List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He is contracted for 2025 so it will be up to him to leave if homesick.
Depends on if he is enjoying his Brisbane life. He certainly would have loved winning a GF.
I doubt he can find a job back in Ireland for the same sort of money.
But as Jo has showed us money is not everything.

He's doing that horse stable management thing which is kind of giving him a good balance off field.

Might continue next year like others have said, but horse racing seems to be a family run thing for him back home.

Was about to read an article before about McKenna possibly returning home but had a firewall....anybody heard anything?
This one? Conor McKenna isn’t ruling out a return to Tyrone following AFL success with Brisbane Lions

“I will still want to do that again (play GAA) at some stage whether that’s in one year, two years or three years time."
“I will take it one year at a time. I’m contracted out there next year again and maybe stay another year or so after that and whatever happens if I come home eventually I will give it another go with Eglish anyway."
“I would love to wear the Red Hand jersey again whether that happens or not but I would certainly love to.”

We would be hypocrites if that happened.

You can’t complain about Mal Michael retiring and then landing at Essendon.

Essendon fans would be seething if Coleman did the same.
I'm pretty sure he signed a lifetime contract with the Bombers, so I think that's now expired and he should be available

Yep, been discussed before but I had big hopes for the likes of Jason Roe and Bryce Retzlaff. :huh:
Retzy was a bit of sliding doors player. If not for some bad luck, could've developed into a handy role player.

Fullerton is not happy there, not played a game and Melbourne are looking for a new ruckman to help Gawn out, just cant see Fullerton getting a game. I also suggested he come back as 'cover' to the Lions.
Perhaps MFC will make a move for Soldo, now that Saints aren't interested, Port won't want him back and he needs to simp his way back to Melbourne given the girlfriend threw the toys out of the cot and just left Adelaide mid season b/c it didn't offer her enough SM / influencer (really) opportunities that Melbourne did.

Perhaps MFC will make a move for Soldo, now that Saints aren't interested, Port won't want him back and he needs to simp his way back to Melbourne given the girlfriend threw the toys out of the cot and just left Adelaide mid season b/c it didn't offer her enough SM / influencer (really) opportunities that Melbourne did.

Melbourne already picked up Campbell

Inside Trading: Houston, Barrass and more: State of play on major trade deals

Harry Sharp
Melbourne has opened talks on a deal for Sharp and is hopeful a trade can be agreed in the next couple of days. The tireless Sharp has already requested a trade to the Demons, who had been searching for greater running power. Brisbane has also been willing to listen to offers for the contracted youngster, who was limited to just six games this season, as the club attempts to bank picks and points to match bids on father-son star Levi Ashcroft and Academy gun Sam Marshall. Melbourne has picks No.5, 28, 40, 49, 54 and 65 to offer, with a combination of later pick-swaps that accumulates Brisbane more draft points likely to be what secures a deal.
Deven Robertson
Robertson has told Brisbane that he wants to explore his options during this year's Trade Period, having been limited to just two senior games in 2024. The inside midfielder drew significant interest from West Coast last year, albeit under a different list management team, but elected to stay at the Lions on a two-year deal. The Eagles have monitored Robertson again, but are yet to bite, while a couple of Victorian clubs also had some passing interest during the season. The likelihood is that Robertson will stay at Brisbane in 2025, where he is contracted, but a move elsewhere could still eventuate late.

Sam Day of interest according to Ralphy...

Impresively for Ralphy, only 2 obvious errors in the story:

LIONS CLOSE IN ON DANIHER REPLACEMENT

Brisbane is unlikely to make a trade play for a key forward in coming days as it considers back-up talls including free agent Sam Day as replacements for Joe Daniher.

Gold Coast forward Day appeals to the Suns because he is a genuine key forward who can also go into the ruck to give back-up support to Oscar McInerney.

Day kicked 10 goals in five AFL games this year and was elite in forward 50 marks and one-on-one contests, taking six contested marks against the Roos.

He shapes as the perfect low-cost, high-upside player who will not replace the brilliant Daniher but at least fills a similar forward-ruck role.

St Kilda free agent Tim Membrey is available for rivals but is not a contender for the Lions because at 190cm he is a similar type of player to the improving first-year premiership player Logan Morris.

The Lions are open to only playing two key forwards next year and also have ex-Hawks key forward Brandon Ryan who they believe can play a part in their premiership defence.

Day was delisted after 155 games as an inaugural Gold Coast player, with the 32-year-old suffering a horrific injury toll across his time at the Suns.

He played 17 VFL appearances and three AFL appearances last year, then five AFL games and eight VFL games this year before a plantar fascia injury curtailed his season.

The Lions are keen to keep former first round pick Dev Robertson as he assesses interest from West Coast.

The midfielder would like to get to the Pies but their dealings with Port Adelaide defender Dan Houston would likely have to fall over for Collingwood to enter the picture.

West Coast also has some interest but has plenty of trade balls in the air, with Robertson’s salary of around $500,000 not helping his trade prospects.

Brisbane will ask for a pick in the 40s for 21-year-old wingman Harry Sharp, who has declared his intention to play for Melbourne next year.

But the Demons are more likely to offer a back-end pick, and have selections 40, 49, 54 and 74 to satisfy the Lions.

Any points they secure will help them match bids for No.1 contender Levi Ashcroft and northern academy midfielder Sam Marshall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the HS website too, with a bit extra on Dev and Harry

Brisbane is unlikely to make a trade play for a key forward in coming days as it considers back-up talls including free agent Sam Day as replacements for Joe Daniher.

Gold Coast forward Day appeals to the Suns because he is a genuine key forward who can also go into the ruck to give back-up support to Oscar McInerney.

Day kicked 10 goals in five AFL games this year and was elite in forward 50 marks and one-on-one contests, taking six contested marks against the Roos.

He shapes as the perfect low-cost, high-upside player who will not replace the brilliant Daniher but at least fills a similar forward-ruck role.

St Kilda free agent Tim Membrey is available for rivals but is not a contender for the Lions because at 190cm he is a similar type of player to the improving first-year premiership player Logan Morris.

On the HS website too, with a bit extra on Dev and Harry

Not sure if he appeals to the Suns who just delisted him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back