List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were betting on them staying Weitering would be paying $1.01 to stay (as in 1% chance to leave)
T.D.K. would be $1.03 (as in 3% chance to leave).

They will be well looked after whilst they are playing, looked after even better when they finish. They will be playing in front of huge crowds in successful teams.

There are plenty of things to worry about these days. These two blokes leaving isn't one of them.
Weitering & TDK will be a priority and will stay, both will be well compensated.
Team success is still very important to most players & whilst $ are important there are various factors that are considered.

Pretty sure Weitering has already said he is absolutely keen to be at Carlton long term.
I’m very confident they will both stay but if they are getting offered $1.25mil then we will have to get to $1mil, no
Different to any other side.
We will pay that, other players will probably be lost if they show anything but atm I can’t see too many others on our list needing a pay rise so we should be able to keep who we want.

TDK could very well be the face of Carlton in a couple of years. He's blonde, he's big, he's handsome and he's an absolute beast. Will probably earn just as much in sponsorship deals playing for the biggest club in the land if we have some success than he would chasing the cash at a rabble like the Stains.

I think both players are good enough that the club would trade other players out like Kennedy, Hewett, Boyd etc before we let either go due to cap constraints.

Hutchison on Classified just said TDK should be Geelong’s priority.

Matthew Lloyd said “Why would you leave Carlton to go to Geelong?”.

I actually reckon we are a better chance to get SDK - his brother , Mum and Dad all seem very comfortable at the Mighty Blues !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually reckon we are a better chance to get SDK - his brother , Mum and Dad all seem very comfortable at the Mighty Blues !!

Yeah I see it this way as well.

Loved Caro chiming in with "Geelong's a destination club" and Lloyd, Cornes and Hutchy all shouted that Carlton's a bigger destination at the moment!

I’m very confident they will both stay but if they are getting offered $1.25mil then we will have to get to $1mil, no
We will pay that, other players will probably be lost if they show anything but atm I can’t see too many others on our list needing a pay rise so we should be able to keep who we want.
E Hollands is in line for a decent pay rise as well...absolute class. Though still a small sample size so don't think we'll go too crazy and keep it to 2-3 years.

Players come and go…

It’s the culture that Sayers, Cook and Voss have built for the whole club that will carry us to prolonged success…
Players have fully bought in, it’s been a complete buy in from everyone, there’s a feel and vibe about our club and the manner in the way we are playing, you can notice we are starting to show signs of having that natural sinc as a team, that hasn’t been there in such a long time…

There’s still improvement to come which is an exciting thing for us going forward, i feel when we keep improving and put it all together on a more consistent basis, i can imagine we’re going to be a very tough, well drilled and exciting team to watch…

Lucky the cap goes up by about $2M the next 4 years.

A bit depends on whether existing contracts are structured too though.
It'll be interesting to see what transpires.
From what I heard in the media the last few weeks theres certain players who have it written in their contracts to adjust their pay based on the cap increases and others were not given such a luxury. I'd assume the stars would be given that protection given they're the ones signing long term contracts but many role players will be stuck on the same wages on shorter term contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is brutal but i'd be talking to Docherty about taking up a role inside the club and freeing up his salary.

If it was for salary increases then no. If it was for another premier player piece yes. But i guess i don't have a name in mind so carry on.

It was interesting that as an add on to that was Tom Morris (yes I know) reporting that Geelong are very interested in Rowan Marshall and that Marshall is not settled at stkilda and might be interested in looking around .

This is brutal but i'd be talking to Docherty about taking up a role inside the club and freeing up his salary.

If it was for salary increases then no. If it was for another premier player piece yes. But i guess i don't have a name in mind so carry on.
That's the sort of thing that clubs without culture do. If Doc wants to have another crack at it we do whatever we can to try and make it happen no matter what .

Imagine the horror of our playing list if we were to pension off one of our bravest ever just to save a few $.

Apart from the many obvious reasons for staying, the Carlton network is pretty large and continues to grow. I'm sure any pay cut our boys take will be repaid in future with a cruisey job on decent coin once they eventually decide to retire.
Multiple concurrent employment and investment opportunities post career more than make up for a few hundred thousand a year for 3 or four years.

Get it done

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

TDK looks pretty chummy with the geelong boys and the geelong boys were very careful to treat him well on the field. The cats will throw everything at him.

His choice is to be close to a beach or as he stated ...

"I get to put on a Carlton jumper with my mates and run out in front of an incredible fan base every single week."

I reckon he stays.

Fantasia gives us something - not quite sure what it is, but the further he is from goal, the better he looks. He is part of our improved ball movement and transition.

I don't want to mess with it. Same starting 22, Cerra in the vest, Durdin plays VFL (i.e. not an emergency).

TDK looks pretty chummy with the geelong boys and the geelong boys were very careful to treat him well on the field. The cats will throw everything at him.

"I get to put on a Carlton jumper with my mates and run out in front of an incredible fan base every single week."

I reckon he stays.

Agreed. IMO the Cats should be more concerned about SDK coming over and be part of the Great Storm that’s brewing

I reckon he stays.

He’s 24. The live at the beach thing is overblown and he can wait 10 years while he cements himself as a Carlton legend.

He can then ‘buy the beach’ !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite what the media will be saying, both Weitering and TDK won’t be getting 1 million plus each year as part of their next contract with Carlton. And both will stay. We have nothing to worry about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back