Fly Morris
Chopper Baxter
Timmy Allen
Paul Harding
Chip Frawley

In return

Russell Greene 3 x premiership player
Ben Mcevoy 2 x premiership player
Don't forget Stuart Trott, who, but for injury, would have been a premiership player in '76.

Vickery. Our NGA, delisted.

What looks stark to me is how ruthless other clubs are when culling. Unlikely we will cull a 2nd round pick this quick.

Cats cut 8 off their list, Dons cut some 4 soon after their campaign was over.

No dithering.

We seem to give our draftees a long rope. Can even remember anyone(draftees, not MSD or SSP picks) we cut after just 2 yrs.

Last edited:
I am ready for Battle

Wow there will be so many Battle jokes for years that I can make that will shit youse all to tears…

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars
A baseball bat'll stop that.

I still remember how smug swans fans were after they drafted him with one of the picks we used to trade up to get weddle

And how smug beatson was talking with the Gettable guys and how funny that they traded that pick to us and then took our academy player. If they had of taken Weddle they would have Weddle and Blakey running and daring off half back. Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And how smug beatson was talking with the Gettable guys and how funny that they traded that pick to us and then took our academy player. If they had of taken Weddle they would have Weddle and Blakey running and daring off half back. Hilarious

The true masterminds of the draft, taking vickery and konstanty over weddle and Darcy jones and smugly calling it a victory 😂

This is exactly the issue. We know he has good intel, so people will take an extremely vague post and run with it like you have, making the assumption that it's well progressed. This just creates the hysteria we've seen the last few pages.

See SYL's post, two pages back. Lewis apparently isn't interested. This seems to be a case of Brisbane being interested, not that it's progressed beyond that. It's perfectly fine to post that, but the context is important!

It's also been reported Brisbane have reached out about Tom Lynch. They're clearly chasing a big KPF.

I haven't run with anything. I've just jumped to the defence of a poster who only shares Intel when it's solid.

Burton, apparently, also wasn't interested.

What looks stark to me is how ruthless other clubs are when culling. Unlikely we will cull a 2nd round pick this quick.

No dithering.

We seem to give our draftees a long rope. Can even remember anyone(draftees, not MSD or SSP picks) we cut after just 2 yrs.
Connor Downie only lasted two seasons from memor. But he's the only one that springs to mind so I think you are correct.

I guess it makes sense to give your draftees a bit of time seems pretty reckless to be cutting 8 players from your list all at once like the Scum have done.

Mind you I think three to four years is probably the maximum amount of years you can keep a player if they don't show they are up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the implication here that there isn't enough words for an inference?
Anyone/everyone can interpret it in any way.

It really was just a pointless cryptic post.

If they want to be taken seriously put some context to it.

& before anyone accuses me of criticising an ITK, it’s constructive criticism 😉 not an all out attack on him

He said they had Vickery rated 10th in their draft board.

Never rates the bloke as a recruiter. Just gets handouts from the academy and the coaches end up doing a doing a solid job of developing whoever it is they end up with.

He said they had Vickery rated 10th in their draft board.

Never rates the bloke as a recruiter. Just gets handouts from the academy and the coaches end up doing a doing a solid job of developing whoever it is they end up with.

And they picked konstanty before him so where the hell did they have him rated.

Anyone/everyone can interpret it in any way.

It really was just a pointless cryptic post.

If they want to be taken seriously put some context to it.

& before anyone accuses me of criticising an ITK, it’s constructive criticism 😉 not an all out attack on him
I feel like if you're not interested in that kind of post the easiest thing to do would be to ignore them or not engage with them- it feels like the cryptic ones are easily the most popular in this thread, though and a lot of us engage with them!

I also imagine that our ITKs are connected to the club in some way and because of that they don't want to be directly posting "so and so has had a conversation with such and such about player X"

No dithering.

Dylan Moore is a product of our long rope ;)

I’d say it’s more telling of some of the fat on some lists, and how competitive our stocks are atm

I haven't run with anything. I've just jumped to the defence of a poster who only shares Intel when it's solid.

Burton, apparently, also wasn't interested.
You have a post from rei154 above who took it the complete opposite to how you did. That in itself is proof that more context was needed.

Burton was neither liked nor overly needed. Not even remotely the same scenario as Lewis.

No dithering.

Kieran Lovell. First rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back