List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Rosas would be a cheap get well worth the punt. Can move, got some skill and some tricks. Maybe he needs a change of scene to realise his potential.
Hypothetical: assuming Rosas' delisting was purely a list management decision - if we could jag a 2nd round pick for Owies and picked up Rosas as a DFA, would we be worse off?

I wouldn't be against giving Hinds a list spot
Alot of my essendon mates recon he was hard done by getting delisted
Cost nothing and got speed to burn can play forward or back

Hypothetical: assuming Rosas' delisting was purely a list management decision - if we could jag a 2nd round pick for Owies and picked up Rosas as a DFA, would we be worse off?
he certainly looks more flashy than owies and maybe does a few extra things but

it looks like we may lose some goals scored...although in our forward line rosas may well kick as much if not more than owies

Owies GA = 1.24
Rosas GA = 1.0

Is he robust as owies is and why isnt he paying regularly at the suns - off field issues - work ethic etc?

Really hope we are pulling out all of the stops for Aleer now. With Petracca and Houston out of the picture we aren't restricted in any way with our draft picks. Should be our number 1 target imo

And Mal Rosas Jnr

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A burnt piece of toast would be an upgrade on some of our smalls on current form. Hoping to god some can turn it around over the off season
I'm (hopefully not naively) giving Motlop and Durdin an out this season due to injury disruptions. Really need a big season from the both of them in 25'. Owies has had a pretty good season but plays more like a third tall than a small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm (hopefully not naively) giving Motlop and Durdin an out this season due to injury disruptions. Really need a big season from the both of them in 25'. Owies has had a pretty good season but plays more like a third tall than a small forward.
That is so bloody accurate.

5 foot nuthin, playing like he's 200+.

That's some serious nail/head stuff.

If there's no Trac action then I'm still content on trying to get something along the lines of this

Travaglia Weitering Saad
Newman Aleer Docherty
Acres Cripps O.Hollands
Berry Curnow Fogarty
Rosas McKay Kemp
Dekoning Walsh Cowan

Williams E.Hollands McGovern Cerra

Owies > 2nd/3rd
Hewett/Kennedy > 2nd
JCarroll > 3rd
JMartin > 3rd/4th

2024 1st - Joe Berry
2025 1st - Leek Aleer
2024 2nd + Owies pick + Ken/Hew pick - Travaglia
JCarroll pick - Malcolm Rosas

Back in the development of Ollie, Elijah, Wilson, Moir, Cowan etc while getting some elite modern game suited talents in the door too.

Top priorities:

• Key position defender (or two)
  • Classy, goal kicking midfielder
  • Speedy, small forwards/half forwards

Examples:

Leek Alir, Nick Haynes, Sam Collins types

Rozee, Warner, Gulden, Hayden Young types

Mead, MacDonald, Pickett, Papley types

If there's no Trac action then I'm still content on trying to get something along the lines of this

Travaglia Weitering Saad
Newman Aleer Docherty
Acres Cripps O.Hollands
Berry Curnow Fogarty
Rosas McKay Kemp
Dekoning Walsh Cowan

Williams E.Hollands McGovern Cerra

Owies > 2nd/3rd
Hewett/Kennedy > 2nd
JCarroll > 3rd
JMartin > 3rd/4th

2024 1st - Joe Berry
2025 1st - Leek Aleer
2024 2nd + Owies pick + Ken/Hew pick - Travaglia
JCarroll pick - Malcolm Rosas

Back in the development of Ollie, Elijah, Wilson, Moir, Cowan etc while getting some elite modern game suited talents in the door too.

Can't see us parting with Hewett or Kennedy

Can't see us parting with Hewett or Kennedy
Perhaps not, personally would like to see Elijah, Cowan and others step up to take their minutes on ball.

Need some half forwards capable of going for stints on ball if they are to stay imo. Switkowski still rumoured to want back to VIC, has shown an ability to go on ball quite well but a tad injury prone.

Perhaps not, personally would like to see Elijah, Cowan and others step up to take their minutes on ball.

Need some half forwards capable of going for stints on ball if they are to stay imo. Switkowski still rumoured to want back to VIC, has shown an ability to go on ball quite well but a tad injury prone.

Elijah will continue to improve. I see Cowan's future as a wingman

Lucas looks like a Newman replacement. Still can't peg Ben long term, think he grows a tad more and likely plays as a 3rd tall

Wish list for me

• KPD, 197+
  • More speed as a balanced or outside type
  • Manic speed/pressure forward

Lucas looks like a Newman replacement. Still can't peg Ben long term, think he grows a tad more and likely plays as a 3rd tall

Wish list for me

• KPD, 197+
Rosas worth throwing a line for the latter

Not exactly high pressure but has the traits to be that

Wish list for me

• KPD, 197+
To me Elijah looked an impeccable Newman replacement when he was down there tbh.

Ben is a mid through and through, not bad above his head but you can't bank on a player growing more once he's 18. His best work is done around stoppage, I see him is a Hewett replacement long term - better runner but a worse kick in terms of accuracy.

Travaglia to me projects long term as a Will Day type.
Lindsay another option as arguably the best kick in the draft and a natural outside wingman type.

Manic speed/pressure forward - Rosas, Berry, Hotton, Switkowski, Garcia... Would be happy with any of them.

Benny Barrett and Evan Bradley 2 later options in the draft too

Reckon this would be a hell of a line up going into the late 2020s with once Cripps & Co finish up

Boyd Weitering Travaglia
E.Hollands Aleer Wilson
Binns Walker O.Hollands
Berry McKay Fogarty
Rosas Curnow Moir
Dekoning Walsh Cerra

Lemmey Lord Kemp Cottrell

+ Some FA's, draft picks we haven't seen yet, trades etc

Great balance and running power would be off the charts.

Sounds like more:

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Cowan O'Farrell Wilson
Binns Walker O.Hollands
Dattoli McKay E.Hollands
Motlop Curnow Moir

TDK Walsh Cerra

B.Camporeale L.Camporeale Lord Durdin

Plus wherever else comes our way

Sounds like more:

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Cowan O'Farrell Wilson
Binns Walker O.Hollands
Dattoli McKay E.Hollands
Motlop Curnow Moir

TDK Walsh Cerra

B.Camporeale L.Camporeale Lord Durdin

Plus wherever else comes our way
If I were to summarize this teams speed in one image it would be...

Steal Your Girl Costume GIF

Don't mind Dattoli or O'Farrell as prospects, but we are so desperate for an injection of speed across our team it almost hurts my soul seeing Motlop, Hollands X2 and Campo X2 all in one team.

Happy to chase either if they also address the speed issue somehow else.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back