List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

"The club is also throwing its support behind Kysaiah Pickett, who does not want to be traded but informed the club last week he felt homesick at times.

A source close to Pickett, who preferred to remain anonymous to speak freely, said that was reinforced post-season when he caught up with AFL footballers playing in Western Australia who encouraged him to think about joining them. However, a trade has never been seriously considered."

Come on down Malcolm Rosas!

Big fan

"The club is also throwing its support behind Kysaiah Pickett, who does not want to be traded but informed the club last week he felt homesick at times.

A source close to Pickett, who preferred to remain anonymous to speak freely, said that was reinforced post-season when he caught up with AFL footballers playing in Western Australia who encouraged him to think about joining them. However, a trade has never been seriously considered."

Nothing that hasn’t been said before, but despite everything else it doesn’t seem like Kozzy is pushing this at all.
1725243469487.png

Nothing that hasn’t been said before, but despite everything else it doesn’t seem like Kozzy is pushing this at all.
Yeah, I wont write it off completely but starting to feel like we got AFL media'd and Pickett is a massive tease

Burton had never really fired, and Hawks were happy to trade multiple picks looking for top talents.

You are normally win with 3 15+ picks for a top 10 in the comp. They did a similar trade for Burgoyne and it worked really well. They just learnt, that if the player is not willing to work hard then changing teams won't help.

Just found it interesting that Wingard went for what was a pretty big haul given he was on the way down at Port and was somewhat getting pushed out. Burton had played in most games including the finals just before he was traded so it's not like he wasn't a best 22 player in his third season.

Would we be OK with a pick 17 and Chapman for Bolton? I know it won't happen but that would be a pretty similar trade.

What was Daniels on about?

Freo put him up to it to make the fans think we've got our big boy pants on?
I laughed it at the time but we yeah, we could have been "managed" following the shit seasons end. If nothing comes of it at all I'm putting RD in the bin

They don't get any credits for thinking about getting blokes in.

The come down will be just as bad as the uplift was good if it was all a ruse.
But how many will actually think that? It would have served its purpose as a distraction and now people are angry about something "out of their control" rather than missing finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But how many will actually think that? It would have served its purpose as a distraction and now people are angry about something "out of their control" rather than missing finals.
I guess, but it won't work on me.

Sucks if it turns out Daniels is useless. No good information out this way anymore if that is the case.

I laughed it at the time but we yeah, we could have been "managed" following the shit seasons end. If nothing comes of it at all I'm putting RD in the bin
RD needs to distance himself from the clubs so we get a more objective narrative on things. Vic journos were reporting 8 weeks for Darcy’s surgery and Rhino kept pedalling 4 weeks. Of course it ended up being 8.

Melbourne media were reporting that Luke Jackson was going to stay with them until about a week before trade period started. The Demons have 15,000 fans who show up, they need all of them to be feeling positive heading into renewal season.

if Pickett has often been homesick and sounded out a trade why does that lend itself to the trade not happening more than the other way that some are saying? its clear he doesnt see a long term future in melbourne, new child now and weve clearly got the currency to make a trade happen, or at least a better chance than before.

far too much pessimism a week in to our off season guys come on. its still bolton, picket and warner IN🤞

if Pickett has often been homesick and sounded out a trade why does that lend itself to the trade not happening more than the other way that some are saying? its clear he doesnt see a long term future in melbourne, new child now and weve clearly got the currency to make a trade happen, or at least a better chance than before.

far too much pessimism a week in to our off season guys come on. its still bolton, picket and warner IN🤞
The problem is again, RD, which is why I'll be close to binning him if nothing comes of it. We really have just RD saying specifically he asked Freo about a trade. RD has been shown multiple times to spin information the club wants him to spin.

I havent written it all off yet, there's clearly some level of thinking about leaving but none of this goes anywhere if Pickett isnt actually asking for a trade which raises the question of what was RD talking about?

The problem is again, RD, which is why I'll be close to binning him if nothing comes of it. We really have just RD saying specifically he asked Freo about a trade. RD has been shown multiple times to spin information the club wants him to spin.

I havent written it all off yet, there's clearly some level of thinking about leaving but none of this goes anywhere if Pickett isnt actually asking for a trade which raises the question of what was RD talking about?

Theo in SA also said that Kozzy specifically said Freo if a trade was requested.

Maybe Kozzys agent was just letting Freo know that it might eventuate and for us to be prepared if it did?

Who bloody knows

Yes I’ve noticed RD is always very positive about Jlo. “If I was Freo Jlo would’ve been signed yesterday” shit like that. He is becoming a bit of a mouthpiece lately.

Jake Stringer to Sydney. He sure kicks a lot of goals. Guess they won't really need Chad Warner anymore then. 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back