Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a modern day gorilla FB.
Capable of playing key position like Frost and Scrimshaw.

I think the bonus of Battle as CHB, is it releases Sis and Scrim to a flank where they can run and open opposition up with there kicking skills.

If he gets a regular game, he’ll be releasing a current regular to box hill

Been seeing this a lot…it is correct, however, these guy are recruiting him because they see him making the team better

if he wins them a premiership in the contract no one will be worried about the guy who had to play at Box Hill

If he comes in it also isn’t IF he gets a regular game he easily slots into that back 6 and improves it and if he improves it to me personally then that’s a good thing even if it means the decks are shuffled

If Smith pick us, but Dogs want a ready made Midfielder to replace Smith that can play straight away as they think they are close to a premiership so we give them one to get it done or walk away.

If Smith pick us, but Dogs want a ready made Midfielder to replace Smith that can play straight away as they think they are close to a premiership so we give them one to get it done or walk away.
Clubs say that every year but it’s incumbent on them to lure the player. We’re not shipping someone out against their will.

Inevitably they’ll accept a (good) pick.

Alex Davis from GC is mentioned on Gettable to be attracting interest from clubs is he someone that we would look at if Smith doesn’t choose us.

Haven’t seen him play before is he any good.

Battle staying put.
I see this the complete opposite.
For him to come out and say firstly all those complimentary things about the Saints then still not commit to their offer to me means he's almost certainly out the door.
And considering we're the only team to give him the same type of secure offer I'm pretty much convinced he'll be in the Brown n Gold next year.

I see this the complete opposite.
For him to come out and say firstly all those complimentary things about the Saints then still not commit to their offer to me means he's almost certainly out the door.
And considering we're the only team to give him the same type of secure offer I'm pretty much convinced he'll be in the Brown n Gold next year.
North, Melbourne and Collingwood have all made decent offers.

Big news. I am 85% sure this might be true...
Josh Battle is currently leading in the race to decide his own future!
But the situation is fluid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Battle to replace Lewis

Battle isn't a forward. I don't think it would be a good idea to bring in a good 3rd tall defender on big money and then play him in a position he's not accustomed to.

I think we'd be better served simply building the forward line around Dear and Chol, who had a solid partnership going. Hopefully Scaife and/or Ramsden push on with their development too.

On a side note, I wonder how McCabe's development and form would impact the potential signing of Battle. Or DGB and Serong's future for the matter.

Battle isn't a forward. I don't think it would be a good idea to bring in a good 3rd tall defender on big money and then play him in a position he's not accustomed to.

I think we'd be better served simply building the forward line around Dear and Chol, who had a solid partnership going. Hopefully Scaife and/or Ramsden push on with their development too.

On a side note, I wonder how McCabe's development and form would impact the potential signing of Battle. Or DGB and Serong's future for the matter.
There was talk about him being able to swing forward earlier in the thread. We may see that in him.

Noting that Dear/Chol is my preferred combo but could see Dear as replacing Gunston.

Battle to replace Lewis
Oh boy I hope this is understood as in the 23 and not people thinking you mean he will play forward. Good luck though

University Of North Carolina GIF by UNC Tar Heels

We need depth, especially talls. It will ease the pressure on some developing talls and give them time they need at Boxhill.

Beside I doubt frost will be still be playing in 2-3 years. Blanck will be finding form on return from his knee.
I’m just responding to calls of ‘if we get x, then y and z will be freed up to be more attacking’ you can’t just keep adding to the 22-23. Someone goes out

Frost or scrimshaw. And McCabe is dropped down a spot

Our coaches disagree with you and clearly they have some credit at this stage with the success of Ginnivan, D’Ambrosio and Chol.

Squads win premierships and we need depth, you seen what happened when we lost Sis.

There is no problem adding Battle as an UFA but the issue is adding him for $5 mill plus over 6 years.
$3.5 mill over 5 years seems much more reasonable.

That's not how free agency works though.

North, Melbourne and Collingwood have all made decent offers.
Decent yes, but we're the only ones who've apparently matched Saints' six-year deal (i'm not sure if six is right or the exact details but I do know we're the only ones that have matched them or surpassed in terms of cash)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back