List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

does he have too can Day?
I think people assume that who ever we bring in will automatically be played.
My opinion is that who ever it may be, will be brought in to improve the depth of the Kpf/Ruck position, not to be the automatic selection and be the man. He will be another player on the list fighting for a position.
The long term replacement for Joe will be next year imo, not this.
Unless if one of the other boys like Smith steps up and shows some really good signs.

It really is a rare decision by Joe to retire arguably at the peak of his career, only 30 years of age and could have had another 2-3 seasons at least in him.

There probably are other examples but has a player just pulling the pin while in peak form and uninjured happened before in the AFL?

">#Joe :hearts:
Cyril Rioli

I think people assume that who ever we bring in will automatically be played.
My opinion is that who ever it may be, will be brought in to improve the depth of the Kpf/Ruck position, not to be the automatic selection and be the man. He will be another player on the list fighting for a position.
The long term replacement for Joe will be next year imo, not this.
Unless if one of the other boys like Smith steps up and shows some really good signs.
Totally agree.

We may think we can get by with what we have especially if Smith develops quickly but just in case it doesn't work out there's a strong body there with experience who can fill a need.

Do people realise we can’t trade for anyone due to getting Levi (easy choice) and even if we were in a position too there are not exactly a huge pool to pick from. Getting Joey the way we did was a freak occurrence. Instead of suggesting Day is shit and that’s it - offer a solution, it’s not that easy. Morris is good but if to ask him
Too lead the pack is too much at this point. IF Day can stay fit I think people maybe a little surprised what he might offer.
Don't mind Day at all, but I'd rather we get Hipwood to pitch ruck and went Membrey personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leon Davis I think had some offield issues which led to neither Western club wanting him

I can't think of any in the AFL off the top of my head, but Antonio Brown in the NFL had an all time classic. Vontae Davis also retired literally at half time of a game as well.

After a quick Google, apparently Leon Davis fits the bill? AA year at age 30, retired because he wanted to move back to Perth.

Cameron Ling comes to mind. I think he retired at 30yo after their flag.

James Clement is one that retired out of nowhere, but it was to look after his unwell wife.

Choc said tonight he doesn't think the club will bring in a Joe replacement.
There is too much speculation about a Joe replacement. I think what is needed is a role replacement. If the need for any given opposition is a pinch hit ruck/forward, then Day or Fort might be the option. If the team is grooming Henry Smith as a forward, then he gets an opportunity. If Lloyd increases his development, then he gets some match time. If Doedee is fit and firing, then that could release Lester who has forward experience. Or if Linc is fit, then they could play a small forward line in stature, although Linc, Cam and Kai all play taller.

The options are endless, and allow for players to be rested. Personally I think the forward line in 25 will be very changeable.

I like the idea of Day coming in as insurance, and that he may play about a dozen games. Form will obviously determine that. If he can compete, bring the ball to ground for the quicks, and a goal a game, he would be worth it.

With Lane being delisted, I think that indicates Fort will not get much time in the firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back