand wringing.

Perryman… interesting. Obviously Sam and the recruiting team have identified a role he can play that fills a need. I’am just not entirely sure what that is. In saying that I haven’t watched a lot of GWS up close this year.

In.. Smith, LDU, Battle, Perryman and maybe King coz who wants to play for that dumpster of a team. I like it.

In Sam we trust.

A few in here were unsure of D’ambrosio as a player and I’m aware he came a lot cheaper.

Underestimating a guy like Perryman is the same as opposing supporters thinking Hardwick is average.

Perryman is a great player who uses it so well and is so versatile. Also means we can free other players up like Weddle. We have the money and this guy is a nice puzzle piece to our next premiership.

I know very little about Perryman, so have been trying to understand who he is as a player.

To my surprise, a lot of his pre-draft and early days at GWS talk was focused on his ball winning ability, strength, clean ball use and goal kicking. Highlights back this up.

Not sure if accurate at all, but the vision reminded me of Josh Dunkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have we considered, perhaps, NOT offering him.this?
“What will Chol bring other then poor efforts?”
“D’ambrossio is no good”
“Ginnivan is lazy”
“Hale is a vfl player”
“What even is a Jarman Impey?”

I really like the idea of Perryman.

Will only be 26.

Can play inside, wing, back & forward. Sam loves positional flexibility.

Also has role versatility. For example, can play lockdown or rebounding small depending on team need.

A fantastic kick of the football which suits our style.

The only point of contention is the cost but I think that overpaying for these types has become the norm. There's so much competition with teams throwing big bucks that you need to sweeten the pot.

I like the idea of Battle of it allows Weddle to move to the midfield.

I know we all want to bring in top end midfield talent but I can't help but think that is Weddle in the future.
I know this is the prevailing sentiment, but they're not like for like. That means we play Sicily, Scrimshaw, Battle & Frost in Defence. Moving Weddle out for another kicker (not runner) could hamper our rebound from Defence.

I know very little about Perryman, so have been trying to understand who he is as a player.

To my surprise, a lot of his pre-draft and early days at GWS talk was focused on his ball winning ability, strength, clean ball use and goal kicking. Highlights back this up.

Not sure if accurate at all, but the vision reminded me of Josh Dunkley.
I haven't paid attention to him for the last few years but I loved what he offered when he played off a wing.

Watching Battle today he'd be a huge pickup for us, think he'd be the more important pickup outta him and Smith.

Battle and a top 10 pick > Smith.
future captain

I really like the idea of Perryman.

Will only be 26.

Can play inside, wing, back & forward. Sam loves positional flexibility.

Also has role versatility. For example, can play lockdown or rebounding small depending on team need.

A fantastic kick of the football which suits our style.

The only point of contention is the cost but I think that overpaying for these types has become the norm. There's so much competition with teams throwing big bucks that you need to sweeten the pot.

Never seen him play as don’t watch other clubs play but you made him sound like he could be this teams Burgoyne, not in the way his plays and skill level but how he can play anywhere and be this teams Mr fix it, break glass in case of emergency.

Never seen him play as don’t watch other clubs play but you made him sound like he could be this teams Burgoyne, not in the way his plays and skill level but how he can play anywhere and be this teams Mr fix it, break glass in case of emergency.

He's not Silk level. Think a Guerra that could play midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back