List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Top tier list management by Meth Coast. Trade out an experienced key defender for a 26 year old 170cm back pocket. Glorious. Liam Baker going to the club he loves to win maybe 20 games the rest of his career 🤣

The kicker for me is how McQualter got past explaining how Richmond chose Yze over him. That would have been a red flag for me considering McQualter was a known quantity within Richmond.
Seems like a country football coaching appointment,
‘I can coach like everyone else but I’ve got 2 players coming with me!’

It's not crazy. What we lacked most is exactly what Pickett/Bolton can provide up forward. Our midfield was still top shelf without Warner.

And you could get Pickett for say 900k. Warner would be well north of 1 million. Even approaching 1.4-1.5 million. That difference could be the difference in keeping a best 22 player (or even two if it is spread out).

The only caveat is I think we do need some more size/power in the midfield to replace Fyfe and help Young. But we have Johnson, O'Driscoll, Erasmus to continue developing. Even Chapman. Maybe even Jackson. And long term there is Robinson, plus I would be targeting Rivers for FA end of 2027.
I did say some would find it crazy but it does seem most or in agreeance so far.

I've got complete confidence that whilst we need more midfield depth it doesn't need to be Chad Warner level. Outside of Neale I doubt any of Brisbane's mids would be on 2/3 of what the reported contract for Warner is. Getting a Dunkley standard player (he's very good but not elite imo) if our fringe mids don't improve might be all that's needed.

Baker was always a spud. Never wanted him. Not dissapointed even a little bit.
disney classic GIF

Lots of handwringing over what players to entice etc.

My thoughts:

Chad and Bolton are sort of similar players. Bolton has more forward craft, by miles. Chad out of the middle is miles better. I mean they're not overly similar, but Pickett is an out and out small forward.

So, for me it is Bolton and Pickett OR Chad and Pickett. Of course, I'd take Bolton and Chad, but IF Bolton is near done, Pickett becomes the greater focus short term.

I really want the Bolton deal done early! But Richmond could easily just hold out for a decent amount of the trade period.

Top tier list management by Meth Coast. Trade out an experienced key defender for a 26 year old 170cm back pocket. Glorious. Liam Baker going to the club he loves to win maybe 20 games the rest of his career 🤣
It’s justified if you use that pick on a kid in a deep draft but nah they’re gonna give it away for a feel good story lol. Hope the media slam them for it

The kicker for me is how McQualter got past explaining how Richmond chose Yze over him. That would have been a red flag for me considering McQualter was a known quantity within Richmond.

Good question. But maybe Richmond just botched the choice of Yze? Kingsley was at the Saints from 2010-2018, and was overlooked for their Richardson replacement. Ratten got it as caretaker mid 2019, but then they simply kept him on. Not sure if Kingsley was in the mix?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how in the flying **** is Liam Baker worth pick 13?

Good question. But maybe Richmond just botched the choice of Yze? Kingsley was at the Saints from 2010-2018, and was overlooked for their Richardson replacement. Ratten got it as caretaker mid 2019, but then they simply kept him on. Not sure if Kingsley was in the mix?
Maybe, but obviously there was some player sentiment towards McQualter and they didn't hire him. Meanwhile the Eagles have taken the bait.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back