Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Wicks comes with a similar ‘alleged’ reputation off field to what Mabior Chol, if we can rehabilitate one we can the other.
The rumour that had been circulating about Wicks earlier in the year was that he’d involved himself with a teammates ex. No idea if that was while they were still together or after, or to what degree it is thought he was involved - if at all. But seemingly it was disruptive for the playing group.

I’m not aware of Chol having been involved in anything like that at Richmond or Suns. The “two phones” thing started at Richmond because apparently Chol rocked two phones and I guess the implication was that he was using the second phone for flings. Which could be the case, but we need to remember he was the victim of sexual abuse at Richmond so it’s possible if he did have a second phone that there was a legitimate reason for it unrelated to sex.

The rumour that had been circulating about Wicks earlier in the year was that he’d involved himself with a teammates ex. No idea if that was while they were still together or after, or to what degree it is thought he was involved - if at all. But seemingly it was disruptive for the playing group.

I’m not aware of Chol having been involved in anything like that at Richmond or Suns. The “two phones” thing started at Richmond because apparently Chol rocked two phones and I guess the implication was that he was using the second phone for flings. Which could be the case, but we need to remember he was the victim of sexual abuse at Richmond so it’s possible if he did have a second phone that there was a legitimate reason for it unrelated to sex.
It was a joke. He didn’t have two phones.

They were saying I had this phone for the ladies and this one for the business,” Chol said. “It was all a made-up story but it's been interesting having that name

Sam Wicks, similar to Ginnivan last year. Whether to us or not will likely happen late.

Edit: Before anyone asks why we'd target him, all I've been told was from the Swans side. Depending on how the finals pan out Sydney are expecting to lose Warner, possibly also Logan Macdonald back west. Both the Swans and Wicks are apparently keen to separate at the end of the year, but it's not a priority for them, and we were one of the clubs mentioned in passing, didn't get anything more than that.
Logan Macdonald to Collingwood

Wicks is someone we have previously been linked too.

I don't think he'd get into our side currently, but maybe with Butler out for the foreseeable future we are looking at adding some depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Swans cap really that tight?
No Limit Buffet GIF

Zero hanger is terrible, and Harrison Jones is not much better.
And in what alternative reality would Jones "be a starter" for us?

Maybe if Scaife doesn't come on.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back