List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The reaction to Baker is interesting. Will be fascinating to see how he goes at west coast. Moot point now but the Last time I remember our fanbase being so underwhelmed about a potential recruit, was when we selected Caleb Serong with pick 8 in 2019 instead of Dev Robertson.

Some prominent freo fans in social media had a massive Dev Robertson campaign ongoing at that time.

If you look at the first page of Caleb’s welcome post on BF, you can sense the resignation and disappointment at the pick from many of the posts…
Hilarious reading in hindsight.

Baker will be good for them…solid player, which they need

Eagles think they're playing 4D chess. They're now banking on Baker and Graham coming to Eagles as an endorsement, but the reality is their supporters don't want those players and it's going to have an adverse reaction when they give up an early pick. Freo placed their marker at 10.

As I typed, it's reported Baker has now selected Eagles... as we all knew he would do regardless of appointment.
What are they giving up for Baker, anyone know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the Eagles would love Bolton, but there is no way they cough up 3 for him, which is the only way to offer a better deal than us. Especially not if they are actually planning to give the Tigers 13 for Baker.

It's completely irrelevant.

Bolton just isn't nominating a club out of respect for Richmond due to his 4 years.

After all of this Tiger draft haul crap, I'd be tempted to tell Shai sorry mate we'll give pick 9 for you and that's it.
Go the Eagles if ya want. Fk the Tigers and their rebuild and fk the eagles, the can have him, we are not helping 2 very powerful but now irrelevant clubs to get better.
Its starting to grate on me.

I continue to be completely bemused that everything suggests we can "get away with" 9 and 16 while Baker is consistently talked about as pick 10-15 and Rioli is clearly pick 6. We honestly seem to be comfortably getting the most reasonable price on the best and most contracted player at Richmond.

Strange times

I continue to be completely bemused that everything suggests we can "get away with" 9 and 16 while Baker is consistently talked about as pick 10-15 and Rioli is clearly pick 6. We honestly seem to be comfortably getting the most reasonable price on the best and most contracted player at Richmond.

Strange times
Seems too good to be true...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back