Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What looks stark to me is how ruthless other clubs are when culling. Unlikely we will cull a 2nd round pick this quick.

Cats cut 8 off their list, Dons cut some 4 soon after their campaign was over.

No dithering.

We seem to give our draftees a long rope. Can even remember anyone(draftees, not MSD or SSP picks) we cut after just 2 yrs.
Essendon effectively delisted a rookie called Massimo .
Greatest call of all time

DGB will probably be delisted, struggled in the VFL this year and West Coast have said that they're not that interested in trading for him
DGB may not be delisted. He's not played well at all but he was playing through this season with turf toe that he never quite got over, even with that he still has a massive amount of work to do.

Rollcall - who’s working from home for day 1 of trade period? Or is it just me…

I'll be on a train to Venice, but I've made sure I'll have internet access. What better accompaniment to the beautiful Italian Countryside than listening to trade radio?

I'll be on a train to Venice, but I've made sure I'll have internet access. What better accompaniment to the beautiful Italian Countryside than listening to trade radio?
Sheeeeeens panel service bow bow bow bow

I always fall for it and promise myself next year I will just wait for the stage managed last 2 hours but then someone mentions 'Hawks' and 'mega trade' and I am hooked again......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a very very slim chance DGB is retained, but the fact that 2 of our youngsters are being linked to a move to WA means that the stories of the club wanting to extend him and work on his focus within games might have some merit if he can sneak into that last spot.

There’s a very very slim chance DGB is retained, but the fact that 2 of our youngsters are being linked to a move to WA means that the stories of the club wanting to extend him and work on his focus within games might have some merit if he can sneak into that last spot.
Who are the two youngsters being linked to WA?

Austin Powers Movie GIF

Hearing a rumour of a 12 way mega trade.

And that Richmond and West Coast are completely swapping lists except for Harley Reid and Tim Taranto (as soon as the Barrass deal is done)

I wouldn't give up 1 first round for lewis let alone 2 or any of our premiership players. You fellas are dreaming.

Yeah its nuts. Brisbane's 2nd would be all we would get.

Lewis simply cant be trusted to be fit. We are not building our team around him.

We would be mocking any other club making the same demands about one of their players in the same circumstance.

If he is unhappy let him go and take what we can get. And it clears up a huge amount of cash not being on the pitch each week.

Yeah its nuts. Brisbane's 2nd would be all we would get.

Lewis simply cant be trusted to be fit. We are not building our team around him.

We would be mocking any other club making the same demands about one of their players in the same circumstance.

If he is unhappy let him go and take what we can get. And it clears up a huge amount of cash not being on the pitch each week.
You're taking the piss right? You can't seriously think this?

You're taking the piss right? You can't seriously think this?

Yes. If someone at another club who had shown lots of promise but also showed over and over again that their body isnt made for AFL was touted as 2 x 1st or a 1st and young gun player they would be ridiculed.

Mitch Lewis is not the answer to anything Hawthorn. Ive said this for years and to this day it still holds true.

We need stability as we develop but not one person here can truthfully say you can build a team around him on the forward line 20+ games a year.

If he wants to go we take what we can get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back