List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to picture a side for next year
Lester Andrews Starce
Wilmott Payne Coleman
Fletcher Neale McCluggage
Lohmann Hipwood Rayner
Cameron Daniher Morris
McInerny Dunkly Berry
Ah Chee W Ashcroft L Ashcroft Zorko
McCarthy/Bailey

You would think just like will Levi walks straight into the team and 35, 11 clearances and a goal in his VFL debut shows that is probably going to be on merit and not just for development as a future star.
I'm not sure that Bailey has ever been dropped so the obvious answer is Ah Chee. If Zorko doesn't continue his form into next year then he could be the guy to come out.
Then we would have to consider Marshall as well.
It's a great problem to have no doubt.
Mine.

Doedee, Andrews, Starcevich.
Wilmot, Payne, Coleman.
Fletcher, Neale, McCluggage.
Lohmann, Hipwood, McCarthy.
Cameron, Daniher, Morris.
McInerney, Dunkley, Berry.

W.Ashcroft, Bailey, Zorko, Rayner, Reville.

Pushing for a spot- L.Ashcroft, Brain, Gardiner, Ah Chee, Sharp, Beecken, McLachlan, Answerth.

I would make a spot for Petracca when he is traded in.;)

I'm expecting 5 on the bench from 2025, no subs.

Mine.

Wilmot, Payne, Coleman.

Pushing for a spot- L.Ashcroft, Brain, Gardiner, Ah Chee, Sharp, Beecken, McLachlan, Answerth.

Yep I like the idea of Reville being in and subject to no hiccups this time around with his recovery I think the club will have Doedee in the mix.

Goes to show the depth we will have next year as a result of some of the younger players exposure this year. KPP wise we will still be light but for mids/flankers having the likes of Levi, Ah Chee, McKenna, Answerth, Sharp and Brain as depth plus McLachlan and Beecken if they stay on and improve after a full pre season will be huge. FWIW I do think Levi Ashcroft will be straight in. Probably at the expense of Brucey Reville in your side. And Ah Chee probably gets a nod if not over Bruce but with another pre season I see Reville as an AFL footballer for sure. Even if he is outside the best 23 he will play plenty of games. I am also hopeful they drop the sub and just have 5 on the bench from next year.

I'm not going to be upset if Bailey decides to leave. He isn't best 23 in my mind.
He has been down this year but I would be very worried about losing his speed as it’s something we still lack across the board IMO - something we know won’t be addressed by Ashcroft and Marshall arriving.
Also, injury free and confidence back, he has proven goal sense which is a tremendous quality. His two GF goals last year, his shot after the siren etc prove he can stand up under pressure. 2024 isn’t his year, but I’m sure with a big pre season he will bounce back.

Unless it nets us Petracca somehow then lets really hope not.
If Petracca is gettable, what would a deal cost? I assume two first round picks plus change at least. Or a first round, a future first round, and a player. Its hard to see how it could be achievable, but is worth pursuing if he has any interest in Brisbane. It appears he genuinely wants out, but is contracted to 2029. I guess there will be a need to offload some current players for currency for a deal like this.

Having in mind that draft picks will be need for Levi and Sam Marshall.

Currently Brisbane only have picks 14, 52 and 68, for a total of 1466 points. The annual merry-go-round of pick swaps will greatly improve the total points, but lots more are needed.

If they decide to trade Bailey, what is he worth? I think he would be seen as great get by other clubs, but he gives me the impression that he has reached his potential at Brisbane. Great in flashes, but no significant growth over the last couple of years.
What is Prior and Dev worth if they are traded to the west?
What is Connor McKenna, Madden, and Answerth worth?
Is Jarryd Lyons worth anything? North are looking at Viney and Wines at the moment, so if they want mature player/mentors, Jarryd could fit a need.

Fine balance between a focus on the premiership window, which could be open for only a couple of more years, and starting a mini rebuild.

Early wish list is:-

Ins - Petracca (you have to wish even if there is the slimmest of chances), Levi, Marshall, Tom Gillet, Ryan Gilder, Ty Gallop, Grainger-Barras (Hawthorn), Sampson Ryan (Richmond), and Bailey Scott (North). The last two being Queenslanders so they might be able to be lured back, but at what trade price. And lastly a small speedy forward.

Outs - Robertson, Prior, Michael, Lyons, McKenna, Madden, Answerth, Kalin Lane, Craven and Joyce.

If Petracca is gettable, what would a deal cost? I assume two first round picks plus change at least. Or a first round, a future first round, and a player. Its hard to see how it could be achievable, but is worth pursuing if he has any interest in Brisbane. It appears he genuinely wants out, but is contracted to 2029. I guess there will be a need to offload some current players for currency for a deal like this.

Currently Brisbane only have picks 14, 52 and 68, for a total of 1466 points. The annual merry-go-round of pick swaps will greatly improve the total points, but lots more are needed.

If they decide to trade Bailey, what is he worth? I think he would be seen as great get by other clubs, but he gives me the impression that he has reached his potential at Brisbane. Great in flashes, but no significant growth over the last couple of years.
Is Jarryd Lyons worth anything? North are looking at Viney and Wines at the moment, so if they want mature player/mentors, Jarryd could fit a need.

Fine balance between a focus on the premiership window, which could be open for only a couple of more years, and starting a mini rebuild.

Ins - Petracca (you have to wish even if there is the slimmest of chances), Levi, Marshall, Tom Gillet, Ryan Gilder, Ty Gallop, Grainger-Barras (Hawthorn), Sampson Ryan (Richmond), and Bailey Scott (North). The last two being Queenslanders so they might be able to be lured back, but at what trade price. And lastly a small speedy forward.

Outs - Robertson, Prior, Michael, Lyons, McKenna, Madden, Answerth, Kalin Lane, Craven and Joyce.

So let's us cut all depth and go for all young, unproven kids and some contracted players that don't meet a need?

Not every draftee is an Ashcroft, Fletcher or Morris, there will be players who don't play in their first season. Then with the contracted players, Petracca is not required for what it would cost to bring him across, Samson literally re-signed a month ago, Grainger-Barras I had to Google (never heard of this guy) and what does Bailey Scott bring to the table that McCarthy, Lohman, Bailey, Zorko, Kiddy, Ah Chee, Rayner or Sharp wouldn't bring to that role?

Robertson, Prior, McKenna, Answorth and Joyce will most likely be on our list next year (unless trades are specifically requested - which would only be Dev at this stage). Lane will probably be kept as well if no other rucks are available.

Lyons will be a delist when his contract is up. Nobody will be trading for a 32-year-old whose time is up. North doesn't need him, and he isn't a Viney mentor type.

I also don't expect more than Levi and Marshall to come to us in the draft, the rest is what is available and what is required. Only thing we are lacking is another viable tall forward (who is not Ryan) and a decent lockdown defender with pace, even then, we don't need a list overhaul, just need to kick straight. A goal kicking coach and a good sports psychologist could fix that problem.

Last edited:
Mine.

Wilmot, Payne, Coleman.

I would be shocked if Levi is not in our team from round 1.
Who is making way for him in your mind?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be shocked if Levi is not in our team from round 1.
Who is making way for him in your mind?
From my team any of Reville, Bailey, Fletcher, McCarthy(ACL:think:) depending on form at the time, hopefully Linc gets back to his best quickly, IMO he is a fantastic player and lock in the team when at his best.

There was a bounce on the weekend where our mids were Neale, Clugg and Bailey. 100% Need to have on of either Bez or Dunkley in every CB IMO.

Think you will find last 7/8 minutes last week Dunkley was on bench, and only came back on after oppo hit front, that’s very very poor coaching, you don’t have your only defensive mid on bench when game is to be won. Managing rotations is moot in these circumstances and it’s not the first time this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A 4th round pick swap at best. Prior is out of contract and a potential delisted candidate.

Dev can’t crack our best team, even with injuries.
McKenna might be worth a late second round pick.

Madden a delisting candidate.

Answerth maybe a late third round pick.
Is Jarryd Lyons worth anything?
Not in the current trade market.
North are looking at Viney and Wines at the moment, so if they want mature player/mentors, Jarryd could fit a need.

Based on the known knowns (so not including any trades or other draftees other than LAshcroft and Marshall), I would think at full strength, we'd be looking at something like:

Backs:
Wilmott, Andrews, Doedee (Lester)
Starcevich, Payne, Coleman

Mids:
Dunkley, McInerney, Berry
Neale, McCluggage, WAshcroft

Forwards:
Rayner, Hipwood, LAshcroft
Lohmann, Daniher, Cameron

Bench:
Fletcher/Marshall, Zorko, Ah Chee/McCarthy, Reville/Sharp, Morris

Emergencies:
Brain, Gardiner, Sharp/Reville

Reserves:
Smith, Answerth, McKenna

Something like that.

Nice work…mine is largely the same…

Backs:
Starcevich, Payne, Andrews
Wilmott, Doedee, Coleman

Mids:
McLuggage, Neale, Berry

Onball:
Oscar, Dunkley, WAshcroft

Forwards:
Rayner, Hipwood, Ah Chee
Lohmann, Daniher, Cameron

Bench:
Fletcher, Zorko, Morris, LAshcroft

Emergencies:

McCarthy, Brain, Gardiner, Reville, Lester

Reserves:
Smith, Answerth, McKenna, Joyce, Sharp, Marshall, Prior

So let's us cut all depth and go for all young, unproven kids and some contracted players that don't meet a need?

Not every draftee is an Ashcroft, Fletcher or Morris, there will be players who don't play in their first season. Then with the contracted players, Petracca is not required for what it would cost to bring him across, Samson literally re-signed a month ago, Grainger-Barras I had to Google (never heard of this guy) and what does Bailey Scott bring to the table that McCarthy, Lohman, Bailey, Zorko, Kiddy, Ah Chee, Rayner or Sharp wouldn't bring to that role?

Robertson, Prior, McKenna, Answorth and Joyce will most likely be on our list next year (unless trades are specifically requested - which would only be Dev at this stage). Lane will probably be kept as well if no other rucks are available.

Lyons will be a delist when his contract is up. Nobody will be trading for a 32-year-old whose time is up. North doesn't need him, and he isn't a Viney mentor type.

I also don't expect more than Levi and Marshall to come to us in the draft, the rest is what is available and what is required. Only thing we are lacking is another viable tall forward (who is not Ryan) and a decent lockdown defender with pace, even then, we don't need a list overhaul, just need to kick straight. A goal kicking coach and a good sports psychologist could fix that problem.
You are spot on with your list analysis we are third on the VFL ladder even with all our long term injuries and the rookie picks are projectng well especially Beecken. Other than Ashcroft and Marshall I would be trying Gillett as a project player. We will be full to the brim next year if our list stays healthy and should be playing finals again and hopefully a premiership.

Wondering when we'll get retirement announcements. Usually it is around now for our players off memory.

Wondering when we'll get retirement announcements. Usually it is around now for our players off memory.
Who are you expecting to announce their retirement?
All our over thirties have indicated their desire to continue.

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Inside Trading: Brisbane veteran Dayne Zorko has secured a new deal to play on for a 14th season in 2025.

Zorko Winds Back The Clock To Earn Another Contract

Last edited:

Rayner and Bailey for Petracca?

There’s no guarantee that Petracca will be back to his best after an injury loke that and the aftermath.

Dusty was never the same player after his kidney injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back