List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically I'd think it's just Noddy and Emmett getting 1 year deals though right? Voss, Sturt and Banners definitely need at least two.

I think they’ll be one or two others getting one year deals tbh - wouldn’t be surprised if we gave Knobel two. Don’t think we’re cutting any more than six and possibly could be as low as five.

In regards to the players you’ve mentioned I think you’re right tbh. I think we’ll cut Taberner, Hughes, Corbett and Reidy. That leaves Stanley and Kuek as Williams doesn’t really count. If someone gets traded I could see both Stanley and Kuek surviving the cut tbh but they could also both be delisted.

We don't have the list space to take an over paid, injury prone player who does not deliver.

He plays about 50% of games each year.
Averages about 1 goal a game, 2 to 2.5 tackles per game and 10 possessions.

He is not an upgrade on Sturt or Banfield.
What the 2 finals he played last year and tell me he’s not an upgrade.

Freo won’t have to over pay to get him, will be a free swing

I also don’t get the list spot argument? Freo will only take 3 picks to draft at most, there is no guarantee they even trade anyone in? Bolton & Warner are contracted baker will probably pick WCE

Last edited:
Martins Full Games from last year.

Noone is saying he's the difference, but he would be handy until a younger small develops.

DescriptionDateOpponentResultKHBDMGBTHOGAI50CLCGR50FFFABL
Preliminary Final​
Sep 23​
4​
6​
10​
2​
2​
1​
4​
0​
0​
5​
1​
1​
0​
1​
0​
Elimination Final​
Sep 8​
6​
6​
12​
5​
2​
0​
2​
0​
1​
0​
0​
7​
2​
1​
5​
Round 24​
Aug 27​
3​
4​
7​
1​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
2​
0​
0​
0​
Round 23​
Aug 19​
Suns
10​
4​
14​
6​
2​
2​
4​
0​
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
Round 22​
Aug 12​
6​
9​
15​
3​
1​
0​
4​
0​
0​
1​
2​
1​
0​
2​
0​
Round 21​
Aug 6​
6​
9​
15​
5​
1​
0​
3​
0​
0​
2​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
Round 20​
Jul 28​
7​
5​
12​
5​
3​
1​
2​
0​
1​
2​
0​
6​
0​
1​
3​
1​
Round 18​
Jul 15​
5​
4​
9​
5​
1​
1​
2​
0​
0​
1​
0​
2​
0​
0​
1​
Round 17​
Jul 9​
5​
9​
14​
1​
0​
1​
4​
0​
1​
2​
2​
7​
0​
3​
4​
Round 16​
Jul 2​
12​
0​
12​
6​
3​
1​
3​
0​
0​
2​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​

I think there’s a very good reason for our Christmas present signings, it’s because we are front loading those players new contracts with whatever is left for the following year after the trade/draft/DFA periods have ended.
I think Andy doesn’t get done until we know for certain that both Warner and Bolton aren’t coming this year, I also think it’s why we have a lot of cash to play with as Serong and then Cox and Darcy last year have already had their big pay outs of their long term contracts. I imagine Jackson already had his in his 1st year, it’s risky if you have mercenaries like Lobb (Young) in your team, but I back the loyalty of those we have done it with recently and Brayshaw this year.

If he’s fit he’s a better player then Sturt & banfield

He’s the kind of player freo don’t have on there list when fit
Well... He fits a different mold than either and you're looking for different things. "Upgrade" would be like saying you're upgrading a Navel with a Jazz.

It's all about the price tag. Obviously a free swing to land, but you'd think the salary cap slice might be a chunky one.

It’s an interesting debate but freo are clearly interested in Martin. Cal twomey is usually all over this kind of stuff
Twomey hasn't said we're interested in Martin. He was standing next to Riley Beveridge who's literally the only person who's named Martin in any trade discussions. Twomey didn't say a word about Martin.

And Beveridge actually said he's not aware of us being interested but mentioned we've had past interest. Doesn't sound very convincing to me - even the person staying it isn't convinced!

Twomey hasn't said we're interested in Martin. He was standing next to Riley Beveridge who's literally the only person who's named Martin in any trade discussions. Twomey didn't say a word about Martin.

And Beveridge actually said he's not aware of us being interested but mentioned we've had past interest. Doesn't sound very convincing to me - even the person staying it isn't convinced!
Twomey said it about 2 months ago on SEN that freo are interested in him,

Beveridge said he’s not sure if he goes to Freo… no one would be sure.

I’m honestly not fussed weather he comes or not I’ll back Walls in

But freo have a lack of match winning ability in the front half. A fit Martin helps that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey said it about 2 months ago on SEN that freo are interested in him,

Beveridge said he’s not sure if he goes to Freo… no one would be sure.

I’m honestly not fussed weather he comes or not I’ll back Walls in

But freo have a lack of match winning ability in the front half. A fit Martin helps that
Aren't you the guy that said we should chase Josh Schache last year?

If he’s fit he’s a better player then Sturt & banfield

He’s the kind of player freo don’t have on there list when fit
"If he's fit" is not the gamble you take on a bloke who will be 31 and hasn't played more than 16 games in a season for the last 7 years (13, 12, 11, 15, 16 and 16) including just a solitary game this year.

The guy can't get on the field let alone perform above what we currently have on the list when he does. For example, Sturt has averaged more than a goal a game in every season he's played with just shy of 2 goals per game this season while Martin has only gone at a goal per game once in his 11 year career. I don't see whose spot in the 23 he'd threaten other than Sonny and we have others likely to take that position along with the midfield now rotating to the forwardline.

Martin simply wouldn't get a game unless things were going very wrong for us and incredibly well for Martin (injury and form wise). We are better off using that list spot on a kid to develop in this draft.

The very thought of chasing Jack Martin makes me throw up in my mouth.

Go for Bolton, and/or The Chad.

Realistically I'd think it's just Noddy and Emmett getting 1 year deals though right? Voss, Sturt and Banners definitely need at least two.
wonder what voss is thinking about the club full stop tbh. unless someone gets injured long term, or Darcy unexpectedly moves on I’m not sure what the best 22 path is?

wonder what voss is thinking about the club full stop tbh. unless someone gets injured long term, or Darcy unexpectedly moves on I’m not sure what the best 22 path is?
Has he shown enough to get a best 22 gig elsewhere?

IMO, even if mainly due to lack of games, the answer is no. Not many teams have better KPFs in the reserves though.

He's just been given a second opportunity. I think that'll be enough for him to at least want to stay past this year. Most if not all other KPFs on our list will be delisted at the end of the year so they should be opportunity next year - Who else would we actually bring in realistically if one of Amiss, Treacy, Darcy or Jackson was injured?

Aren't you the guy that said we should chase Josh Schache last year?
2 years ago yep Who knows could have been the next Buddy Franklin at freo… look what freo have turned treacy into!

I also said sharp would be a steal last year!

Can’t win them all

Has he shown enough to get a best 22 gig elsewhere?

IMO, even if mainly due to lack of games, the answer is no.
yeah fair question, probably shown enough that someone struggling (ie Richmond) would give him a good shot up forward given lack of options

I think he's at his third club by 22, has finally been given games and should bite a hand off for a 3-4 years contract. As we did with Treacy, we've shown we are open to improving the terms if needed.

"If he's fit" is not the gamble you take on a bloke who will be 31 and hasn't played more than 16 games in a season for the last 7 years (13, 12, 11, 15, 16 and 16) including just a solitary game this year.

The guy can't get on the field let alone perform above what we currently have on the list when he does. For example, Sturt has averaged more than a goal a game in every season he's played with just shy of 2 goals per game this season while Martin has only gone at a goal per game once in his 11 year career. I don't see whose spot in the 23 he'd threaten other than Sonny and we have others likely to take that position along with the midfield now rotating to the forwardline.

Martin simply wouldn't get a game unless things were going very wrong for us and incredibly well for Martin (injury and form wise). We are better off using that list spot on a kid to develop in this draft.
If he’s playing in a prelim final team last year when fit, he’s getting pretty close to being in freo team…

Freo need forward talent now. Draft another kid then wait 2 years?

I think he's at his third club by 22, has finally been given games and should bite a hand off for a 3-4 years contract. As we did with Treacy, we've shown we are open to improving the terms if needed.
yeah fair, but think equally if we give him 2 years I’d be surprised if he wasn’t doing a ring around after that to try and get a more regular gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back