Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like if you're not interested in that kind of post the easiest thing to do would be to ignore them or not engage with them- it feels like the cryptic ones are easily the most popular in this thread, though and a lot of us engage with them!

I also imagine that our ITKs are connected to the club in some way and because of that they don't want to be directly posting "so and so has had a conversation with such and such about player X"
Yep, no wonder ITK don’t post much info, with reactions like this.

For all the potential acquisitions.....we're very light on list spots.

Can only think Wingard comes off the main list, Battle gets added. Stephens and Tucker were rookies.

So, we're at maximum on main list and 1 over rookie list with Phillips/Scaife later additions, right?

Morrison rightfully got his extension, but now if we add Barrass and take a couple of draftees....we're going to need to move on some LISTED players, not just rookies
Wasn’t Wingard on the rookie list?

heck, must be nice being Essendon right now, knowing saints will take 2 absolute duds off the table before you have to take your first pick
The sad thing is, they wouldn't have been duds until they entered St Begga's system.

If we shift a couple to the rookie list (say, Butler, DGB), 'axe' somebody on the margins (e.g. O'Sullivan) and let go of Phillips as the extra, does that mean - w the addition of Battle & Barrass - we have 2 spots in the ND? (Perhaps the 'Beast from the East' + one.)

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi guys, it's been a while! I have awoken from hibernation just in time for the trade and draft period.. lol.

Anyways, will Battle & Barrass be the only new players on our list for 2025? Or will we pick up someone else at the end of the draft as well? Any update on Ned Maginness?

If we shift a couple to the rookie list (say, Butler, DGB), 'axe' somebody on the margins (e.g. O'Sullivan) and let go of Phillips as the extra, does that mean - w the addition of Battle & Barrass - we have 2 spots in the ND? (Perhaps the 'Beast from the East' + one.)

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If WC ask more for Barrass, I'd honestly just throw DGB in there and do a pick swap of later selections. We've just added two key defenders on top of Frosty, Sis, Scrimma, Blanck, Phillips, and McCabe. There's no reason we should be keeping him on our list and, as I've said before, he's not a forward. Let him go before his value is nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If WC ask more for Barrass, I'd honestly just throw DGB in there and do a pick swap of later selections. We've just added two key defenders on top of Frosty, Sis, Scrimma, Blanck, Phillips, and McCabe. There's no reason we should be keeping him on our list and, as I've said before, he's not a forward. Let him go before his value is nothing.
Too late.

Jacob Konstanty was a player I really liked in his draft year. Massive pressure small forward. Out of favour at the Swans with some indifferent VFL form combined with injuries. Allegedly Longmire doesn't like him either.

For a late pick, or as a delisted free agent, he could be a worthwhile acquisition.

Agree with that. Hope we look at this.

You have a post from rei154 above who took it the complete opposite to how you did. That in itself is proof that more context was needed.

Burton was neither liked nor overly needed. Not even remotely the same scenario as Lewis.

Context comes later. It's entirely possible that providing further info to a social forum jeopardised the clubs negotiation position.

It's also entirely possible that RnL is a club plant and the posts are designed to gauge the attractiveness of a trade from the masses ;)

For all the potential acquisitions.....we're very light on list spots.

Can only think Wingard comes off the main list, Battle gets added. Stephens and Tucker were rookies.

So, we're at maximum on main list and 1 over rookie list with Phillips/Scaife later additions, right?

Morrison rightfully got his extension, but now if we add Barrass and take a couple of draftees....we're going to need to move on some LISTED players, not just rookies
Take your pick

Grainger barass
Phillips
Bailey mac (contracted but we can pay out )
O sullivan
Bennetts
Butler

4 from these 6 can go

I could be wrong but the only way I can see him staying on our list is if Serong is traded
Personally I think his best shot at making a career in the AFL will be to get traded to the Eagles as part of the Barrass deal.

I just can't see a spot for him in the Hawks given we will be getting Battle and Barrass. He will be so far down the pecking order for a spot in the backline when that happens.

Keeping DGB and trading Serong would be list management malpractice.
At this stage of their careers if you're choosing between the two then I agree but that doesn't mean that Serong isn't moved due to the lack of opportunities with Battle + Barrass coming in. We'd be silly to think that other clubs aren't enquiring about him especially with Frosty now staying. DGB on the other hand is a player that clubs will wait to see if we delist and then take a flyer on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back