List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Guv the elder is very gettable...
I am slowly coming around to the idea.

Him travelling 5-6 times a years instead of 11 would be certainly help him.

Our catering bill might go up a bit, the old man likes getting stuck in to cans and hospitality at games and if we aren't sharing him with West Coast the bill might sky rocket but I am sure we can afford it.

From what I hear, J McGovern doesn't just come over as a very good player. He has leadership skills and very good footy IQ. I'd be offering him the opportunity to play with us and go straight into coaching here when he is done. Guys at his age, job security is really important. Include a future contract as backline coach 2027-2030. Happy to have him as backline coach for as long as he likes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we really believing that second round draft pick for a bloke that will possibly be All Australian this year is do-able? Not a chance in hell the eagles let him go, let alone for that little
He'll be 33 at the start of next season and has had a lot of injuries. At best you might get 1 - 2 good seasons out of him. Personally I would have thought that a 2nd would be too much to pay personally., particularly when we may need all of our picks for the Campos.

I wonder whether Jack Carroll might come into the equation if we wanted to go down that path.

Imagine that. Can only hope his younger brother is just as good.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Too early to be definitive, but “kicking goals” at the younger levels so to speak is young Arli. If I was a betting man, and I have been known to have a dabble, I would be backing him in to be in the discussion. There are a couple of sisters too, I have no idea if they have any interest in the game.

Laughable people think Austin is a good list manager. Where is the evidence?
l think there will be more list changes than what many are advocating for the upcoming draft period, need to keep bringing in quality young talent, l believe we need to be aggressive & find some more early picks this year.
We are in a group of many teams with little between 2nd-10th, if we do little we will go backwards.

Laughable people think Austin is a good list manager. 5 years in where is the evidence?

The best 3 year stretch we have had this millenium?

Took over in 2020 and subsequently brought in Saad (All Australian), Fogarty (whatever he is, he seems to be best 22) plus Carroll and Durdin

2021 added Hewett and Cerra, plus Motlop

2022 added Acres, Hollands, Cowan (all best 22) plus Binns and Lemmey (jury out) then Cincotta and O'Keefe (pretty good rookies)

2023 = E Hollands plus draftees yet to play

Seems to have done a decent job of rounding out the list around the core group. Inherited a big bunch of then underperforming high draft picks and seems to have kept the best of them (Kennedy, De Koning) and moved on the others (SPS, Fisher, Dow, Stocker) without really making a mistake. Probably the only criticism givem where he started was carrying too many perennially injured guys ino

My only issue with Austin is the continual investment into slow players over the last couple of years. Elijah is a fantastic pick up but one paced, Ollie is in a bad form slump this year but same thing for pace. Motlop is a natural small forward but lacks speed off the mark, Moir slow off the mark too.

I've really liked some of his pick ups, I just think we've gone a bit too far for balance in terms of speed around the ground. Something we really should be able to address in an off season if we play our cards right... Just need to have identified it as an issue like he did with the wings in 2022.

Might still win the flag this year anyway as our best is great, but the speed is definitely an issue for us.

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back