Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon that's close to the mark.
It's just part of the strategy to get Barrass and not to overpay for him (and the pick swap with Carlton has probably been done wth WC's input).
There's no way we've given up on Barrass.
Feels like a three way trade.

Haw in: Barass
Haw out: pick 14

Eagles in: Carlton/Hawks F1 and F2
Eagles out: Barrass

Carlton in: pick 14
Carlton out: F1 and F2

We get Barrass for just one first rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come one mate, still with the 2 F1's line even after you have seen MM stand firm on 14 being the right price for Barass and willing to come down to F2 and F3 swap.

Not directed at you per se Bugs1977 but at all those wanna be list managers who wanted to give 2 first rounders to get Barass, pls note. The job is easy if you are going to overpay.

The quality ones try to do deals that benefit the club and that means betting head around complex stuff, playing poker., having plan B/C/D in play.
As I said I was just spit balling but another way to look at what I proposed is that we'd be getting Barrass, pick 26 + pick 51 for what was pick 14 + our F1.

We'd be moving from next years 1st round into this years 2nd round + 3rd round.

Hawks give – pick 14 + F1
Hawks get – Barrass, pick 26 + pick 51 (via Richmond)*

WC give – Barrass, pick 26 + pick 51 (via Richmond)*
WC get – F1 (via Hawthorn) + F1 (via Carlton)

Carlton give – F1, F2
Carlton get – pick 14

Crazy to think that WC (and their supporters) think Barras is worth 2 x 1st round picks.

It would be the first time ever that a 29 year old would be traded for 2 x 1st round picks. And we are not even talking about one of the best players in the league.

We can offer a F1 and an F2, and if they don't accept. Walk away from the deal.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love the narrative that Sleepy has just gone "I'm bored, let's **** some shit up" and done a random trade to mess with everyone. Reality is there would be some type of plan even if the Eagles aren't privy to it.

I'd be surprised if Barrass is still at the Eagles at the end of trade period. It would be a disaster for them and while we take a minor hit for not fulfilling our commitment to Barrass, it's clear we have tried to deal in good faith.

Still think Barrass gets done.

Would be very poor from us convincing him to come to us. Only for us to not make the trade. He had a goodbye speech at the BnF...
I don’ get the ‘very poor by us’ narrative. We have a value that we offer and a limit, if the other team try to push it and we don’t fold then that’s unfortunate, not poor. We pay a fair and often overs price for players, we do what we can but something has to give sometimes. We have a whole club to look after and sometimes things don’t work out.

I’m saying that, I still think we end up with Barrass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back