Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think everyone is on the same page that his body has let him down a lot, and that it's hard to plan around him at the moment.

But he's a super-talented key position forward. If he were to stay on the park, he'd likely be in the top 10 for this position in the competition. Maybe even top 5 given our current form and ball movement.

The club have made it clear we are chasing other kpfs to potentially partner with Lewis, but they are so bloody rare to find, and cost an absolute bomb, particularly in this age profile. A good one can win you a flag (see Joe Danniher). It's a position the club are most concerned about moving forward.

Therefore, it would have to be an absolute eye-watering offer for us to even consider it. I highly doubt we get this from Brisbane, so what's the point? Unless we have another key forward lined up and need picks for a trade, it makes no sense.
There's just no point to trading a still promising, contracted player for next to nothing. Brisbane's second will likely be around 40 when all is said and done, if they get Lewis fit there's a good chance he could be the difference for them and there's also a good chance he would be the difference for us if he had stayed.

There's no situation in which we win by trading him for a later pick, the only outcome is that we at the very least break even or lose outright.

How would the pre production planning be for trade radio with Hutch?

Righto team, we have 3 weeks to fill and each hour will be made up of 40 minutes of ads to pay for your wages….. coons puts his hand up, “hutchy can I please come up with a mega trade each day and that will pretty much cover my shift”

“Great thinking Coons, anyone else got an idea or two to fill in the dead time”

Barrett “I will talk about how North made an error 8 years ago tipping out Boomer Harvey and Drew Petrie and analyse how that is affecting our list today”.

Jenkins “I love chatting tall forwards because I was one so I will hypothesise for a few days about who will replace big Joey Daniher”

Cornes “Is it ok if I just do my usual Steve Price impersonation and bag clubs that are down the bottom and I will add a worst contract list to really get the phone lines buzzing”

Hutchy, “love these ideas lads, keep them coming”

I mean, my favourite Trade Radio segment, was the first one from years ago when Hutchy went accidentally live from his boat on a phone call to Barrett and they were talking absolute guff about drumming up hype and numbers.

Was great content. More of that please.

Wondering if because of our good relationship with West Coast, Barrass deal is done but will wait till late in the proceedings to ensure best deal for both clubs is secured, you never know what might get tossed up! A flurry of late activity might throw something into play?

If a fair trade was put forward I'd definitely take it.
I suppose it's the difference between 'a fair trade' and 'take whatever we can get' that is the sticking point between reasonable and unreasonable

I suppose it's the difference between 'a fair trade' and 'take whatever we can get' that is the sticking point between reasonable and unreasonable

100% this. I think a lot are happy to be pragmatic and not want Lewis to go but try and see the benefits if he were and we got a good return. I think the majority though just weren't sharing the 'let's settle for some dregs and ship the bloke off' argument that got proposed today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone is on the same page that his body has let him down a lot, and that it's hard to plan around him at the moment.

But he's a super-talented key position forward. If he were to stay on the park, he'd likely be in the top 10 for this position in the competition. Maybe even top 5 given our current form and ball movement.

The club have made it clear we are chasing other kpfs to potentially partner with Lewis, but they are so bloody rare to find, and cost an absolute bomb, particularly in this age profile. A good one can win you a flag (see Joe Danniher). It's a position the club are most concerned about moving forward.

Therefore, it would have to be an absolute eye-watering offer for us to even consider it. I highly doubt we get this from Brisbane, so what's the point? Unless we have another key forward lined up and need picks for a trade, it makes no sense.

There is a bit too much sense in the Lewis trade for it to be put in the categorically not happening category…
Daniher retires.
Brissy clearly making enquires about available KPFs
They are open to moving their first rounder with Ashcroft coming in
It was said he was looking disconnected after our last final
A Mate who attended the B&F said he wasn’t looking at all part of the group..
If he wants to leave Brissy would seem a good fit and Hawks are renowned for allowing a player to move if it’s what they want…
Hopefully he stays as we don’t have another player on our list that is capable of playing his role but if the player wants out you have to listen to what’s coming back…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Matthew Broderick GIF

Careful with that acronym.

I think we need an A grade key forward slightly more than an A grade key back. So whatever we are going to give for Barrass I would want to get back for Lewis with a little extra. Not that I think Lewis is going anywhere, I think Brisbane should go all in on Lynch.

Lewis is obviously younger, but is far less durable. He isn't A grade yet but has had the potential to be for years. I don't think he's in the untradeable camp but he's also not a take what you can get player either.

How would the pre production planning be for trade radio with Hutch?

Righto team, we have 3 weeks to fill and each hour will be made up of 40 minutes of ads to pay for your wages….. coons puts his hand up, “hutchy can I please come up with a mega trade each day and that will pretty much cover my shift”

“Great thinking Coons, anyone else got an idea or two to fill in the dead time”

Barrett “I will talk about how North made an error 8 years ago tipping out Boomer Harvey and Drew Petrie and analyse how that is affecting our list today”.

Jenkins “I love chatting tall forwards because I was one so I will hypothesise for a few days about who will replace big Joey Daniher”

Cornes “Is it ok if I just do my usual Steve Price impersonation and bag clubs that are down the bottom and I will add a worst contract list to really get the phone lines buzzing”

Hutchy, “love these ideas lads, keep them coming”
Almost bang on, just slightly too coherent with Jenkins.

There's just no point to trading a still promising, contracted player for next to nothing. Brisbane's second will likely be around 40 when all is said and done, if they get Lewis fit there's a good chance he could be the difference for them and there's also a good chance he would be the difference for us if he had stayed.

There's no situation in which we win by trading him for a later pick, the only outcome is that we at the very least break even or lose outright.
The more likely outcome would be a trade for Brisbane's F1 which we can then use in next years trade period.

...and Lewis is unable to put together more than a handful of games for Brisbane, they crash out of the 8 and we hold a top 10 pick as a result.

Last edited:
Even if Lewis goes or stays next year it could be the first time we actually play Sicily forward?

I know this has been done to death but Barass and Battle can easily fill Sicily's role and if he did it for a full year i think it takes the pressure off Chol especially

If it was ever going to happen this is the year to do it given the cover we have. He always looks dangerous as a forward but never gets a long crack at it

I just cant see us loading in the back line this tall

Sicily Barass Frost
Impey Battle Scrim

If this is the plan then I wouldn't be surprised if we pull the trigger if the deal is fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back