List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it wont happen now, but i dont see us losing much in trying TDK at CHB at least once or twice. Voss seems to like the idea of two rucks, so instead of having TDK getting in the way up forward when heā€™s not in the ruck, why not trial him down back?

Heā€™s a good mark, is fast, is very good when the ball hits the ground.
SDK - started as a KPD, now being tested as a ruck

TDK - started as a ruck, may be tested as a KPD?

Would have to trade for him. He would command multiple top 10 picks at a minimum
I think for a Butters level player ud just cop it on the chin and compromise future picks etc to get him.

Highly doubt it's even a chance but if it was you'd be pulling every lever you could to get him in. Would compliment the list ridiculously well.

I think for a Butters level player ud just cop it on the chin and compromise future picks etc to get him.

Highly doubt it's even a chance but if it was you'd be pulling every lever you could to get him in. Would compliment the list ridiculously well.

Sure, but one then has to get these picks, pick 16-18 two years in a row isnā€™t going to cut it, the cost would quickly get to the territory of not being worth it.

I dont see many options trade wise.

Is it time to do a Rory Lobb and have a look at Harry Lemmey as a KPD these last two months.

Heā€™s a nice presence up forward in our VFL team but primarily we should be developing him to be a senior footballer. Feels like itā€™s a slowish burn for Lemmey as a future Key forward and at the moment weā€™re kinda desperate for a capable tall defender arenā€™t we?

Cant hurt to try?

I would hate to do it, but Moir could sweeten the deal as well. They might hold some interest in Lemmey also.

Is it time to do a Rory Lobb and have a look at Harry Lemmey as a KPD these last two months.

Heā€™s a nice presence up forward in our VFL team but primarily we should be developing him to be a senior footballer. Feels like itā€™s a slowish burn for Lemmey as a future Key forward and at the moment weā€™re kinda desperate for a capable tall defender arenā€™t we?

Cant hurt to try?
It's been tried on a number of occassions at VFL level - probably as much to give him experience in multiple positions in his development, as well as giving us an idea where he's best suited.

What I've seen so far is that he's much more suited up forward than down back. Looks a natural forward - just needs to continue developing his game, put on a few more kilos, and add some real aggression.

All this Butters talk is people connecting the dots with him being told off on the bench by Hinkley and all the fines heā€™s copping.

Highly unlikely to leave especially knowing Hinkley will be gone soon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Butters loves Hinkley. Been reported in the media forever and a day that they have an extremely close bond as player and coach.

I really believe we need around 8-10 changes at years end

We need some KPP players and importantly some real leg speed and run. Butters would be perfect but it's NOT happening

We must be tough with our delistings. Too many injury prone and very average footballers on our list. We have the A grade talent but it needs support and depth

Won't be easy bit need to do it

Cant hurt to try?

Lemmey could play Forward or Back. Has the ability BUT does he have the desire and work ethic? It's a big IF

With O'Keefe developing I would definitely see him as defender but depends upon who we recruit. Big pre season for him

I really believe we need around 8-10 changes at years end

We need some KPP players and importantly some real leg speed and run. Butters would be perfect but it's NOT happening

We must be tough with our delistings. Too many injury prone and very average footballers on our list. We have the A grade talent but it needs support and depth

Won't be easy bit need to do it
Agree. Need to move a few players on for the sake of list balance even if some are more than AFL standard. Leg speed and KPP glaring holes right now.

Agree. Need to move a few players on for the sake of list balance even if some are more than AFL standard. Leg speed and KPP glaring holes right now.
So these are players unsigned beyond 2024 and I've added a couple of players that aren't holding their spots.
Owies & Martin the only players with any real currency, so not sure what that means for securing players from other clubs.
Drafting isn't going to change our fortunes next year, so Austin will need to pull out a couple of proverbial rabbits.

16 - Jack Carroll
21 - Jack Martin
22 - Caleb Marchbank
25 - Jaxon Binns *
28 - David Cuningham
32 - Matthew Carroll
38 - Sam Durdin
41 - Domanic Akuei
44 - Matthew Owies
45 - Alex Mirkov

14 - Orazio Fantasia *2025
33 - Lewis Young *2026

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So these are players unsigned beyond 2024 and I've added a couple of players that aren't holding their spots.
Owies & Martin the only players with any real currency, so not sure what that means for securing players from other clubs.
Drafting isn't going to change our fortunes next year, so Austin will need to pull out a couple of proverbial rabbits.

16 - Jack Carroll
21 - Jack Martin
22 - Caleb Marchbank
25 - Jaxon Binns
28 - David Cuningham
32 - Matthew Carroll
38 - Sam Durdin
41 - Domanic Akuei
44 - Matthew Owies
45 - Alex Mirkov

33 - Lewis Young *2026
I hope we consider moving on a Kennedy or Kemp fringe type if it gets us currency and cap space to replace them with a more suitable option. If there's no options available, then you obviously don't look at pushing them out the door and keep them as valuable depth. Unfortunately many of the players above have absolutely 0 currency as you point out, so it might take moving on a name we like to get things moving.

Right now we have many good players but imo many of them are not complimentary to one another. If some of our fringe players were different types I think a few of our issues would be solved and we'd be better off for it.

Compared to a team like Sydney who seem to mesh together perfectly with their balance between elite ball users on the outside and contested ball winners on the inside our list sticks out like a sore thumb when it comes to overall balance re outside run, speed, skills and contested ball winning.

I'd also like us to move Young on but with Marchbank and Durdin likely gone you can't give up that depth imo.

would any team even take on the lewis young contract. Pretty much would a team offer a 2 year deal if he was delisted?

I hope we consider moving on a Kennedy or Kemp fringe type if it gets us currency and cap space to replace them with a more suitable option. If there's no options available, then you obviously don't look at pushing them out the door and keep them as valuable depth. Unfortunately many of the players above have absolutely 0 currency as you point out, so it might take moving on a name we like to get things moving.

Right now we have many good players but imo many of them are not complimentary to one another. If some of our fringe players were different types I think a few of our issues would be solved and we'd be better off for it.

Compared to a team like Sydney who seem to mesh together perfectly with their balance between elite ball users on the outside and contested ball winners on the inside our list sticks out like a sore thumb when it comes to overall balance re outside run, speed, skills and contested ball winning.

I'd also like us to move Young on but with Marchbank and Durdin likely gone you can't give up that depth imo.
Sydney are and have been for a very long time, light years ahead of list management. it's one thing to say they have consessions and acadamies etc. but their continual bullseye on list balance (as you rightly pointed out) is beyond drafting 'Best Available'. They have an awesome record with recycled players also.

Cant agree on moving on Kennedy/Kemp because we've persevered with Bam Bam so long now, and he's become a very hardened and reliable player who's good backup for Cripps. Unsure why Kemp gets a bad rap, I think he does a pretty good job considering he's often asked to play as a KPP even though he's 3rd tall at most.

Our window is now and we need to get a KPD in to assist Weiters in ASAP. Even if only for 2 years, I would be considering trading Martin & Owies (I think Durdin & Motlop are enough for smalls) if we can get someone like J McGovern in. I'd also love to see us make heaven & earth move to get Mac Andrew, however unlikely.

I'd even consider trading Pitto if we can get enough currency and make Young the backup Ruck for the remainder of his contract.

16 - Jack Carroll
21 - Jack Martin
22 - Caleb Marchbank
25 - Jaxon Binns
28 - David Cuningham
32 - Matthew Carroll
38 - Sam Durdin
41 - Domanic Akuei
44 - Matthew Owies
45 - Alex Mirkov

33 - Lewis Young *2026
I suspect the following wont be at the club next year;

• Marchy
  • Matthew Carroll
  • Sam Durdin
  • Dom Akuei
  • Mirkov
And the remaining will be offered small contracts or will explore the market.

The only ones id really like to see kept are Martin, Owies & Binns. Jack Carroll has his best game for mine last game but unless he builds upon that i dont really rate him as a future player for the club.

I wouldnt mind us looking at Buku Khamis or Elliott Himmelberg if the price was right.

I hope we consider moving on a Kennedy or Kemp fringe type if it gets us currency and cap space
It would take a massive offer for me to give up on Kempy. I would almost put him in the untouchable category. He's a young key back learning his trade who has all the tools, but needs some serious guidance.

One that I would listen to offers on is C. Durdin. We all love him, but he hasn't shown enough in his opportunities and is injury prone. If the SA teams have a reasonable picks package that we could use for points this year I would seriously look at it.

Last edited:
I fail to believe there is not one single defender across all the state leagues that could provide a better option than Marchbank or Durdins, 3 games a year.

I would even prefer Haynes at age 32, from GWS, for 1 year as a back up. He is durable, relatively competent and has had his pay day.

I suspect the following wont be at the club next year;

• Marchy
  • Matthew Carroll
  • Sam Durdin
  • Dom Akuei
  • Mirkov
And the remaining will be offered small contracts or will explore the market.

The only ones id really like to see kept are Martin, Owies & Binns. Jack Carroll has his best game for mine last game but unless he builds upon that i dont really rate him as a future player for the club.

I wouldnt mind us looking at Buku Khamis or Elliott Himmelberg if the price was right.
In all seriousness, 10 of the 12 I listed should just go whether we get anything from them or not. We need to draft and develop some real talent. Our club has to be the worst in the league for hanging on to players who are either injury prone or not developing as expected.

I love Martin, and I seriously rate him as an absolute gun, but regardless what happens during Finals, we need to let him go.
His body is just too unreliable and now we have Elijah who is doing everything we wanted from Martin.

Owies is apparently getting big offers elsewhere so I say we get what we can from him, even though he's our best small forward. We can cover him. I think Jack Carroll has shown enough to say he'll be worth hanging on to and if the list is thinned I dare say extra game time will help him evolve his game.

Khamis I never really took any notice of until a couple of games ago when he played on Charlie.
I agree and think he's going to become a VG player.

It would take a massive offer for me to give up on Kempy. I would almost put him in the untouchable category. He's a young key back learning his trade who has all the tools, but needs some serious guidance.

One that I would listen to offers on is C. Durdin. We all love him, but he hasn't shown enough in his opportunities and is injury prone. If the SA teams have a reasonable picks package that we could use this year I would seriously look at it.
Injury prone and cannot get a game with us?

His currency is close to zero unfortunately. Dow went for a convoluted future 4th rounder and I doubt Corey would command more than that.

16 - Jack Carroll
21 - Jack Martin
22 - Caleb Marchbank
25 - Jaxon Binns
28 - David Cuningham
32 - Matthew Carroll
38 - Sam Durdin
41 - Domanic Akuei
44 - Matthew Owies
45 - Alex Mirkov

33 - Lewis Young *2026

Owies?????

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sydney are and have been for a very long time, light years ahead of list management. it's one thing to say they have consessions and acadamies etc. but their continual bullseye on list balance (as you rightly pointed out) is beyond drafting 'Best Available'. They have an awesome record with recycled players also.

Cant agree on moving on Kennedy/Kemp because we've persevered with Bam Bam so long now, and he's become a very hardened and reliable player who's good backup for Cripps. Unsure why Kemp gets a bad rap, I think he does a pretty good job considering he's often asked to play as a KPP even though he's 3rd tall at most.

Our window is now and we need to get a KPD in to assist Weiters in ASAP. Even if only for 2 years, I would be considering trading Martin & Owies (I think Durdin & Motlop are enough for smalls) if we can get someone like J McGovern in. I'd also love to see us make heaven & earth move to get Mac Andrew, however unlikely.

I'd even consider trading Pitto if we can get enough currency and make Young the backup Ruck for the remainder of his contract.
I like both Kemp and Kennedy. Kennedy would be close to my favorite player behind the superstars on our team.

But I still think their cap space could be better utilized if suitable replacements were available. Something like...

Kennedy out - Ed Richards in
Kemp out - Harry Edwards in

Id do it in a heartbeat.

I don't think either would be any chance of happening, I'm more just meaning to replace them with a quick, classy midfielder and a genuine KPD rather than having Kemp play as a sort of hybrid undersized 2nd KPD would be in our best interest imo.

We have square pegs we're trying to fit in round holes right now, as seen with Cerra and Kennedy playing down back on the weekend.

I'd like to see square pegs going into square holes if we could next year.

One that I would listen to offers on is C. Durdin. We all love him, but he hasn't shown enough in his opportunities and is injury prone. If the SA teams have a reasonable picks package that we could use for points this year I would seriously look at it.
I don't think he's a key back, we're just being forced to play him as one.

Ideally we don't have to move anyone on that we'd like to keep, I'd love to see a genuine 2nd KPD option brought in that allows Kempy to run free up the field somewhere.

But in trying to be realistic, Kemp and Kennedy are right on the border of best 22 and would both hold decent currency we could then use to fill some gaps in the list they unfortunately can't fill despite being very good players.

I'm very keen to see how Austin goes about it this off season, tough time to be a list manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back