List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not worth the hassle. All it would be is something in the 50's, and by then clubs are dropping out and/or teams can get whoever they want. Geelong can just use their 5th, 6th, 7th rounders after everyone else has stopped. Last year they took picks 58, 61, 63 for example.
And from memory they copped quite a bit for holding up trade period to get two of those picks from Port Adelaide in the Ratugolea deal.

They were something like pick 75 (58) and 95 (63) at the time of the trade btw.

Brendon Parfitt delisted by Geelong. If Jack Martin was the best player delisted so far we might we'll have a new leader.

No saying it's us but I'd be shocked if he's not back on an AFL list quite soon.
Be hilarious if Geelong delist Parfitt and ask for Martin. Like what? That’s a downgrade IMO

Be hilarious if Geelong delist Parfitt and ask for Martin. Like what? That’s a downgrade IMO

Not sure Geelong’s depth is ever as good as this board thinks tbh. I remember telling people players like Dahlhaus, Higgins and Narkle wouldn’t get a game for us in 2022 - the first two looked like good depth on paper but if you actually watched them play in 2021 and 2022 they were cooked. Narkle is just sh**e and was overrated due to playing occasionally for a good team. So many sh**e depth players from good teams have fooled weaker teams’ list managers let alone fans and it happens over and over again.

Parfitt certainly looks better on paper than these guys but has been depth for a few years now and has never been able to get himself a trade away despite that. In hindsight maybe he’s not as good as I thought even earlier today - he certainly hasn’t exactly played enough for me to get a proper read on exactly how good he actually is in 2024. I was very much basing my opinion on what I’d seen from Parfitt a few years ago - making the same mistake as others did in my examples above.

Given how much Geelong tried to get garbage picks out of Port Adelaide for the Ratugolea deal last year and how deep they look like drafting this year, I can only assume they don’t think any team thinks Parfitt is worth a senior list spot. I do get the feeling this move allows a slightly simpler move (can talk to clubs earlier) through the SSP Jeremy Sharp-style where he sits out the Rookie Draft and gets added to the Rookie List day one of the SSP.

From the hard ball gets podcast - who says no?

Collingwood trade Jordan Degoey to Fremantle in exchange for Andrew Brayshaw

That's actually a pretty crazy list turnover from Geelong. 9 players delisted or retired, getting Smith which will take multiple picks and with just the standard 4 picks in the draft as it stands.

Martin is absolutely going there for free and they are drafting DEEP in this draft
If Steven Wells reckons this the draft to go balls deep in, then this is the draft to go balls deep in.

Bolton for 9 and some shit I can’t be arsed to figure out but we have to keep 10 and we have to let The Typo and his new Geebung offsider loose on the second and third rounds.

Delist Emmett and Stanley and whoever else the **** you feel like delisting.

We say no. Fairly comfortably. Degoey is good but we’d be gutting the cultural core of our club

Me wtf. Don’t want that grub anywhere near this team. Not to mention Brayshaw is 4 years younger. Also his second half of the year was back to his best. I don’t think there’s any world in which Freo says yes.

Everyone says no.

An injury prone guy who turns 29 before next season starts, who also happens to be one of the worst players off the field in the league.

Or a 24 year old midfielder who is never injured, who is so good for the culture he's in a two horse race for the next captain.

Come on man...

We say no. Fairly comfortably. Degoey is good but we’d be gutting the cultural core of our club

Brayshaw is a better footballer and younger IMO.

De Goey does things Brayshaw can’t do once or twice a game. Brayshaw has a more sustained impact on the majority of games. Was our best player in the last two months of the season and that’s saying something given how good Serong and Young are.

Was it your m8 Xavier Ellis again?

Even if wasn’t I got news for ya dockeroo ,hes no where near as smart as you think he is and certainly not even close to how smart he considers himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey dont shoot the messenger about Degoey v Brayshaw! 😂

I wouldn’t do it either for what it’s worth. Mainly because of the cultural and leadership aspects that Andy provides that Degoey just… doesn’t.

It’s funny though - I’m certain if that proposed trade was presented on the pies board it would be the same reaction from their fans, but in the opposite direction.

I’m trying to be unbiased here, and I would say that Andy would have a similar trade value to someone like Sam Walsh. The only players on the freo list more valuable (in both $$ and potential trade value) in my opinion than Andy are Serong, Young, and Treacy.

Anyway he’s not leaving it was just HBG having a bit of fun.

Another one they came up with was Brennan Cox for Tom Barrass… consensus was the eagles would say no to that.

Hypothetical - assume we get Bolton for 9 & 16. Forget what other extras may come our way.

We have 10 and 27.

Also, assume we have no other players linked to us etc.

Do we give up 10 for North’s F1? Straight up exchange.

Means we hit the draft at 27.

Only bring in Bolton, but have 2 F1s for 2025.

Ours and North’s which will highly likely be inside top 6.

Hypothetical - assume we get Bolton for 9 & 16. Forget what other extras may come our way.

We have 10 and 27.

If Bolton is all we're getting this year then absolutely take 10 to the draft. If we're getting Warner next year when he's out of contract then we can get him with whatever we already have. Just like how we got Jackson with a weak hand. If we get North's pick then it's going straight to Sydney for Chad.

Everyone's raving about this draft so I'd like to keep a good pick. Don't want a repeat of 2018 where we wasted picks on Lobb and Hogan when we could've had Rozee or King.

We have 10 and 27.

Depends on Warner I think. If we know he's coming post contract then i probably don't do it. I'd rather take the first this year because it just gets eaten up in a Warner trade if you push it next year. There's no benefit from 'upgrading' it. In 2025 you just trade that first plus F1 for Warner.

If he's said to us nah I'm not committing to anything or there's other complications I'd consider it. Overall I'd rather take the picks this year given where our list is at but a potential top 3 is very tempting.

We have 10 and 27.

No.

If Bolton is all we're getting this year then absolutely take 10 to the draft. If we're getting Warner next year when he's out of contract then we can get him with whatever we already have. Just like how we got Jackson with a weak hand. If we get North's pick then it's going straight to Sydney for Chad.

Everyone's raving about this draft so I'd like to keep a good pick. Don't want a repeat of 2018 where we wasted picks on Lobb and Hogan when we could've had Rozee or King.

That’s fair.

My point was more around North’s pick almost certainly being a bottom 6 pick, hence the discussion.

I think we should just use 10 too.

Another possible play is North splitting 2 with us for 9 and 10.

2 should almost certainly get us Bolton and 21. You’d think. Obviously, we wouldn’t do that trade unless it was known we could get extras from Richmond.

A 3 club trade could be an option. Maybe even 4 clubs.

North receive the pick to get Houston whilst still having a pick around 10.

Tigers get a pick inside 5.

Freo effectively lose 9&10 to get Bolton and 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back