List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Krueger definitely the one we should be targeting
Not if we have to offer any more than 1 year.
I still think we have done a lot of work already for a target at the end of next year so Kruger would be surplus to needs if he were here for any more than a year.
Which is why we may be heading down the Day path.

Sam Day for free would be a good stop gap option.

Not if we have to offer any more than 1 year.
I still think we have done a lot of work already for a target at the end of next year so Kruger would be surplus to needs if he were here for any more than a year.
Which is why we may be heading down the Day path.
We technically aren't targeting anyone I hear we we're very interested in Lynch Day has only been linked through media he wasn't a name mentioned by Daly when he talked about key forwards

I think we will be going a low cost/free option to fill the Joe list spot, eg. Sam Day/mature State League player.

One year contract with triggers for a 2nd year, if it doesn't work out giving up one list spot is not going to hurt us.

I think we will be going a low cost/free option to fill the Joe list spot, eg. Sam Day/mature State League player.

One year contract with triggers for a 2nd year, if it doesn't work out giving up one list spot is not going to hurt us.
yes it would when we can draft players like Gellett Richardson and Gallop with that free list spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our recruitment team want 1 or more of those 3 players a Sam Day or mature State League KPF signing will not affect that... they will work it out.
Day has had massive injury problems and hasn't even kicked 20 goals in a season the most being 19

Day has had massive injury problems and hasn't even kicked 20 goals in a season the most being 19
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Sam Day, it's just I can see us getting him. Personally I would prefer Riccardi(if the price was right) or a mature state leaguer OR it would not worry me if we went with what we have and played smaller up forward.

Or if the AFL go with 5 on the bench(no sub) we could play Henry Smith in that 5th bench spot.

I have complete trust in what Fagan/Daly and our list management team decide to do, they have the runs on the board.

Think the club would make a sensible decision on who will replace Joe .
You can’t replace him and I don’t see any sense in bringing in aged and injury prone players delisted or retired from another club .

He’s not there to win the Coleman. He is there literally to provide a bit of insurance and possibly to plug and play, if required, to avoid a tall forward line of Hipwood (coming off OP), a second year undersized KPP & an 18yo kid who we haven’t even drafted yet.

I get that it’s not ideal, but none of the options really are. In an ideal world Joe would’ve played on the extra year and we bring in the big fish next year. That isn’t happening, such is life, but we need to avoid going in with a forward line of the above as well as Ryan (unlikely to make it) and Henry (more ruck than forward) imo.

Not sure where Dev fits in at the Pies. Thought they had a couple of young, high drafted mids that already struggled to get a game.

Figured if the Baker to West Coast trade fell over, then Dev would get a look in at West Coast.

Not sure where Dev fits in at the Pies. Thought they had a couple of young, high drafted mids that already struggled to get a game.

Figured if the Baker to West Coast trade fell over, then Dev would get a look in at West Coast.
Collingwood needs young inside midfielders other than ND and Degoey not sure they are a team that has a massive amount of depth in that area

The premiers would have their pick of the KPF available. If the club believe Day is the best option, then we should absolutely back them in. It's not an ideal pool of talent available and he'll still have to pass a medical.

He’s not there to win the Coleman. He is there literally to provide a bit of insurance and possibly to plug and play, if required, to avoid a tall forward line of Hipwood (coming off OP), a second year undersized KPP & an 18yo kid who we haven’t even drafted yet.

I get that it’s not ideal, but none of the options really are. In an ideal world Joe would’ve played on the extra year and we bring in the big fish next year. That isn’t happening, such is life, but we need to avoid going in with a forward line of the above as well as Ryan (unlikely to make it) and Henry (more ruck than forward) imo.
It really is a rare decision by Joe to retire arguably at the peak of his career, only 30 years of age and could have had another 2-3 seasons at least in him.

There probably are other examples but has a player just pulling the pin while in peak form and uninjured happened before in the AFL?

">#Joe :hearts:

realistic how many goals do you expect a Sam Day scores if he doesn't breakdown like the Glass he's made of

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of Sam Day, it's just I can see us getting him. Personally I would prefer Riccardi(if the price was right) or a mature state leaguer OR it would not worry me if we went with what we have and played smaller up forward.

Or if the AFL go with 5 on the bench(no sub) we could play Henry Smith in that 5th bench spot.

I have complete trust in what Fagan/Daly and our list management team decide to do, they have the runs on the board.
If we're going for Day it seems there isn't much faith in Ryan.

I dunno, maybe Day will be ok, he at least has the capacity to contest high balls when he's fit. And probably a better ruck than Joe but not so hot on the clearances.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back