Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully just a minor strain
He was smiling after the game after being pretty upset on the bench. I don't know if that means he got some good news from the medical team, or just enjoying the win. Scans will reveal all the next few days.

Compression bandage was all, I recon he just felt tightness.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Didn't look that way. Saw him ping it and then hobble to the bench.

It happened in front of me. He pinged his hammy and it’s going to be a 4-weeker no matter what the club says. Would be a great result if he’s back for a prelim.
If its that bad, how come he didn't ice it up like you see with most 3 or 4 week hammy injuries when players go to the bench??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was iced on the bench, then they take it off
Ok thanks. I didn't see him with ice on it. Saw him coming off and feeling it, another shot had him sitting down, back row of the interchange bench with his track suit top on and looking glum, and then after the game walking around and smiling and talking with teammates.

If that’s his first hammy or tightness, you’d initially be freaked out. I didn’t see him icing, but you’d think he’d ice regardless of the severity. I’m leaning towards tightness, cause I saw no limp. And believe me, if it’s bad, you’re limping big time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty sure he's done a hammy before.
Yep, this year at least. He missed the Richmond game with a strain and came back the next game against Carlton on the cement at Docklands.

He ruptured the ACL in his right knee in July 2021. Anyone know if its his right of left hammy?

After knee surgery the hamstring does take an extra load, supporting the knee, tendons and ligaments for 2 or 3 years.

Jul 17, 2024, 11:45am
KANE FARRELL has been ruled out of this weekend’s Richmond clash with a hamstring concern.

Farrell reported tightness on Tuesday afternoon and scans later confirmed a low grade strain. The defender will be assessed over the next few days to determine a timeline for recovery.

Yep, this year at least. He missed the Richmond game with a strain and came back the next game against Carlton on the cement at Docklands.

He ruptured the ACL in his right knee in July 2021. Anyone know if its his right of left hammy?

After knee surgery the hamstring does take an extra load, supporting the knee, tendons and ligaments for 2 or 3 years.

Jul 17, 2024, 11:45am
KANE FARRELL has been ruled out of this weekend’s Richmond clash with a hamstring concern.

Farrell reported tightness on Tuesday afternoon and scans later confirmed a low grade strain. The defender will be assessed over the next few days to determine a timeline for recovery.
Left I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back