List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

no club
Well... It's not going to be so much in a club's (perceived) interests to narrow or specify one club in their public statements. Even if they know it ultimately will be one club. They want to look somewhat tough negotiators, to the fans, if nothing else.

Talk last night he's now favourite
don't think anyone has any idea
No idea who gets the job - seems to be down to Skipworth, King, McQualter. What I have heard is Danny Daly is being targeted for director of coaching or something to support the new and young incoming head coach. Of course Daly is involved with Brisbane and hence the delay. They originally made comment that coach would be announced by end of month but the announcements go hand in hand. New coach with Daly.

No idea who gets the job - seems to be down to Skipworth, King, McQualter. What I have heard is Danny Daly is being targeted for director of coaching or something to support the new and young incoming head coach. Of course Daly is involved with Brisbane and hence the delay. They originally made comment that coach would be announced by end of month but the announcements go hand in hand. New coach with Daly.
SEN Reported last week Daly is staying in Brisbane

Well... It's not going to be so much in a club's (perceived) interests to narrow or specify one club in their public statements. Even if they know it ultimately will be one club. They want to look somewhat tough negotiators, to the fans, if nothing else.
It has in the statement Rioli has requested to go to Suns? maybe he's just asked to get home at this point

90% of the time the teams are known if you pay attention to what is being said.

Bolton to Freo is 99.9% - I’ve left .1% in the chance Warner or Pickett seek us out and Richmond demand too much. That combo is highly unlikely and hence we’ll deal for Bolton. Eagles won’t use pick 3 on Bolton.

Baker is 97% to Eagles - I’ve left 3% in the highly unlikely scenario where Eagles lowball in terms of picks and Tigers can somehow convince Baker to go to Freo. I doubt Eagles will lowball and even if they did I doubt it would change Bakers perspective of club choice. Much of the wording about Baker wanting to know the offers is interesting. I believe that’s a sense of loyalty to Richmond. I doubt it’s ego driven with regards to ‘How bad do you want me? Prove it.’

Houston is Carlton bound.

Speculation is great but it’s all time filler.

No one actually believed we were a chance for Kelly. Likewise no one believed Eagles were a chance at Jackson. Even Brockman was 99% Eagles.

Baker is seemingly the most fence sitting proposition in a long time, but he’s going to Eagles.

Baker is 97% to Eagles - I’ve left 3% in the highly unlikely scenario where Eagles lowball in terms of picks and Tigers can somehow convince Baker to go to Freo. I doubt Eagles will lowball and even if they did I doubt it would change Bakers perspective of club choice. Much of the wording about Baker wanting to know the offers is interesting. I believe that’s a sense of loyalty to Richmond. I doubt it’s ego driven with regards to ‘How bad do you want me? Prove it.’

The 3% is IMO either Baker doesn't like the coach of the coach doesn't like him. Thats the only way he doesn't end up at WCE IMO.

The 3% is IMO either Baker doesn't like the coach of the coach doesn't like him. Thats the only way he doesn't end up at WCE IMO.

It would be coach driven. As in the coach walks in with a 5 year contract and wants to hit the draft heavily. Any coach walking in to the Eagles vacancy would still want Baker especially if it gets them Graham. They’ve already alluded to splitting pick 3 and that would be to get someone like Baker but still maintaining a reasonably high pick.

Maybe 5% chance he comes to Freo, but it’s not 50/50.

His number 1 attribute is I think you’d struggle to find a single Richmond supporter that has thought he should have been dropped since he established himself in the team in 2019.

His pressure and attack on the contest/courage is about as elite as it comes. He’s very consistent, doesn’t really have any weaknesses other than stature, he’s quick and agile, versatile and he still has enough attacking flair to be a weapon when he has the ball.

I watched most of your last game of the season and it was like watching an entire team lacking Liam Bakers elite attributes.

By recruiting Baker you are basically guaranteeing yourself a top 10 player for the next 4-6 years with attributes that most players don’t have.
You should not/cannot/must not let him go under ANY circumstances!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be coach driven. As in the coach walks in with a 5 year contract and wants to hit the draft heavily. Any coach walking in to the Eagles vacancy would still want Baker especially if it gets them Graham. They’ve already alluded to splitting pick 3 and that would be to get someone like Baker but still maintaining a reasonably high pick.

Maybe 5% chance he comes to Freo, but it’s not 50/50.

I am satisfied with 5% because i don't want him. That has nothing to do with him as a player as i think he would be really valuable, but it is super clear he doesn't want to land in purple so i'd prefer we dont get him.

Can't wait till Monday, when we all think the wait is over...

..before listening to 60 hours of trade radio next week where idiots give their opinion and nothing actually happens. Then times will be good.
They used to do a good segment on the last hour of Trade radio where nuffies, mainly from big Melbourne clubs would call in with ridiculous trade suggestions - I wonder if that’s back again this year, haven’t seen it on the official schedule I don’t think

Can't wait till Monday, when we all think the wait is over...

..before listening to 60 hours of trade radio next week where idiots give their opinion and nothing actually happens. Then times will be good.
I , for one, am looking forward to listening to Josh Jenkins give his poorly researched and strangely incoherent takes on our list management.

I am satisfied with 5% because i don't want him. That has nothing to do with him as a player as i think he would be really valuable, but it is super clear he doesn't want to land in purple so i'd prefer we dont get him.

I’ve been on record as being a big Baker fan who would immediately assist us, but that pick 10 stuff spooked me.

I thought it would come down to him selecting and then 16 being the most we’d pay and I would be expecting something small or exchanges in our favour.

Now I know pick 10 won’t be the total price but it’s in looking to expensive whereas I thought he’d be a great addition at value around 20.

If he still comes as a Bolton package I’ll be pumped, but if he doesn’t and we can throw the kitchen sink at Pickett or even use 10 in the draft I will be equally pumped.

Bolton for 9&16 with stuff coming back will be satisfactory.

They used to do a good segment on the last hour of Trade radio where nuffies, mainly from big Melbourne clubs would call in with ridiculous trade suggestions - I wonder if that’s back again this year, haven’t seen it on the official schedule I don’t think
Nuffies from big Melbourne clubs with ridiculous trade suggestions? I feel like that describes every segment on Trade Radio

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back