• Chad Warner

Votes: 163 67.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

AND we've simply dealt with our fair share of tuff t***ies so time to pay the MFing piper!

Saying he wasn’t the best player and he was disappointing are two different things.

Outside of a few good years you could see his limitations and that they’d stop him ever being a gun player consistently.

Disappointing for example is watching Rhys Palmer have one of the best debut seasons ever and barely playing another good game again.

We can afford to carry Drizzy for another year to see if he gets a run at it.
Hughes and Tabs should be delisted along with Corbett, and as we’re giving up three firsts for Warner and one for Baker we won’t be adding too much else 🥸

We have to make at least 3 selections in the draft so if we trade some one in we need at least 4 spots. Also I’m pretty sure that Voss has Corbett LT injury spot so delisting Corbett doesn’t give us an extra spot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saying he wasn’t the best player and he was disappointing are two different things.

Outside of a few good years you could see his limitations and that they’d stop him ever being a gun player consistently.

Disappointing for example is watching Rhys Palmer have one of the best debut seasons ever and barely playing another good game again.
Palmer did his knee and that was it. Poor bloke.

Yeah, I did a raised eyebrow listening to that on the way in then read that from Ralph. We seem to have moved to saying it's an interesting back story to "this is happening this year or next" very quickly

Twomey mentioned it on “Gettable” a week before before Ralph stole it and printed it as his own

Barass basically saying to wce to come to the party with what they promised

Would hurt more when they've come to the party for Yeo yet still haven't after they promised him a year ago

I reckon naming Duggan as co-captain rather than him wouldn’t have helped either

See I would say the last thing we need is midfielders. Yet we are going after Chad Warner. Bottom line Chad and McDonald are good talents so you just make it work.

Jackson can legit play anywhere so im confident it could work.
I’m with you on this one

MAcD would be the stay at home forward and Amiss play up the ground more off half forward in a Riewoldt / Darling type role

Jackson just rotates with Darcy taking the pressure off the big fella and floats around the ground where required

Then move on Brodie and maybe Raz , bring in Warner ( I don’t actually think this will happen but humour me )

That’s a solid team

Logan McDonald averages:

-0.1 Marks on lead: Treacy/Amiss
+0.6 Marks on lead: Joel Amartey
+0.9 Marks on lead: Luke Jackson

-0.1 Marks inside fifty: Josh Treacy
+0.1 Marks inside fifty: Jye Amiss
+1.1 Marks inside fifty: Luke Jackson

-1.0 Total Marks: Josh Treacy
+1.7 Total Marks: Jye Amiss
+2.3 Total Marks: Luke Jackson

-0.5 Goals: Josh Treacy
= Goals: Jye Amiss
+0.6 Goals: Luke Jackson

Logan McDonald would be our second most useful tall - forward of the half back line.

I think McDonald would become the 2nd forward behind Treacy with both roaming for marks moving the ball out of defense, Amiss would be the medium forward who is genuinely capable of playing tall or small (a nightmare matchup), Luke Jackson will be the one exploiting the extra tall match up.

I expect all four of these players will be better next season and I think a game plan can be built around McDonald, Treacy and Jackson being marking targets outside of the forward fifty when we are trying to move the ball.

It will do wonders for slowing opposition ball movement if we can have the likes of Treacy and McDonald dragging their defenders up field, marking, then moving the turnover position another 50m+ away from defensive goal.

Don't get me wrong, Amiss and Jackson are the talents up forward. Treacy and McDonald will outwork the defenders around them. McDonald makes Amiss and Jackson more dangerous since both are a threat when the ball hits the ground but they will get the 3rd or 4th defender.

Let’s see what the bulldogs do this week, they are playing Darcy, Naughton, JUH, Lobb and English will be a good example of how to play 4 tall forwards or not to play

Let’s see what the bulldogs do this week, they are playing Darcy, Naughton, JUH, Lobb and English will be a good example of how to play 4 tall forwards or not to play

They're playing North that (before our team sheet came out today) have the worst KPD line-up in the league. I'm not sure it's a great barometer

He was soft as butter and I reckon 70% of his goals came from soft frees when he was at the top of the square. or in junk time.

He also had the luck of Pav getting double teamed and he still couldn't stand up. there'd be literally no one better or a better situation to do your apprenticeship in and he just... never took the chance.

One of the most disappointing Freo Dockers of all time. I'd say he's one of the worst 100 gamers ever.
Most flog post I've ever seen on this board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much different to what we do already

English = Darcy
Lobb = Jackson
Darcy = Treacy
JUH = Amiss

Just positionally not level wise, can swap Lobb and Darcy's role depending on who second rucks

Something that was mentioned on Gettable this week with Cal further elaborating on the "Chad almost went to Freo a few years ago" thing he mentioned a month or so ago:
  • Nearly went back to WA a few years ago when he had interest in joining Dockers during a trade period
  • Got shut down by the Swans as he was under contract
  • They drafted his brother after that too
By definition, that means it happened either in the 2020 or (more likely) the 2021 trade period. So either following his first year (if it happened in 2020) or, given he re-signed April 2021, only about 6 months after he had re-signed into 2023 (if it happened in 2021).

Not much different to what we do already

English = Darcy
Lobb = Jackson
Darcy = Treacy
JUH = Amiss

Just positionally not level wise, can swap Lobb and Darcy's role depending on who second rucks

But you forgot Naughton, they have 4 tall forwards plus a ruck, we have 3 plus a ruck

Naughton = Sturt/Banfield? They are tall this round
But you forgot Naughton, they have 4 tall forwards plus a ruck, we have 3 plus a ruck

Huh true, it was right on the page Infront of me and I didn't even register Naughton is back, why did I think he was gone for nearly the season?

You're right it'll be a good one to watch, sucks it's only against north

People said the same thing about Treacy at the start of the year. ;)

I agree with Snuffaluphagus about the overrating of Treacy but I think he’s a solid B/C grade key forward and a good team man. Ceiling which is a few years away is probably a Tim Membrey level player. That’s probably being optimistic even.

I think Docker82 and Snuff are gone a bit over the top on McDonald though. he’s just potential so far to me. Hell of a lot of unknowns still.

He ain’t in the Amiss/king brothers/JUH class - don’t kid yourselves. I like him, he’s a nice player. He’s not an AA level superstar though.

I’d have him very very similar to Van Rooyen actually. In fact, JVR could well be a better player in the long run. Would genuinely agonise if I have a choice of either to join our list tomorrow.

Said it before but I see Logan mcdonald tracking on a very similar trajectory to Todd Marshall or Eric Hipwood.
Comfortable 200 game players for sure.

Troubling the All Australian selectors though on any given year? Winning a coleman medal? Nah. Not for me based on what we have seen so far anyway.
Geez. That's a terrible take looking at that past post Dockeroo :)

Edit: Ahhh, you're comparing Logan to Hipwood\Marshall hey? My bad. :) Thought this was Treacy. Carry on... :p

Last edited:
Why do free agent compensation picks not come from the team signing the free agent? Ridiculous that the team getting the player pays nothing but the other 16 clubs "pay" for it by having draft picks pushed down the order.
I have always thought that would be the best way to do things

Team that gets the free agent has to provive the compensation to the team thats losing the player

Back