Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if they package 18,20, 23,24 to try and obtain some F1's.

Will be an interesting watch regardless.
Wouldn't surprise me to see us trade out our remaining F1 at 18-25 to jump on someone we like on draft night. Nab a Whitlock, Faull, Shanahan, Lindsay, Gross, Moraes. Heaps to like in that range.

What’s astonishing is some of the 150+ point thrashings Richmond are going to cop next year.
They are going to be worse than North/WCE in recent years IMO. Their players over 25 next year are:

32 - Prestia (no hammies)
32 - Lynch (cooked and a flog)
32 - Broad
32 - McIntosh
32 - Vlaustin
31 - Nankervis
30 - Short
28 - Hopper
27 - Taranto
25 - Balta

They will be even worse in 2026, even though they have talented young kids. The genuine concern is their development when in two years most of the good senior players are gone.

They are going to be worse than North/WCE in recent years IMO. Their players over 25 next year are:

32 - Broad
32 - McIntosh
32 - Vlaustin
31 - Nankervis
30 - Short
28 - Hopper
27 - Taranto
25 - Balta

They will be even worse in 2026, even though they have talented young kids. The genuine concern is their development when in two years most of the good senior players are gone.

Yup - add to that a coach in Yze who I hardly think moves the needle and doesn't strike me as a developmental coach. They need a senior assistant/coaching director in there pronto.

Granted it's about the right time to bottom out with Tassie coming in - but if they don't absolutely get it right on multiple levels and the kids don't come on they could be in for a world of hurt long term.

32 - Broad
32 - McIntosh
32 - Vlaustin
31 - Nankervis
30 - Short
28 - Hopper
27 - Taranto
25 - Balta

The flog to decent bloke ratio in that list is very high.

The kids aren't exactly going to have great role models to learn from (they will learn how to execute some dirty, sniping hits behind play though).

I think Gigamark's personal theme music for the trade period is this:

I love the melodramatic focus from West Coast about us dealing in bad faith and then you've got Andrew Mackie who is scheming to walk a player through the draft and coax a bloke who is contracted for 7 years on a REDUCED deal.

Yup - add to that a coach in Yze who I hardly think moves the needle and doesn't strike me as a developmental coach. They need a senior assistant/coaching director in there pronto.

Granted it's about the right time to bottom out with Tassie coming in - but if they don't absolutely get it right on multiple levels and the kids don't come on they could be in for a world of hurt long term.
They are 18th and were going nowhere with what they had after Hardwick screwed them and left. That's a super draft hand. Yes, they might miss with some picks but in a good draft that's as good a rebuilding springboard as you can get, noting they will certainly finish bottom 4 again and get another high pick next year, at the very least. They got overs for all three departing players.

They are 18th and were going nowhere with what they had after Hardwick screwed them and left. That's a super draft hand. Yes, they might miss with some picks but in a good draft that's as good a rebuilding springboard as you can get, noting they will certainly finish bottom 4 again and get another high pick next year, at the very least. They got overs for all three departing players.

Definitely not mocking their strategy or draft hand at all - it needs to happen and they did well with the assets they had. Just the gutting was brutal and some of the losses they cop next year are going to be massive. They need a couple of mature bodies in there via DFA or state leagues to ensure that crop of kids they draft don't get absolutely destroyed during their developmental years. It could be a hugely successful move - but it could also be like the Demons under Neeld.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Richmond will offload one or more of those picks into the 2025 draft. Too many kids will kill them for years. Look at how long it took gws to make good on all their early picks.

I suspect there will be pick trading during the draft period. That could be us if the barrass deal falls over.

Either way, exciting for hawks.

Definitely not mocking their strategy or draft hand at all - it needs to happen and they did well with the assets they had. Just the gutting was brutal and some of the losses they cop next year are going to be massive. They need a couple of mature bodies in there via DFA or state leagues to ensure that crop of kids they draft don't get absolutely destroyed during their developmental years. It could be a hugely successful move - but it could also be like the Demons under Neeld.
Hopper and Taranto would have a life-size cut out of Damien Hardwick that they take to the local rifle range, me thinks.

And, as already mentioned, it will be hilarious if we somehow get our pick 14 back for less than a f1 + f2.

Id do it just for the shits and giggles

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tom Barrass is seriously good and when he's saving our arse next year, I reckon it will be hard to find anyone owning up to having said something like 'walk away and keep the 2x 2025 first round picks'.

TB is great when he actually plays, no more then 19 games a year and what happens if he breaks down at the pointy end of the year? This is roughly a 20% chance given his previous history over the last 4-5 years (18, 16, 19, 14 and 18 over this stretch)

I would be all in getting him if we didnt get Battle and we still have Frosty and Blanck to return from our semi final team. He isn't as required as we all seem to think he is

The other part to this is Tassie coming into the comp and the upcoming compromised drafts. We cant look to not bring in some young talent during these years and then get screwed during these compromised drafts also

Hypothetically if Harley were to request a trade to Hawthorn whether it be next year or year after, I can’t fathom the asking price.

If the Eagles are all high and mighty on a bloke that’s 29, allegedly has a crook back and they’ve once reneged on a hand shake agreement to pay him more, what will they be like with the hottest property to move clubs since Judd?

Will be a boatload of picks and a good player at minimum.
Eagles have been well run for years due to firstly Brian Cook (can't fault him at all) and then Trevor Nisbett (spent 10 years under Cook). However, they have chosen Don Pyke as their CEO with no experience in football administration. Not sure what West Coast were thinking as he already looks out of his depth.

32 - Broad
32 - McIntosh
32 - Vlaustin
31 - Nankervis
30 - Short
28 - Hopper
27 - Taranto
25 - Balta

Reeks of Norf....

32 - Broad
32 - McIntosh
32 - Vlaustin
31 - Nankervis
30 - Short
28 - Hopper
27 - Taranto
25 - Balta

That list is underwhelming, but all those will also be able to teach the next generation. Would rather that than north who got rid of everyone so had noone to lead on field

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back