Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralphy now saying Smith is 85% to go to Cats.
Media now whipping the horse to get this over the line. They're almost willing it to happen.
Meh.

Players are gonna go where they wanna go regardless of what the media says, if that's Geelong so be it but I don't think the journo circus is making a difference. Rumoured that he might want to be more of "the guy" than he'd get to be here. More power to him.

I'm comfortable with the midfield we've got and the growth left in those guys. If it's a decision between getting Smith and having him be the main guy in our midfield or getting Perryman with him playing a more team first role, I'll take Perryman.

Watching a bit more junior footy, a good free agent and keeping our first feels pretty appealing. We'll be right in the sweet spot for our pick. Guys are being projected out to 10-20 who can go with guys projected top 5. There's not a heap of difference there like in previous years where you needed to be in a top 3-5 hitting zone before a drop off.

Lots of talls making late charges. About 10 mids who could all be as good as each other. Clubs might be more willing to slide down than previous years.

Ralphy now saying Smith is 85% to go to Cats.
Media now whipping the horse to get this over the line. They're almost willing it to happen.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

To be fair, picking Geelong would be the right option for Smith to choose if he wants to be the main mid because he will be the 3rd or 4th at the Hawks.
Good luck to him if it’s all about him and not team success

Yes and it makes me scared he'll leave... think he plays a important structural role in the team.
He has said, in interviews on sports shows in Ireland, that he's never leaving the hawks, unlike a certain one man team, he is a one team man.

Wowsers. A few posts from now and the Baz will have been lucky to have played a single game of AFL footy.
I reckon he's an A grader in a position that can make a massive difference to a team's performance. A significant amount of X factor leaves the list when Breuster and Wingard exit stage left, and Bailey would be the easiest addition to the 22 ever.

We whiff, sure it's no death knell and we're building nicely, but it's all in how quick you want to get there.
Get Smith in over the off season, maybe Battle too, and we could fly up to around that 4-6th position on the ladder for the majority of next season and believe that we're there to win it all.

I think the new digs are going to have a massive impact too. Coincides beautifully with our young players really growing and executing skills to ever increasing levels, and that's only going to compound in an environment that looks world class and will reinforce their thinking that they're second to no one.
Bring in a gun or two by trade from the outside, and the growth may shock the world. But not us.

That's what we do at Hawthorn. Shock the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy call eh? With Worp's season this year I wouldn't even go for a straight swap.

I know player ratings aren't perfect but they've got Worp's 19, 23 and 24 seasons as higher rated than Smith's best - and Worp hasn't got an ACL recovery to get through.

View attachment 2037863

This is really interesting. Worpel really has gone to another level

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back