• Chad Warner

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 6 2.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah as much as we complain about not having goal kicking mids we really don't play them with the same versatility other teams do. Don't think you'll ever find one of our mids resting forward.
Mundy used to, not so much as rest in the forward line but was frequently pushing forward. Hase, Barlow, Carr and Belly also, in the distant past. And all of them were good kicks at goal. But you’re right, none of the current mids do it, certainly not long enough

Warner won't make a difference unless we draft a small forward to replace Walters. If we can find a way to get the picks necessary to draft both I will be all for getting Warner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as a side note from the Chad Warner stuff (would obvs be a dream signing): it was mentioned on Gettable (first I heard of this, idk if this had been reported by others) that Richmond had offered Baker 4 years.

The fact that Richmond have made all this noise about doing everything to keep Baker and yet our offer (5 years) is longer than theirs (4 years) is a bit mad. Kind of our standard "1 year longer than expected" that we've seen from a fair few of the guys we've signed up.

I don’t think we can expect Winder to be the answer tbh. His off field issues were not the only reason it didn’t work at West Coast.

He’d be sort of a back up plan and/or extra swing at a small forward we select early in the National Draft later this year.

Last edited:
I don’t think we can expect Winder to be the answer tbh. His off field issues were not the only reason it didn’t work at West Coast.

He’d be sort of a back up plan and/or extra swing at a small forward we select early in the National Draft later this year.
Sometimes people need the kick up the arse to turn things around.

Liked the look of explosive goal kicking midfielder Zippy Fish from East Fremantle. Could be a target for mid season draft. Only downside is 160 cm tall.
Zippy by name....Zippy by nature.....

Also any Chad deal will need to involve his brother Corey......very close knit family, can't see big brother leaving his younger sibling behind

Back