List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you trying to suggest Will Brodie, Tom Emmett and pick 27 wont be enough to get Bolton from the Tigers?

Back to the drawing board I go

Maybe also add in the future 4th.

But you have to spend a week arguing over adding that pick.

I’ve been on record as being a big Baker fan who would immediately assist us, but that pick 10 stuff spooked me.

I thought it would come down to him selecting and then 16 being the most we’d pay and I would be expecting something small or exchanges in our favour.

Now I know pick 10 won’t be the total price but it’s in looking to expensive whereas I thought he’d be a great addition at value around 20.

If he still comes as a Bolton package I’ll be pumped, but if he doesn’t and we can throw the kitchen sink at Pickett or even use 10 in the draft I will be equally pumped.

Bolton for 9&16 with stuff coming back will be satisfactory.
Honestly I reckon Twomey is being lazy. Pick 10 is on the table as a bundle for the two players. Walls has been on the record stating that they would like to hold a first round pick in 2024 ND.

I have no idea what the secondary pieces are to keep everyone happy but I’d say Richmond aren’t fussed about picks 39,41,47.

Bolton - 9,16
Bolton/ Baker - 9,10,27 > two of the above 3 third round picks.

Honestly I reckon Twomey is being lazy. Pick 10 is on the table as a bundle for the two players. Walls has been on the record stating that they would like to hold a first round pick in 2024 ND.

I have no idea what the secondary pieces are to keep everyone happy but I’d say Richmond aren’t fussed about picks 39,41,47.

Bolton - 9,16
Bolton/ Baker - 9,10,27 > two of the above 3 third round picks.

I agree about your comments on Twomey.

I’d imagine all of our picks are on the table. Doesn’t mean they’ll literally all to be used for those 2 players.

I’ve been on record as being a big Baker fan who would immediately assist us, but that pick 10 stuff spooked me.

I thought it would come down to him selecting and then 16 being the most we’d pay and I would be expecting something small or exchanges in our favour.

Now I know pick 10 won’t be the total price but it’s in looking to expensive whereas I thought he’d be a great addition at value around 20.

If he still comes as a Bolton package I’ll be pumped, but if he doesn’t and we can throw the kitchen sink at Pickett or even use 10 in the draft I will be equally pumped.

Bolton for 9&16 with stuff coming back will be satisfactory.
What shits me is that we send OOC players back to Melbourne for picks in the 2nd/3rd round like Langdon, yet we have to stump up first rounders for similar level players coming this way. The quicker they get rid of picks and just trade with points, the better

What shits me is that we send OOC players back to Melbourne for picks in the 2nd/3rd round like Langdon, yet we have to stump up first rounders for similar level players coming this way. The quicker they get rid of picks and just trade with points, the better

We don't have to stump up at all, we just seem to be OK with paying overs for players coming back to WA.

Belly just landed in Melbourne and working the phone furiously.

Source: Sat next to him on the plane 😂
Surely you just ask for a yes/no/maybe on Pickett and Warner

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Snubbed for not carrying his carry on on presumably.
Walls would never...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Not sure people on here realise just how good Dan Houston is and how much Port need him. Cumming is as good of a replacement as they'll get IMO.

Genuinely think that if Houston goes out and at an at least decent HBF doesn't come in that's good as premiership window shut.
Cummings has dodgy strings and plays on the wing and drifts down back.
Where as Dan roves the backline like a mid-fielder where in fact he played prior to the emergence of Butters & Rozee

Yes, Port will miss Dan but he want so go home so Port will trade hard for a win for both him and the club.

Cummings has dodgy strings and plays on the wing and drifts down back.
Where as Dan roves the backline like a mid-fielder where in fact he played prior to the emergence of Butters & Rozee

Yes, Port will miss Dan but he want so go home so Port will trade hard for a win for both him and the club.
Our Lachie Schultz trade looks pretty damn good for us but we haven't replaced him.

A Houston trade may be good for Port long term but will they be able to replace him next year? I'd have Houston in Port's top five players tbh - unless Port bring someone else in or there's someone ready to step up he's a big loss for next year.

Our Lachie Schultz trade looks pretty damn good for us but we haven't replaced him.

A Houston trade may be good for Port long term but will they be able to replace him next year? I'd have Houston in Port's top five players tbh - unless Port bring someone else in or there's someone ready to step up he's a big loss for next year.
Could Aish fill that spot?
Not as good and not leaving, but could he?

Could Aish fill that spot?
Not as good and not leaving, but could he?
Port have players outside the team (or at least guys that were injured last week) that can step up to Aish's level.

Houston is a genuine A Grader in his position, whilst I think Cumming is a touch underrated tbh - Yes, he's injured a bit but very good player when fully fit.

No idea who gets the job - seems to be down to Skipworth, King, McQualter. What I have heard is Danny Daly is being targeted for director of coaching or something to support the new and young incoming head coach. Of course Daly is involved with Brisbane and hence the delay. They originally made comment that coach would be announced by end of month but the announcements go hand in hand. New coach with Daly.
Danny Daly reads like a Ted Lasso coach's name

They used to do a good segment on the last hour of Trade radio where nuffies, mainly from big Melbourne clubs would call in with ridiculous trade suggestions - I wonder if that’s back again this year, haven’t seen it on the official schedule I don’t think
There will be plenty of that. I only like it when the caller is 100% serious and has no idea of how much of an idiot they are.

Dean Towers and a 2nd for peak Fyfe is still my benchmark.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back