List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year we get back Jack and I believe Oā€™Keefe will step up. Lemmey is another option

Kemp should be an option

Not a position Iā€™m worried about

Agree. I can see Kemp reverting back to a lead up marking forward.

A capable tall, KPD is what we need. Elliot Himmelberg a relatively low cost option? 2 metres tall and seemingly now finding some continuity in his footy and body.

Next year we get back Jack and I believe Oā€™Keefe will step up. Lemmey is another option

Kemp should be an option

Perhaps being 'worried' or not is the wrong way to look at things.

I'm diametrically opposed to the idea that list management is about 'evening things out'. It's a dynamic entity, IMO. If we are talking the draft, I think we should draft another KPF type with superior credentials to our current second/third tall options, to give us a bit of an edge. I admit I'm biased towards taller players but a lot depends on each draft and our potential position in it.

given ben isnt ranked in the top 30 by a lot of people surely we try and trade our second rounder up so we can grab both a kpp and someone with speed

Iā€™d be making inquiries re: Phoenix Foster from Geelong.

I think with some further development heā€™d be an ideal swingman going forward.

you mean carrol and 59 for pick 71 yes but maybe 61 instead idk
I'm having a joke. But I think if Carroll wants to move, or if Carlton think he is surplus to future needs, then your original suggestion doesn't sound too far off the mark, although I'd prefer just a straight swap of 59 for Carroll. Again, welcome to our board, we have some good mods here...

I'm having a joke. But I think if Carroll wants to move, or if Carlton think he is surplus to future needs, then your original suggestion doesn't sound too far off the mark, although I'd prefer just a straight swap of 59 for Carroll. Again, welcome to our board, we have some good mods here...
thankyou id prefer pick 71 with it to get more picks as we need them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JSOS has bulked up significantly while he's been rehabbing the knee - if we don't have him training with the backline during the off-season I'll hurl.

Is he exactly what our backline needs? No - we'd love a 200cm bloke with sticky hands, an elite kick, incredible acceleration and the ability to read the play like Magnus bloody Carlsen.

But he's on the list already, he's as tall as many other "key-ish" defenders, he has excellent field kicking and game sense, and he gives 120% every game he plays. Plus he's spent enough time forward that he can be swung up there if we need to change things up or cover an injury in-game, and he's passable as a supporting ruck rotation.

If he was fit, I'd be playing him ahead of Kemp and Marchbank without question. I think that by next season his spot up forward will be almost impossible to reclaim, he's simply not dangerous enough as a third tall to draw a tall defender, and I think we're better off with a variety of smalls at the feet of Charles and Harry rather than playing an average third tall forward for the sake of some height.

Repurpose JSOS as a defender - start Weitering, Gov and JSOS down back, play Kemp off the bench as a utility at both ends, retain Young as our contracted depth option (coverage for Weitering missing, or two of the other three). Draft and develop a KPD with a late/rookie pick behind that lot.

Focus our early draft on speed and/or ball use at the coalface and ahead of the ball. Xavier Lindsay, Joe Berry, Tobie Travaglia, Taj Hotton, Cooper Hynes, Cristian Moraes - there are plenty of options.

JSOS, Weitering, Cowan
Saad, McGovern, Newman
Hollands*, Cripps, Acres
TDK, Walsh, Hewett
Hollands, McKay, Williams
Motlop, Curnow, Owies
I/C: Kemp, Cerra, Cincotta, Fogarty
SUB: any of Boyd, Kennedy, Carroll, Hollands*, Cottrell, Durdin, Fantasia, or the developing kids (Moir, Wilson, Binns etc.)
*Wait and see on Doc, but I'd consider him taking Hollands' wing on his return.

Been tossing around our position of late insofar as :
What we have
What we need
What we can do
These offerings are generally directed towards next season and beyond here in the list management thread.

Whatā€™s become clearly obvious is our need for a second quality KPD to work with Weitering.

Marchbank : OOC ā€¦ delisted
Durdin : OOC ā€¦ delisted
Young : Contracted ā€¦ backup/depth

The plan here is not a new one, itā€™s been discussed here from time to time and I have to admit that Iā€™ve personally dismissed it up until recently.

TDK redeployed in defence.

There was an old saying in war ā€¦ never have your generals in the front line when youā€™re going over the wall.
In footy these days, the ruck is the one remaining position where you can legally cut down a more talented/athletic opponent in the ā€œold fashionedā€ way.
Weā€™ve witnessed and will continue to see these tactics employed against TDK going forward.
Put bluntly ā€¦ IMO, TDK is now too valuable a commodity to play in the ruck.
We have Pittonet who loves the hustle and bustle of the ruck and he services our midfield well, let that be his focus as the new setup lessens the need of him around the ground.

TDK is supremely talented, athletic, mobile and brave, some here even suggest he wouldnā€™t be out of place playing on the ball.
My mindā€™s eye imagines a Harris Andrews type scenario for TDK stationed in defence alongside the general Weitering and McGovern as the third.
(Iā€™ve always liked the idea of Kemp as the third forward)

Boyd Weitering McGovern
Cowan TDK Saad

The way the draft is shaping for us re the Campo twins, there will reportedly be some nice KPP available to us at around our natural first selection to replace the outgoing players listed above.

With Pittonet tasked with leading the ruck and TDK redeployed in defence, it opens the door for the combative young HOK to be groomed as the heir apparent to Pittonet in time.
Mirkov can be retained as a rookie to share the load with HOK as he develops ā€¦

JSOS has bulked up significantly while he's been rehabbing the knee - if we don't have him training with the backline during the off-season I'll hurl.

Is he exactly what our backline needs? No - we'd love a 200cm bloke with sticky hands, an elite kick, incredible acceleration and the ability to read the play like Magnus bloody Carlsen.

But he's on the list already, he's as tall as many other "key-ish" defenders, he has excellent field kicking and game sense, and he gives 120% every game he plays. Plus he's spent enough time forward that he can be swung up there if we need to change things up or cover an injury in-game, and he's passable as a supporting ruck rotation.

If he was fit, I'd be playing him ahead of Kemp and Marchbank without question. I think that by next season his spot up forward will be almost impossible to reclaim, he's simply not dangerous enough as a third tall to draw a tall defender, and I think we're better off with a variety of smalls at the feet of Charles and Harry rather than playing an average third tall forward for the sake of some height.

Repurpose JSOS as a defender - start Weitering, Gov and JSOS down back, play Kemp off the bench as a utility at both ends, retain Young as our contracted depth option (coverage for Weitering missing, or two of the other three). Draft and develop a KPD with a late/rookie pick behind that lot.

Focus our early draft on speed and/or ball use at the coalface and ahead of the ball. Xavier Lindsay, Joe Berry, Tobie Travaglia, Taj Hotton, Cooper Hynes, Cristian Moraes - there are plenty of options.

JSOS, Weitering, Cowan
Saad, McGovern, Newman
Hollands*, Cripps, Acres
TDK, Walsh, Hewett
Hollands, McKay, Williams
Motlop, Curnow, Owies
I/C: Kemp, Cerra, Cincotta, Fogarty
SUB: any of Boyd, Kennedy, Carroll, Hollands*, Cottrell, Durdin, Fantasia, or the developing kids (Moir, Wilson, Binns etc.)
*Wait and see on Doc, but I'd consider him taking Hollands' wing on his return.
Jack Silvagni will be not in our best 23 he was on the way out in 2023. He is also coming off a big injury that make you slower example Kreuzer. I believe it may be his final season with us in 2025 especially if the younger players on 3rd year come on. I think you having too much dreams.

Jack Silvagni will be not in our best 23 he was on the way out in 2023. He is also coming off a big injury that make you slower example Kreuzer. I believe it may be his final season with us in 2025 especially if the younger players on 3rd year come on. I think you having too much dreams.
If rumors are true that we are targeting a third tall (like we were supposedly in for Hayward) it sort of suggests jsos future in that role at least could be in jeopardy. And Iā€™m not sure where else jack can play a role.

His last game he was BOG against the top of the ladder team as he took them apart.
You canā€™t tell me heā€™s not a better 3rd tall/back up ruck than Kennedy.

While it wouldnt surprise should he fall down the pecking order, he'll get games due to his ability to play a couple of roles.

Kemp should be an option

Not one I'm worried about either but someone posted that that is what the club is looking at instead of a KPD (God knows why, I think another KPD is almost non-neg IMO)

His last game he was BOG against the top of the ladder team as he took them apart.
You canā€™t tell me heā€™s not a better 3rd tall/back up ruck than Kennedy.
Jack will impress in 2025. People forget that he really wasnā€™t playing his usual role in 2023 and had to play everywhere and rucked more than he ever should have.

IMO a much better option than Martin and destroyed Port before getting injured the following week.

Beyond doubtful we try him in the backline as several have suggested. If heā€™s not kicking goals he is creating opportunities and doing the 1%ers for his teammates. For the structure of our club and what he brings week in week out, I think he is our most valuable out this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back