List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah was becoming pretty ambivalent to getting baker but after seeing how rubbish we are in closing out games I want the guy in .
100%
It’s actually a part of his game where he exceeds.
Likewise Bolten , where the only issue in terms of cost that concerned me was in affecting our ability to get Chad next year but honestly done with hopes and maybes just get him in
The clubs time is now

Those two alone I’m certain see us win a minimum of 2 of those close games and that puts us right in top 2 territory

And Seriously 8 , ports pick and 25 for both of them is high but Im not sure a trade like that couldn’t be viewed as anything but a win for us considering where our list is at
(Especially as it still gives us golden opportunity to still get berry in 🤞 )

Just deal with the chad next year.

Yeah was becoming pretty ambivalent to getting baker but after seeing how rubbish we are in closing out games I want the guy in 100%.
The question is if he can comfortably play JOM's half-forward role and actually contribute. It is a risk because there is a low sample size and JOM would be displaced from the team which is a waste. Don't listen to anyone that says Baker will move to the backline because it's not happening.

The question is if he can comfortably play JOM's half-forward role and actually contribute. It is a risk because there is a low sample size and JOM would be displaced from the team which is a waste. Don't listen to anyone that says Baker will move to the backline because it's not happening.
Jom, banfield take your pick he’s a massive upgrade on both just there.
He’s easily best 15 in our team

I'm not a fan of Baker at all . Is it just me??

If the club plans on getting all of Warner, Bolton and Baker, Baker is going to the backline

Baker can't defend aerially (obvs) but is mint at ground level. Would help a lot in the backline.

Baker was also one of the highest non tall score involvement players when I ran the numbers last year, which was more impressive given he was another possession or more away from the disposal scoring.

For absolute clarity, it was score involvements minus your own scoring events, so a guy kicking 1.20 from 24 score involvements has a score of three, and should Baker have 8 score involvements but only kick one goal then he has a score of seven.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club plans on getting all of Warner, Bolton and Baker, Baker is going to the backline
Baker > JOM
Bolton > Walters
Warner > Fyfe, Switta, Freddy, Sturt (whoever is not performing in our forwardline)

There is room for all three in our forwardline and actually puts pressure on our forwards to perform at the top level which they don't currently have. Wagner has pace to burn and is brilliant at rebounding, we lose that if Baker replaces him.

I will add a disclaimer that this is just my opinion for all the ❄️.

Baker > JOM
Bolton > Walters
Warner > Fyfe, Switta, Freddy, Sturt (whoever is not performing in our forwardline)

There is room for all three in our forwardline and actually puts pressure on our forwards to perform at the top level which they don't currently have. Wagner has pace to burn and is brilliant at rebounding, we lose that if Baker replaces him.

I will add a disclaimer that this is just my opinion for all the ❄️.
I don't think anyone can argue with that.

McDonald was prime , such a shame he copped that injury, he is a genuine full timer.

McDonald had been AFL standard in the past. If he stays fit all next year we have the best KPD depth in the AFL by a long way.

Don’t think he’s getting a game ahead of Draper.

We need one or two players to complete our midfield and the same in the forward IMO. As much as the whole team acting like a bunch of spuds late in close games I think filling the remaining holes and a bit of extra experience helps that maybe even completely fixes it.

Jack Martin done in the first quarter eh

Surely thats enough to put line through that

I'm with Joao that Vlastuin would actually be amazing. I'd rather him than Baker though maybe Baker over Wagner would also make a huge difference. The backline needs a winner with grunt to organise it with Pearce not the most reliable injury wise.

Maybe that has been the plan with Baker the whole time, Richmond fans are adamant his best position is the backline. He would also help with transition even if not rapid himself
Yeah as the season has gone on, Baker taking that 7th defender role is looking steadily more appealing.

I used to not like it coz it felt like we had more pressing needs and the package of attributes he brings as a defender are strange. Short so the 1 on 1 defence is a problem, not a notable interceptor for the same reasons, not a high level rebounder. But the toughness, the harrying, the ground balls won...it's what Aish is supposed to bring but on steroids.

If it's not him (either coz he goes West Coast or we choose another position for him), possible hot take: I wouldn't mind seeing us turn NOD into a rebounding defender. I believe it was his original position, he's got the attributes for it, and his intercept play since returning to the WAFL has been sneaky good.

Jack Martin done in the first quarter eh

Surely thats enough to put line through that

His lack of impact on games was enough.

He’s a classic failed high draft pick. Rated as an AFL player for 5-10 years after his draft despite showing nothing.

Rankine was out of contract. Bolton still has 4 more years on his, that’s why it costs more as the clubs can say no
I think the 4 years is overplayed a bit.

Of course Richmond can say no, but when he signed that contract they thought they could top up for another tilt. Things have changed and it may be in their best interest to hit the draft prior to Tasmania coming.

That's certainly what I would do if a reasonable trade was offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back