Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yesterday Gabelich wrote that Sicily would be a test for this weekend, after writing his article for AFL.com.au
Literally 20 minutes after it was released, Seven had a piece about it, Herald Sun, Fox Sports etc. All rehashed from the one source.
This so true and makes me laugh

None of them make it down to training other than Gabelich

If I were him I would set up a bullshit tweet with Hawthorns knowledge to see how many run with it

To be fair, I've seen a few others there at times this year including Pierek and MacFarlane doing pieces on the Hawks. Coincidentally, both times and pieces were on Will Day.

Gabelich has been down more often than not and as such is a well respected and trusted source on the Hawks.
I'm pretty sure the AFL distributes journalists so that each has different clubs of responsibility. I'm pretty sure Gabelich and Beveridge share responsibilities for the Melbourne teams, I know that Josh covers us, the Saints and the Dogs. Nathan Schmook does WA teams. Don't know too much about the rest

If we get Perryman and Battle via free agency…we will absolutely swing for the fences with a trade, can’t wait to see who the targets are.

If we missed out on Smith would like the club to have a go at a young Victorian midfielder from an interstate club and try to bring him home, like Carlton did with Cerra, I’m sure there is one out there, not going to happen but.

Not sure where to post this, but... does anyone know the situation with Nash?
UFA who has not signed yet.
Would HATE to lose him.
It was mentioned here on big footy in the last few days that a new contract had all but been agreed on and that it would be announced very soon, also in a radio interview today Nash said he is very happy playing at the hawks and couldn't speak more highly of playing under Sam Mitchell.

My cousin is a Saints fan and reckons he's definitely leaving fwiw, says they've known for a while now.
He has no idea where he's going (us or whoever) but he's def. going.
And ftr he's pissed off that he's leaving because he really rates him.

Apparently the story is the Saints put an offer to him early on but took it for granted he'd re-sign so didn't pursue it at all but then he started playing some great footy and a couple of clubs got in his ear, by the time Saints realised this and saw his form it's become too late.
Phillipou heading home to SA too!

Wave Hello GIF

Nott-ah complain. Serong with-ah you?

From Gettable so take with a real grain of salt and then some

• Twomey has us third in line for Perryman behind Port & GWS
  • Beveridge went on a random spiel about DGB's out of contract status but didn't provide any assertion whatsoever
  • Battle still undecided but likely coming to us
  • Smith just between Hawks/Geelong but "will get a clear sign pretty soon about whether it's the cats or the hawks for him" interesting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back when I grew up there were club aligned journos so you would get much better coverage. Now it’s a joke the amount of journos on X who simply repost others articles for the clicks is ridiculous. Today the absolute dumpster fire that is Zero Hanger which i can’t believe exists blatantly posted a link to code sports saying Ralphy thinks this…I guess it’s no different to platforms like YouTube where people seem to be making a career by reposting video clips. I have really dropped my engagement in all of this and it’s a great improvement.

Got told last night from someone in the know at the Bulldogs - last draft period we offered Bulldogs two first round picks for Smith - presumably last years first and this years first and they knocked it back. He personally wanted them to take the offer and doesn’t think they will get as good an offer this year

I agree, but personally glad we didn’t do this as it would have meant missing out on Watson and this years pick which will probably be top ten again

If Smith does choose us, Bulldogs will ask for the world again - our first pick and something else - either future first or one of our highly rated youngsters. Really rate him but he’s just not worth selling the farm for IMO
I'd be open to next years 1st rounder and say a Ward, DGB or even a Worpel and an F2. He's coming off an ACL and hasn't played for 18 months.

From Gettable so take with a real grain of salt and then some

• Twomey has us third in line for Perryman behind Port & GWS
  • Beveridge went on a random spiel about DGB's out of contract status but didn't provide any assertion whatsoever
  • Battle still undecided but likely coming to us
  • Smith just between Hawks/Geelong but "will get a clear sign pretty soon about whether it's the cats or the hawks for him" interesting?

Geez thats interesting....

I'd be open to next years 1st rounder and say a Ward, DGB or even a Worpel and an F2. He's coming off an ACL and hasn't played for 18 months.

Worpel and our 1st ?

Bwahahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back