Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You wouldn't think so but the story goes that he was the only out of contract small fwd on their list and all of Durdin, Fogarty, Motlop and Fantasia were still contracted so Owies was the odd man out who had t go.

Madness when none of the others have shown any level of consistency for goals unlike Owies over the past couple of years.

Also apparently their cap is very tight, hence the rumour that Kemp could have been let go if a suitable trade compensation was offered.

The likes of Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Curnow and Mckay are on a handsome sum.
wasnt the reporting that Owies' management was asking for something absurd like 800k, hence the delisting risk?

EDIT: looks like it was fabricated

Time to sign up our own F/A in 2025 and go hard for another F/A.

We must sign up Worpel and take a look at Oscar Allen Cam Rayner and Tom De Koning as F/A.

From the delisted F/A this year I like the look of Curtis Taylor 188cm 24 years old 76 games 33 goals, 76 disposal efficiency, 100 scoring accuracy.

Would be nice if he could increase his goals!
Depends on if our target is Harley or not and if that target is not pie in sky. If Harley indeed has privately expressed interest, then we need to build up a decent arsenal. Whatever arsenal we build, the whole of it will be asked for by Eagles anyway. Moving on any bits during trade period will be seen as a slight and we will have help them "save face" again.

Blues F1 should be retained and will support trading that prior to draft only for a top 15 pick. Any other pick would need something in 20's or 30's coming back. Not sure if Swans will bite at F1+33+F4(both) for 19+22+44+F3. We can also swap F1's with a likely Top 8 team for one of their 2nd rounders( Lions?? )

Keeping that in mind, I assume Worpel signing up decision will be left late( a la Darcy Parish style). Expect any compo for him to be btw pick 15 to pick 19( Band 1 or Band2). So if we see great improvement from our next rung to X factor levels, expect Worps to be asked to explore FA which means we won't chase any FA unless a real quality one is available. If Harley is a no go and we are chasing the likes of LDU, then worps has to be signed.

Another request to Mods to make a post Lore spreadsheet and pin to top of this thread like the Eagles have done on their board. I am assuming this thread rolls into draft discussing as well or are we have a separate one like done for 2023

wasnt the reporting that Owies' management was asking for something absurd like 800k, hence the delisting risk?

EDIT: looks like it was fabricated

I think that was a narrative the media was initially going with to "spice things up", don't think the Owies camp was ever putting that forward.

You wouldn't think so but the story goes that he was the only out of contract small fwd on their list and all of Durdin, Fogarty, Motlop and Fantasia were still contracted so Owies was the odd man out who had t go.

Madness when none of the others have shown any level of consistency for goals unlike Owies over the past couple of years.

Also apparently their cap is very tight, hence the rumour that Kemp could have been let go if a suitable trade compensation was offered.

The likes of Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Curnow and Mckay are on a handsome sum.

I watched a few Carlton games live and on Tv because my little fella barracks for them 🥲. I can’t for the life of me understand why they were going to delist Owies and keep Fantasia. Perplexing. Something not right in Blues land.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched a few Carlton games live and on Tv because my little fella barracks for them 🥲. I can’t for the life of me understand why they were going to delist Owies and keep Fantasia. Perplexing. Something not right in Blues land.

My young bloke hasn't fully embraced the concept yet, but the trick I've been using is that I literally haven't told him the name of another club.

He only knows the Hawthorn Hawks exist and they play footy against 'the other team'.

My young bloke hasn't fully embraced the concept yet, but the trick I've been using is that I literally haven't told him the name of another club.

He only knows the Hawthorn Hawks exist and they play footy against 'the other team'.

Problem is they go to school and that’s where the corruption begins.

Problem is they go to school and that’s where the corruption begins.

That'll be next year for me.

I've managed to avoid the in-laws Collingwood influence to this point at least too. Thankfully my son was only 3 when the Pies won the flag.
If he was 5 it may have been easier for people to sway him that way haha.

Depends on if our target is Harley or not and if that target is not pie in sky. If Harley indeed has privately expressed interest, then we need to build up a decent arsenal. Whatever arsenal we build, the whole of it will be asked for by Eagles anyway. Moving on any bits during trade period will be seen as a slight and we will have help them "save face" again.

Blues F1 should be retained and will support trading that prior to draft only for a top 15 pick. Any other pick would need something in 20's or 30's coming back. Not sure if Swans will bite at F1+33+F4(both) for 19+22+44+F3. We can also swap F1's with a likely Top 8 team for one of their 2nd rounders( Lions?? )

Keeping that in mind, I assume Worpel signing up decision will be left late( a la Darcy Parish style). Expect any compo for him to be btw pick 15 to pick 19( Band 1 or Band2). So if we see great improvement from our next rung to X factor levels, expect Worps to be asked to explore FA which means we won't chase any FA unless a real quality one is available. If Harley is a no go and we are chasing the likes of LDU, then worps has to be signed.

Another request to Mods to make a post Lore spreadsheet and pin to top of this thread like the Eagles have done on their board. I am assuming this thread rolls into draft discussing as well or are we have a separate one like done for 2023

If we land a free agent we will not get compensation for Worpel.

Additionally Oscar Allen would be a great pick up given our need for a key forward.

Eagles were asking for 2 first round picks for Barrass, I can only imagine they will be after 3or 4 first round picks for Reid, as a starting point.

That'll be next year for me.

I've managed to avoid the in-laws Collingwood influence to this point at least too. Thankfully my son was only 3 when the Pies won the flag.
If he was 5 it may have been easier for people to sway him that way haha.

I’ve only lost one from the flock. But if it was Geeeeelong or Essendoom. We’d be in therapy every Monday after school. That’s not on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mine says 'HAWTHORN!!!' no matter what team is playing - I'll stick with that for the time being. Thankfully there's strength in numbers for Hawks supporters at his daycare so hoping he doesn't stray in the mean time!

I have a mate whose kids not only weren't made Hawks fans, they weren't even made the wife's team's fans. The FIL swept in and stole all three as Collingwood supporters.

Sounds like the whole family needs to go into therapy and then a curfew imposed on extended family members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back