List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Left field - Brodie, 9 and 10 to Eagles for 3 and 13

3 for Bolton. Hopefully get a pick back but likely worse than 29.

If Baker selects Freo then it’s pick 13.

If Baker selects they give up 10.

They turn 3 and 13 into Brodie, Baker and 9.
I don’t think West Coast do that trade. If they are willing to part with 3 they probably get that involved with a Bolton deal and trump us.

Not surprising really, we may not have the cap space, or his manager may be trying to improve his deal somehow.
I thought he was on $1.2m how much improvement can you get?

I just think Managers are seeking more certainty from clubs that a deal can get struck. Sensible really when you look at how drawn out these things become.

Article on 7 news said it appears to be Fremantle as his club of choice but the media were probably just drawing that conclusion from our position with picks. The Barrass trade puts WC in the game.
Why would WC want Bolton though? Wrong age for them & not a leader. The whole reason Richmond will trade him.

A family member of Bolton posted on social media about him coming to play for Freo. His uncle Allistair Pickett has also said Freo (I think that was more his opinion on what he thought best). He's jumping ship from a wooden spooner. He's not going to another one. And they need to use their draft capital on younger players. WC are not even remotely in the picture.

A family member of Bolton posted on social media about him coming to play for Freo. His uncle Allistair Pickett has also said Freo (I think that was more his opinion on what he thought best). He's jumping ship from a wooden spooner. He's not going to another one. And they need to use their draft capital on younger players. WC are not even remotely in the picture.
And he asked Freo about coming over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no club

You’re right btw but it’s not in Richmond’s best interests to declare which club Bolton wants to go to.

It’ll come out sometime in the next two weeks and I’ll be beyond shocked if it isn’t us.

Article on 7 news said it appears to be Fremantle as his club of choice but the media were probably just drawing that conclusion from our position with picks. The Barrass trade puts WC in the game.

Pick 13 doesn’t get West Coast very close to getting Bolton unless they’re willing to trade Pick 23 as well. Would also mean Baker comes to us.

Not happening. Baker might come to us but West Coast aren’t effectively trading Barrass and their second best pick for Bolton. They need a second, probably even third pick inside 30. The draft truly screws WA rebuilding teams - no F/S, no academy but hey finish last in a 18 team comp and your second best pick is pick 30+.

That's my expectation, yes.

Until we see a Tim Kelly style nomination five days before the trade period starts.
Or an announcement as an endorsement of the new WC coach

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back