Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there interest in Tom Barrass from the Hawks or is he a little bit past the age profile you’d be looking at? Saw a smattering of posts on your board last week and obviously him and Gov are the only things that prevented a repeat of the 100 point Tassie debacle. Mitchell is thought of very highly on our board and was a key to our 2018 flag as much as the four he played in.
I doubt we’d be interested too much due to age.

Posters on this board though, sure.

SO WHAT ARE YOU HAVING FOR BREAKFAST THAT DAY????
I do still love me a bowl of Nutrigrain on occasion, but I’m not certain.

More to come.

Got told last night from someone in the know at the Bulldogs - last draft period we offered Bulldogs two first round picks for Smith - presumably last years first and this years first and they knocked it back. He personally wanted them to take the offer and doesn’t think they will get as good an offer this year

I agree, but personally glad we didn’t do this as it would have meant missing out on Watson and this years pick which will probably be top ten again

If Smith does choose us, Bulldogs will ask for the world again - our first pick and something else - either future first or one of our highly rated youngsters. Really rate him but he’s just not worth selling the farm for IMO

If we get Perryman and Battle via free agency…we will absolutely swing for the fences with a trade, can’t wait to see who the targets are.

This - missing out on Smith is actually fairly exciting. If we nail another target and there are no compelling KPPs showing themselves for the 2025 draft then possibly we will be using multiple picks in a fairly significant trade.

Got told last night from someone in the know at the Bulldogs - last draft period we offered Bulldogs two first round picks for Smith - presumably last years first and this years first and they knocked it back. He personally wanted them to take the offer and doesn’t think they will get as good an offer this year

I agree, but personally glad we didn’t do this as it would have meant missing out on Watson and this years pick which will probably be top ten again

If Smith does choose us, Bulldogs will ask for the world again - our first pick and something else - either future first or one of our highly rated youngsters. Really rate him but he’s just not worth selling the farm for IMO
Been out for the year with an ACL, don't think they have a leg to stand on (pardon the pun) to be asking for the world.

They would ask though.
And we'd tell them where to go.

Maybe this is where the Geelong talk is coming from? They may be prepared to cough up two firsts as they are desperate for someone like him, whereas we aren't. Though, you only need to look at the Richmond-Taranto/Hopper trades to see that that would not be a good move for them.

Maybe this is where the Geelong talk is coming from? They may be prepared to cough up two firsts as they are desperate for someone like him, whereas we aren't. Though, you only need to look at the Richmond-Taranto/Hopper trades to see that that would not be a good move for them.
That would be hilarious if they give up two firsts for him

Geelongs hit rate with first round picks is woeful as well. Probably back themselves to trade them out and find steals later in the draft.

Gentle reminder......

96 days til Trade Period

I’m interested on how you do this mate.

I picture you with a novelty-sized calendar up on a wall with the start of trade period circled and one of those tearable pads beside it with “96 days to go”?

I picture you with a novelty-sized calendar up on a wall with the start of trade period circled and one of those tearable pads beside it with “96 days to go”?
A chocolate inside for each day, God’s work needs rewarding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will start marketing the AFL Trade Period Advent Calendar

Noting that most trades get down in the last few hours of trade period, I always chuckle at "leading the race" and "done deal" sort of posts when its 100 days before the trade period even starts.

Will start marketing the AFL Trade Period Advent Calendar

Noting that most trades get down in the last few hours of trade period, I always chuckle at "leading the race" and "done deal" sort of posts when its 100 days before the trade period even starts.
'Leading the race' does my head in.

It's not a race - it's a contest. it's selection process. The prize doesn't go to the first club across a metaphorical line, or even the biggest contract. Clubs don't 'race' each other to win a premiership.

Semantics - and I should not care so much.

This could be partly why Smith is likely to go to Cats. He knows a deal will likely get done there.

He must have read the tea leaves that the best we would offer is our first pick this year and Dogs won't take that and then he will have to do the PSD rounds.

Cats may likely offer their 1st pick + something more( maybe F2). Smith may be assuming correctly we will finish higher than Cats as well, so Cats will have better picks.

Go the bacon, you can never have enough bacon
ron swanson GIF

Don't care for Smith. He'll be another Dahlhaus.

Increasingly feels like we're going 0-3 recruit wise, but not worried.

C'mon, he'll be nothing like Dalhaus - who was older when he joined Geelong and was a physically limited player. Smith is a much more dynamic midfielder.

It's surprising to see he is still only 31 though.

My cousin is a Saints fan and reckons he's definitely leaving fwiw, says they've known for a while now.
He has no idea where he's going (us or whoever) but he's def. going.
And ftr he's pissed off that he's leaving because he really rates him.

Apparently the story is the Saints put an offer to him early on but took it for granted he'd re-sign so didn't pursue it at all but then he started playing some great footy and a couple of clubs got in his ear, by the time Saints realised this and saw his form it's become too late.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back