List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker and Haynes into the side next year instantly improves us, regardless of other trade/free agency moves.
Age isn't a concern but improving our disposal and goal kicking is, and both players tick those respective boxes.
If those moves haven't already been investigated behind the scenes then I'd be disappointed with the club.
Haynes is 32 and Luke will be 32 in a couple of months.

This season, Haynes has played 7 games and Luke 5 games

Not sure about any current injuries but over the years they would have a few niggling injuries..

Plus both are aging players, changing clubs/new players/coaches to get used to...

Yes, they would have good experience that our players can draw upon but I wouldn't be expecting too much output from either of them.

Not sure about any current injuries but over the years they would have a few niggling injuries..

Plus both are aging players, changing clubs/new players/coaches to get used to...

Yes, they would have good experience that our players can draw upon but I wouldn't be expecting too much output from either of them.
Parker broke his arm and also got 6 weeks for a late hit.
Haynes is a way better option than half our defenders but has been stuck behind a long list of youthful KPD at GWS.
None of the like for like player at Carlton would keep him out of the side.

Going after cheaper, albeit shorter term options like Haynes, Parker etc. allows us to keep a pretty good draft hand to inject some youth in. This is a much better approach IMO than going all in on a Barrass or Petracca (for the 5 seconds he was available), especially with Tassie about to come in and cook the draft for everyone else. Allows us to improve and go for a flag tilt in the immediate future without leading to us burning out and desperately trying to rebuild with little youth and compromised drafts, as opposed to if we went all in.

Is Haynes the perfect player to slot into this team? No. Is he the right move list wise? Probably.

Parker was out with a contact injury, Haynes has had a few niggles. What's kept them to a low game count this year is that GWS has a young, incredibly talented backline that they want to get games into, and until recently the Swans were absolutely flying so there was no room for Parker to come back in.

Going after cheaper, albeit shorter term options like Haynes, Parker etc. allows us to keep a pretty good draft hand to inject some youth in. This is a much better approach IMO than going all in on a Barrass or Petracca (for the 5 seconds he was available), especially with Tassie about to come in and cook the draft for everyone else. Allows us to improve and go for a flag tilt in the immediate future without leading to us burning out and desperately trying to rebuild with little youth and compromised drafts, as opposed to if we went all in.

Is Haynes the perfect player to slot into this team? No. Is he the right move list wise? Probably.
I'm also fine with bringing Haynes in as a short term option as a cheap free agent. We know it's still going to require a list spot, but it appears there's going to be list spots opening up.

I still reckon our priority should be looking at bringing in a younger player through a trade like a Konstanty or Stone through future pick/s, and hitting the draft hard this year. We're likely to have around a top 10 pick as well as the Campo's and Duffy walking through the door this year - and of course Cody Walker in a couple of years - so I'm fine if we spend some 2025 draft capital on a quality young player.

Top 50 draft prospects in the Hun today. Campo twins ranked 34 & 45.
If the last couple of years are anything to go by, the draft will just about be over by the time that Lucas comes up. Straight to the rookie draft as a F/S I reckon.

I've thought about Petruccelle. We may be worried about his footskills and I don't know if he has a tank. He'd be fantastic for our turnover game. I'd do it ... would Voss?
Petruccelle from WCE or Gollant from Adelaide would be two good medium forward options. Petruccelle is 185 and Gollant is 191.

Gollant has kicked 27 goals for Adelaide this season in the SANFL and has kicked 99 goals from 50 games at that level. He's also an outside mid as well.

No issues with the two veteran options raised as low cost/short term options.
Haynes replaces what we were hoping from Marchbank.
Parker gives us an provides a bit of mongrel, experience & ability to hit the scoreboard.

think hodge and gunston at Brisbane

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fog could take owies roll
Fog is already in the forward roll and does not kick as many goals as Owies. Two different play styles and two different roles. i dont believe that Fog could produce anywhere near the goals that Owies does.

Fog is already in the forward roll and does not kick as many goals as Owies. Two different play styles and two different roles. i dont believe that Fog could produce anywhere near the goals that Owies does.
Agree and its a shame because Fog provides enormous pressure and link up play but if he could kick goals regularly he is just what we need.

Petruccelle from WCE or Gollant from Adelaide would be two good medium forward options. Petruccelle is 185 and Gollant is 191.

Gollant has kicked 27 goals for Adelaide this season in the SANFL and has kicked 99 goals from 50 games at that level. He's also an outside mid as well.
Gollant has some talent, but is not particularly fast, is lightweight and isnt a high possession winner. Could be delisted by Crows.

Hi Blues fans, Crows fan coming in peace. Serious question that's been brewing in my mind reading the consternation about your lack of an established second KPD: temperature check on Jordon Butts? He might be the least exciting player in the comp, but he's big, pretty young, reasonably athletic, cheap, and Victorian. We arguably have one too many big defenders as it is (pending what happens to Keane). I'm surprised there are never any reports linking him to a Vic club.

Hi Blues fans, Crows fan coming in peace. Serious question that's been brewing in my mind reading the consternation about your lack of an established second KPD: temperature check on Jordon Butts? He might be the least exciting player in the comp, but he's big, pretty young, reasonably athletic, cheap, and Victorian. We arguably have one too many big defenders as it is (pending what happens to Keane). I'm surprised there are never any reports linking him to a Vic club.
Could do worse. Hard looking from outside to get the hierarchy of your tall backs. If he was coming cheap would be a good option. Good stopper.

Not the worst shout and surprised I haven't thought of him before. My family are all Crows fans and I watch every game they play so I don't mind Butts at all as a 2nd defender.

My only ? On that would be that he maybe is too similar to Weitering in that they're both good 1v1 defenders but maybe not the best at peeling off and helping/intercepting.

Despite that, depending on cost he'd be a decent get.

Is he a better option than Himmelberg?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back