List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of our list management discussions focus on our lack of KPD cover and our underwhelming small forwards, our lack of midfield depth flys under the radar.

We are very thin, with our only cover being underwhelming most games heā€™s played.

Itā€™s hard to criticise Austin for players wanting out for more opportunities but heā€™s responsible for not covering them.

We are very lucky we have two midfield players available as father sons this year.

We traded Dow and Fish at the end of last year and due to injuries both would probably have played most games, they leave and out depth is thin and our VFL team is last.

We canā€™t keep trading 20-25 quality players who play, whilst keeping players who canā€™t.

We need to plan for the future and also get in a mature KPD. We are in the window. Even with Campo kids we will have a first round pick and future picks could be on the table

I'd be chasing Barrass or McGovern. Not sure of anyone else that may be available?
Cant believe Iā€™m saying this, but, is Rory Lobb a possibility. Has performed well now in about 5 games as kpd with minimal training in the role. Would allow Wietering to play on the more traditional sized kpfā€™s and would also allow us to play TDK as a lone ruck with him and McKay chopping out in the ruck.
Is 31 though so only a couple of years left, but that might be all we need. Wouldnā€™t cost much. Is a massive flog however, so thereā€™s that.

Agree with all of this, I wonder whether there are any good prospects in this year's draft. Getting an experienced player appears to be problematic.

Draft wise, a few KPDs around our 1st round pick

I still believe we need to offload at least 2 of Marchbank, Durdin, Young and acquire a ready made option from another club, but that's easy to say without considering all factors

Cant believe Iā€™m saying this, but, is Rory Lobb a possibility. Has performed well now in about 5 games as kpd with minimal training in the role. Would allow Wietering to play on the more traditional sized kpfā€™s and would also allow us to play TDK as a lone ruck with him and McKay chopping out in the ruck.
Is 31 though so only a couple of years left, but that might be all we need. Wouldnā€™t cost much. Is a massive flog however, so thereā€™s that.

Probably not Lobbe but there might be another tall out there that we believe could be become a defender like he has? Need to look at all options

A lot of our list management discussions focus on our lack of KPD cover and our underwhelming small forwards, our lack of midfield depth flys under the radar.

We are very thin, with our only cover being underwhelming most games heā€™s played.

Itā€™s hard to criticise Austin for players wanting out for more opportunities but heā€™s responsible for not covering them.

We are very lucky we have two midfield players available as father sons this year.

We traded Dow and Fish at the end of last year and due to injuries both would probably have played most games, they leave and out depth is thin and our VFL team is last.

We canā€™t keep trading 20-25 quality players who play, whilst keeping players who canā€™t.
Get your point, but our midfield depth for 2025 will be quite adequate.

Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett, Docherty
With Elijah and Cincotta genuine ā€œdevelopingā€ mids. Fogarty is a mid first, just undersized and a little pedestrian to be a full timer at the top level.
Ollie will eventually be a decent engine room player IF we allow his body to develop rather than running every gram of fat off him.
Carroll is developing and will ultimately capable of holding down a best 22 spot, IF he survives the log jam list spot squeeze at yearā€™s end.
Lord is showing excellent signs in his reserves games and will become an option, primarily as a defensive worker capable of clearance AND spread.
Wilson may be better served off half back, but is absolutely a midfield option.
Cuningham certainly a decent option if he survives the cut. Acres can play inside. Williams certainly capable of at least cameos, as is Corey Durdin. Brodie Kemo has the skill set to get opportunity inside or on a wing. Cowan has traits which could easily transfer him to a midfield option (Greg Williams suggested he could only have #2 if he could play mid. Then there is Jack ā€œof all tradesā€ Silvagni (who can forget the Fyfe tag?)
We will be adding the Camporeale boys to develop in that mix, Matt Duffy was suggested as a midfield ā€œbullā€ prospect and will be added. (I am more hoping Duffy could be tall defender)

Get your point, but our midfield depth for 2025 will be quite adequate.

Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy, Hewett, Docherty
With Elijah and Cincotta genuine ā€œdevelopingā€ mids. Fogarty is a mid first, just undersized and a little pedestrian to be a full timer at the top level.
Ollie will eventually be a decent engine room player IF we allow his body to develop rather than running every gram of fat off him.
Carroll is developing and will ultimately capable of holding down a best 22 spot, IF he survives the log jam list spot squeeze at yearā€™s end.
Lord is showing excellent signs in his reserves games and will become an option, primarily as a defensive worker capable of clearance AND spread.
Wilson may be better served off half back, but is absolutely a midfield option.
Cuningham certainly a decent option if he survives the cut. Acres can play inside. Williams certainly capable of at least cameos, as is Corey Durdin. Brodie Kemo has the skill set to get opportunity inside or on a wing. Cowan has traits which could easily transfer him to a midfield option (Greg Williams suggested he could only have #2 if he could play mid. Then there is Jack ā€œof all tradesā€ Silvagni (who can forget the Fyfe tag?)
We will be adding the Camporeale boys to develop in that mix, Matt Duffy was suggested as a midfield ā€œbullā€ prospect and will be added. (I am more hoping Duffy could be tall defender)

In game we have options to rotate players to get us out of trouble, most of the players mentioned are already in the side, so Iā€™m mainly talking about the players who miss out and are playing 2s.

Adding Lord was good and we will add the Campos which will force us to address the issue, which will help next year but once again the players in the 2s wonā€™t be ready made senior players.

Two years ago we had Curnow, Setterfield and Dow playing 2s, last year it was Dow and Fisher.

Iā€™m not sure if we are spreading the list too thin with development players, I just donā€™t see any quality thatā€™s ready to slot in, I think Carrol will leave which will hurt again.

A senior midfield player from another club who wants to transition to coaching would be a good fit

If battle leaves St Kilda is expect them to look for a kemp type -- if he wants out what is he worth--- would it enable us to find us a true KPD- like a Brennan cox

Battle and Kemp are different types, despite his height & our attempts to convert him into one, he isn't really a tall stylistically IMO.
I could see SOS being interested though as a depreciated former early pick though I suspect his value to us would be greater than his value at the trade table.

I wish, but no, another Charlie type.
Hybrid 2nd/3rd key forward.
The idea is so we can play 1 ruck, harry as back up and still have some targets up forward without becoming to slow.
Wonder if Membrey would fill that void. Good chance he wont be at the Saints but he is a hard working Fwd that can play Key Fwd if required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to do something with the Kennedy, Hewett, Cerra conundrum. Playing them anywhere but on ball is a disaster waiting to happen. Money would be spent better if we had someone that added a bit more variety imo.
A power/burst mid is needed.

A wardlaw type would be good too

Thoughts on lord?

A power/burst mid is needed.

A wardlaw type would be good too
Cody Walker couldn't come quick enough. Would go hard at Draper if he slides to 8-9 like Twomey had him in the draft rankings earlier in the week.

Explosive speed, great foot skills but needs to work on his defensive game a bit. Would suit us very well.

Cody Walker couldn't come quick enough. Would go hard at Draper if he slides to 8-9 like Twomey had him in the draft rankings earlier in the week.

Explosive speed, great foot skills but needs to work on his defensive game a bit. Would suit us very well.
I havenā€™t been watching vfl but sounds like lord had a good gameā€¦did you see the game?

I havenā€™t been watching vfl but sounds like lord had a good gameā€¦did you see the game?
Yeah, not sure he'd provide much of a difference to our current midfield mix right now. Might add an extra step to his acceleration with a big pre season but for now he's not dramatically different to Kennedy or Hewett in terms of speed/spread etc.

Has a fantastic attack on the ball though. Looks to be a real player this early on.

The devil is in the details, folks. We just need to keep adding more quality and perhaps at a slightly greater rate than anticipated, even if it means risking a 'bust' or two. Too many 'good/ordinary' types trying to do the work of better players.

The devil is in the details, folks. We just need to keep adding more quality and perhaps at a slightly greater rate than anticipated, even if it means risking a 'bust' or two. Too many 'good/ordinary' types trying to do the work of better players.
Need to add some variety to our list. Biggest issue is trying to cram in too many similar types without having enough variety when we're not completely healthy.

We need to do something with the Kennedy, Hewett, Cerra conundrum. Playing them anywhere but on ball is a disaster waiting to happen. Money would be spent better if we had someone that added a bit more variety imo.
Wonā€™t happen but Bailey Smith would add the speed from stoppages we need

If battle leaves St Kilda is expect them to look for a kemp type -- if he wants out what is he worth--- would it enable us to find us a true KPD- like a Brennan cox

I wonder how Kemp feels about his role in the team, was a regular last year and was dropped for the prelim, has played all season and was dropped again, i think heā€™s playing out of position, i worry he will ask for a trade.

Not too sure on value, but id still expect at least an early 2nd.

But I wouldnā€™t mind Austin being aggressive to target a better defender.

The situation will sort itself out if we had our first choice players, If Boyd or Gov were fit, i would have thought maybe one would have been the sub.

Wonder if Membrey would fill that void. Good chance he wont be at the Saints but he is a hard working Fwd that can play Key Fwd if required.

Next year we get back Jack and I believe Oā€™Keefe will step up. Lemmey is another option

Kemp should be an option

Not a position Iā€™m worried about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back