Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have watched GWS quite a bit over the last 3 years and I can honestly say I have never noticed Perryman do anything of obvious significance. He is almost invisible unless you know who he is.

It does not mean he is not a good player. Some players play their role so well you don't notice them. Massimo this season is a good example. Not sure where he fits but if he's good enough he will find a role.

I have watched GWS quite a bit over the last 3 years and I can honestly say I have never noticed Perryman do anything of obvious significance. He is almost invisible unless you know who he is.

It does not mean he is not a good player. Some players play their role so well you don't notice them. Massimo this season is a good example. Not sure where he fits but if he's good enough he will find a role.
Yep you are correct but he doesn't make many mistakes either. 800k is what was aware of about a month ago so, that may seem a bit too high for a role player but remember, Adelaide are also hitting that mark as we speak. So, he's wanted by us, crows, port and obviously his current club doesn't want to lose him either. We will have a few retirements, delisting and players looking at other clubs as options at the end of the year, then there are injuries and loss of form to take into account next year onwards. And we DON'T give up any draft capital which makes it even easier.

yep, I'm with you, McKay is a beauty.
for a start, if he plays in the round one Hawks side, and not Essendon, we win that game. And the Collingwood and Port games.... so we'd be 11-4. No wonder Sam likes him!!!!
Rubbish. McKay plays for us Frost plays 2’s. Rather Frost any day. McKay was nowhere near worth the money. Hopefully we persist with our mobile key defenders and not trade in a log like McKay or Ratugolea!

Spot on, I drafted him last year in our fantasy footy comp and I followed him intently, watching the Giants games and I saw nothing to suggest that he is anything more than a back-up.

I do not see the Giants worrying over his departure, they have been very shrewd over time and our clubs so-called Giant gains have been anything but that.

There is a lot to still play out in 2024.

View attachment 2036526
If he plays as a defender, he is showing that he has the defensive craft one on one to do what is needed. Offers so much flexibility wi5 our back six and midfield as well. Cold be another shrewd acquisition from Mark McKenzie.
He’s the second worst 1-on-1 defender in the league losing 50% of his contests only Toby Pink is worse losing 62.5%

He looks good with ball in hand so I hope we get him. But I wouldn’t trust his defensive work.

A KPD like Sicily = worth every penny.
One like McKay = nope. He's just not my type of player.
McKay struggles 1-on-1 losing 38.5% of contests compared to Frost 19.4%.

It’s same as why I can’t understand all the crowing about Comben when he’s hopeless when he has to defend.

The first thing a key defender has to do is stop goals being scored.

If Sleepy Mark and Genius Sam think Perryman is worth chasing because he fills a particular need in a team that is flying over the last couple months then I'm going to trust that he'll likely be a good pick up.
This should be a selling point for us. "We rate you so highly Mark got out of bed to come and see you......"

We got a lot right as a club but we’ve also had some very lucky misses in our recruiting imo.

McKenzie is on a roll but it was barely 9 months ago that we missed out on sound McKay after a huge effort by Sam and the club - THANK GOD!
If Tyler Brockman stayed we don’t get Ginnivan and if Liam Henry chose us we don’t get Mass and we would have had to give up more in a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Daniel now saying Smith to Geelong is done.

Almost every journo now has parked this bus at Geelong.

I'd be staggered if he ends up at Hawthorn from here.

Probably why we’ve started pushing hard for Perryman.

Although he’s a bang average player according to experts on here, our coaches and recruiting staff clearly see a lot in him so hopefully we get him.

His teammates and coaches speak very highly of him, that’s the kind of player you want at your club - who cares what others say.

Perryman and our first pick > Smith.

Ryan Daniel now saying Smith to Geelong is done.

Almost every journo now has parked this bus at Geelong.

I'd be staggered if he ends up at Hawthorn from here.
I was hoping Smith got to the Hawks, have you got a link to the Daniels report? Rhino doesn’t publish unless he’s certain he’s got the mail.

Smith will make us a better side and I do want him. However, he's never really been a good kick and a lot of our recent improvement has been off the back of fast, accurate ball movement.

I like Battle because he's a decent user and he lets us play Weddle higher as a gamebreaking mid/fwd. I like Perryman because he is versatile and has good disposal.

Smith lacks skill consistency and positional versatility (he wants to be only inside) which is why I wouldn't be too disappointed with the loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back