Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we talking as if the hip injury is not as bad as doing a hammy, I would’ve thought any issues with his hip again is a far bigger problem than a soft tissue strain.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why are we talking as if the hip injury is not as bad as doing a hammy, I would’ve thought any issues with his hip again is a far bigger problem than a soft tissue strain.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
100% it could well be, that doesn't change the fact that it's just super strange that a guy showing all the signs of a hammy is then going to miss 1-2 for a hip. Let's see if it ends up a 2-4 hammy.

Time to try Scully now, the season is done, lets see if Scully or one of the reserves player got anything to offer. Might be a blessing in disguise if Dixon play.

We have the people who told us Dixon losing 5 kilos is a game changer and now think Ratugolea going forward is going to be an inspired move in charge.

You're expecting common-sense?

We are still clinging to the belief it's just a little bit of bad luck that's keeping us out of the top four and that everyone else is mixing their form why the hell should we be any different?

We just have to sit here and watch this circus play out until the club grow a spine and move this coaching group on.

Time to try Scully now, the season is done, lets see if Scully or one of the reserves player got anything to offer. Might be a blessing in disguise if Dixon play.
Hinkley basically ruled him out a few weeks back in his pre game presser. Said he was nowhere near ready.

Ratugolea forward, or a Sweet/Visentini combo should be more likely.

Hinkley basically ruled him out a few weeks back in his pre game presser. Said he was nowhere near ready.

Nietzsche: God is dead
God: Nietzsche is dead

KANE FARRELL has been ruled out of this weekend’s Richmond clash with a hamstring concern.

Farrell reported tightness on Tuesday afternoon and scans later confirmed a low grade strain.

The defender will be assessed over the next few days to determine a timeline for recovery.

When not even Kane Farrell can last a season with Hinkley's game plan.

Also fitness department, what is your job exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KANE FARRELL has been ruled out of this weekend’s Richmond clash with a hamstring concern.

Farrell reported tightness on Tuesday afternoon and scans later confirmed a low grade strain.

The defender will be assessed over the next few days to determine a timeline for recovery.
That's ok, he can take a few weeks off to get himself set for our attack on the finals.

I've got an idea sack hinkley ffs and play the youth the year is done we're not good enough simple as that give carr 5 weeks to see what he's got and reasses at seasons end

We are too inconsistent and can't be relied on but win this week and we could potentialy be not only back in the eight but in the top 4 if other games go our way. It's too early to say it's over even though some of us want to be put out of our misery now.

Not looking good for Maggies v Souf with all these injuries.
May still be a candidate for the wooden spoon :sadv1: :(
We've gone from looking like we'd be fielding an extremely strong team, to just basically holding the line I think.

Marshall, Finlayson, Farrell, Jones all out.

Burton, Sinn, McKenzie, Georgiades all back.

Todd Marshall is out with the hip problem.

Sinn, McKenzie and Burton all back for the SANFL side. Weidemann recovers from rib injury. Murphy Short apparently injured.

Last edited:
Hinkley on selection, injuries and facing the Tigers

THE OUTS: Friendly fire has put key forward Todd Marshall back on the injury list with a hip injury - a different hip issue, however, to the injury that wrecked his finish to 2023 and ultimately required surgery.

"Todd (was) to try to do a little bit (at training) today and we will see where he is at from there," Hinkley said. "It is a different injury, so let's see how he recovers. His hip is in good shape. We did a surveillance scan of his hip last week and it is in really good shape. Long term, there is no issue. It is a new injury and one he should recover from reasonably quickly."

Betting he'll recover in 2-3 weeks, because it's actually a hammy, and we're playing stupid games, pointlessly over this injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back