• Chad Warner

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The list of players you listed him replacing is absolutely ludicrous. Baker is getting pumped up way over the top here. Looking at his career averages on afl tables and it is very underwhelming for the hype around him.

(Averages) 17.96 disposals, 0.36 goals, 2.44 tackles, 0.97 clearances, 2.08 rebounds, 2.5 i50's over 110 games.

Schultz was a much better player.
He played majority as a defender.

Another one to keep the chat going, what is the max you would give Tyson Stengle to join as a free agent?

Another one to keep the chat going, what is the max you would give Tyson Stengle to join as a free agent?

800 over 3 years without even blinking, trigger option to extend and increase two more years at a mil if he keeps himself from trouble.

Everything you want a small forward to be and completely transitions us forward from SonSons retirement, worth the risk.
(Very very big caveat that it would never happen)

800 over 3 years without even blinking, trigger option to extend and increase two more years at a mil if he keeps himself from trouble.

Everything you want a small forward to be and completely transitions us forward from SonSons retirement, worth the risk.
(Very very big caveat that it would never happen)
Remembering the new cap, 800k I'd be ok with as well and would consider 5 years straight up. We've had two AA small forwards in our history and I'd pay 800k in 2025 for both of them in their prime.

Sad that we are basically ruled out before bidding even starts but I suppose we could have gotten on that train before Geelong did.

Remembering the new cap, 800k I'd be ok with as well and would consider 5 years straight up. We've had two AA small forwards in our history and I'd pay 800k in 2025 for both of them in their prime.

Sad that we are basically ruled out before bidding even starts but I suppose we could have gotten on that train before Geelong did.
Stengle, Bolton, Charlie Cameron, Rachele? probably the only few that would command that. Would do any of them. And also sign them.

He needs a big year.

Was very disappointing last year.

Off field he has been ok the last few years, but he would need to be perfect in WA. This is probably enough reason to pass.

On field, he struggled last year bit brilliant the year before. I think it is a pass.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think it will be more than 1 to be honest, we generally like to keep a spot open
You’re prob right, although this late call-up for McKenzie makes things interesting. Depends a lot on how they feel about McKenzie after his trial.

Gold Coast are waiting to have their trial (with McKenzie) and rumours are that they have been interested for sometime but needed to sort through their list management.

If we want him we will likely need to pull the trigger.

We then may also add one of the other trio. Max Beattie is a good fit but perhaps we will see how he goes back in the SANFL and he / SVR (as younger players) could be options for MSD.

What I’ve found interesting is this second position been made available by placing Kuek on LTI. Yet he is at training running laps and doing other skills and drills etc. It’s like we’ve made the decision to get a year of body conditioning into Kuek. To be honest he would unlikely have played in 2024 (a further year at Peel would be handy though).

You’re prob right, although this late call-up for McKenzie makes things interesting. Depends a lot on how they feel about McKenzie after his trial.

Gold Coast are waiting to have their trial (with McKenzie) and rumours are that they have been interested for sometime but needed to sort through their list management.

If we want him we will likely need to pull the trigger.

We then may also add one of the other trio. Max Beattie is a good fit but perhaps we will see how he goes back in the SANFL and he / SVR (as younger players) could be options for MSD.

What I’ve found interesting is this second position been made available by placing Kuek on LTI. Yet he is at training running laps and doing other skills and drills etc. It’s like we’ve made the decision to get a year of body conditioning into Kuek. To be honest he would unlikely have played in 2024 (a further year at Peel would be handy though).
There's research out there that it really should be 12 months before RTS for ACL recons or the re-injury rate is significantly higher.

That would have left only about 6 weeks of the season for Sebit to play football, assuming his recover goes smoothly.

There's research out there that it really should be 12 months before RTS for ACL recons or the re-injury rate is significantly higher.

That would have left only about 6 weeks of the season for Sebit to play football, assuming his recover goes smoothly.

I’ve said before I can see scenarios where Kuek is still on the list in 2025. Him being able to play some decent footy at WAFL level is probably part of that. I’m not saying he needs to be banging the door down for AFL selection but if he has one or two games kicking multiple goals and it doesn’t look like his athleticism has decreased he might have a chance.

I think the following has to happen for him to stay on top of the above tbh:
  • He builds his body to that of an AFL KPF or close
  • Taberner retires
  • We don’t get McDonald.
  • Voss is either not picked up, delisted or shows he’s more a medium forward than forward (which he is).

I don’t fancy a season where Odin Jones and some draftees are all we have to consider bringing into the side when Amiss and Treacy are injured. It’s great saying Jackson can play forward more but it’d make him less dangerous imo.

If Kuek or Corbett are ready for a bit of WAFL at the tail end of the season I'm sure they'll get it. Bound to be at least one or two guys with minor to moderate injuries that are season ending due to the time frame, let alone actual long term injuries.

I’ve said before I can see scenarios where Kuek is still on the list in 2025. Him being able to play some decent footy at WAFL level is probably part of that. I’m not saying he needs to be banging the door down for AFL selection but if he has one or two games kicking multiple goals and it doesn’t look like his athleticism has decreased he might have a chance.

I think the following has to happen for him to stay on top of the above tbh:
  • He builds his body to that of an AFL KPF or close
  • Taberner retires
  • We don’t get McDonald.
  • Voss is either not picked up, delisted or shows he’s more a medium forward than forward (which he is).

I don’t fancy a season where Odin Jones and some draftees are all we have to consider bringing into the side when Amiss and Treacy are injured. It’s great saying Jackson can play forward more but it’d make him less dangerous imo.
The Kuek thing is interesting, it does feel odd he’s been just ruled out for the year when he seems very well progressed. Perhaps they really did just see a chance to give a still raw talent a year off to build as much as possible while keeping him “on hold” with taking up a list spot. Not the worst idea

The Kuek thing is interesting, it does feel odd he’s been just ruled out for the year when he seems very well progressed. Perhaps they really did just see a chance to give a still raw talent a year off to build as much as possible while keeping him “on hold” with taking up a list spot. Not the worst idea
It's almost how the rookie list was supposed to be used in the first place

Is Kuek really kpf material?

Without having watched a lot of him I saw him more as 3rd tall. Competition for Sturt/Banfield even, but with the physical characteristics to force mismatches.

He's the 8th tallest player on our list and ahead of him are Knobel, Reidy, Murphy and Jones who have never played a game.

If he can play as the third tall or medium tall that's just huge - he will be better at both if he is stronger. Especially if he can play in the ruck a little bit.

Pat Voss is the only top up followed by the club on Instagram.

Bit of P.I work for ya for free. Welcome aboard or nothing in it?
Considering he seems to be standing out in the match sims too I'd say there might be something in it.

The list of players you listed him replacing is absolutely ludicrous. Baker is getting pumped up way over the top here. Looking at his career averages on afl tables and it is very underwhelming for the hype around him.

(Averages) 17.96 disposals, 0.36 goals, 2.44 tackles, 0.97 clearances, 2.08 rebounds, 2.5 i50's over 110 games.

Schultz was a much better player.
Think u r forgetting the quality of his teammates…

Back