Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who give a **** about the SAints, or whether they are looked after???

"Yeah, you really better pay me way more...for the Saints compo, I mean"

We will offer what we offer, and the Saints will get their end of round 1 pick.

The idea that we would pay shitloads more than that, so they can get band 1 compo...WTF?

They've got no say in it. They don't have to walk him, they don't have to give him a parade...they can sit on their asses and suck shit for all I care.

Is this a ****ing charity???
I think it's more a case of Stkilda looking at what compensation they'd get and just saying "see ya later, we're happy with pick 4 thanks." or if the compensation pick is mediocre, upping their offer and trying to keep him. Wouldn't make a difference if he wants to leave anyway but they try and he may be happy to stay if he gets his massive pay day anyway.

Roughy should sit down with Josh Battle and show him the way he tackled Hannebery in the 2014 GF.

Then say... "Mate, we want you but we need to be responsible. Are you going to sign for what we offered or do I need to tackle you?

Last edited:
The clubs would know in advance what the compo will look like.
They can guess based on history.
They do get told for restricted free agents as they have to decide to match or not.

It’s not like Battle decides to leave and then Saints only get band 2 compo and he says oh no, I will stay now.

Port thought they would get band 1 for Amon and were shocked to get band 3.

Last edited:
Exactly, wants Saints looked after which ends up costing his new club (potentially) by giving Saints another pick before our first.
Not sure we will mind, even if we miss out on Baz i think we'd be a good chance at looking to move that pick for a player that comes (or already may be) onto the market. Then if we want a specific player that becomes available on draft night we can trade back into the first round like we did with Weddle.

Of course, that's contingent on a million factors. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if we shop our first regardless of Smith's decision

Start doing what the dees do every year almost and trade future picks into the current draft. A hawk in the hand…

I hope in the future we do this when we are a strong side again so when we do go back down we have a handful of future 1sts, like Richmond did but wasted them on hopper and Toranto.

Lewis kicks 2 goals on immediate return after long layoff. Then goes off injured for an elbow to the head, completely unrelated to prior knee issues.

And despite missing games across last 4 seasons, still has 2nd highest goal tally for us aside from Breust for the same time period.

Hypothetical Trade Thread: TRADE BAIT

Kobe Bryant What GIF

Welp. Both right and wrong in hindsight.

According to Hawthorn, it was an unrelated injury, and we definitely can’t trade him now.

But was more hoping he’d be a week out at best, not a year 😕 Lady Luck is a righteous toolbag to us this year with Lewis, Blanck and Butler.

Welp. Both right and wrong in hindsight.

According to Hawthorn, it was an unrelated injury, and we definitely can’t trade him now.

But was more hoping he’d be a week out at best, not a year 😕 Lady Luck is a righteous toolbag to us this year with Lewis, Blanck and Butler.
And yet we only have half of the Lions ACLs it’s worrying without looking at the stats feels like a lot this year.

The idea that we would pay shitloads more than that, so they can get band 1 compo...WTF?

They've got no say in it. They don't have to walk him, they don't have to give him a parade...they can sit on their asses and suck shit for all I care.

I like angry Eldo :moustache:

Battle staying put.
If Hawks chase Max King, or his brother for that matter, I'll start supporting Geelong. Dear has more talent in his little toe than those two prima-donnas put together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right Eldo.

The only reason we would facilitate this is if we were going to benefit from that compo pick somehow.

Curiously asking do they get notified what we'd offer him?

Lewis out now basically for 2 years means we need a pick in the first round and take a developing KPF as there are great options. Would freo take 7 and 33 for 13 and 15? Need to find either a split or bring forward our 2025 f1.
You don't trade out a top ten pick for some random late first round picks.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Big news. I am 85% sure this might be true...
Josh Battle is currently leading in the race to decide his own future!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back