Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We need 2 small forwards kicking 20 to 30 goals each, and providing pressure.

Winder and Richards would be brilliant

1 or 2 outside mids, who can hit a player on a lead and run all day.

Would be very handy late in game to have a player who has a massive tank. It would also help our forwards.

When would they be brilliant? What season are you hoping that they are 20-30 goal a year small forwards?

Hmmm we've pretty much got that with Frederick and Sturt tbh.

We need both a genuine crumber rather than a medium forward and a HFF that can hit the scoreboard. That and I think we need a non-tall getting to 40+
Agree to disagree

I don't think we have a genuine crumber in our side.

We have missed Schultz this year.

Agree to disagree

I don't think we have a genuine crumber in our side.

We have missed Schultz this year.
I think you'll find I said we need a crumber.

Not sure amount of goals from the forward line as a group is that much of a concern if we find that missing piece.

I wouldn't be against adding someone who pressures like Schultz to the side of we can't find a gun small. Watching Switta and Frederick (who can't stick a tackle btw) chase and no one else is alarming. Reckon it adds one to two goals a game.

Surely we persist with Voss, he is only 20 years old and a couple of years behind Treacey in terms of game exposure so we are going to have to be patient.
My comment Question mark is more around whether they will make the grade. Also add Delean to that list. I’m not saying he shouldn’t be retained just a question mark on whether he will become a solid/good AFL key forward. He should absolutely be persisted with.

He has come into the club and developed reasonably well off an unusual pre-season. His games at AFL whilst trying hard have shown he is a long way off it at the moment.

I'm on the need a mature, back up KPD train and have been for a while. Pearce hasn't got the best injury history, Cox similar and I see him more as a McGovern type. Ryan not a KP, Draper and Davies need time to develop, and MacDonald could be anything. Always good to have a back up for the back ups.

Also, lets not forget the club were happy to keep Hamling but he wanted a longer term deal and more game time (which worked out well). Let's not pretend that he would have been playing this year with the injuries we had.
I rate the development opportunity Draper got this year highly and would hate that to have been taken away by playing a plodder instead.

Davis is going to need senior opportunities as well, and Murphy should be the best of the lot based on his predraft biog.

The only way I want a tall defender in the draft is if they are if they have multi-positional potential (Curtin).

You could of said the same thing about Draper and Davies.

Davies wasn’t ready and was pretty average.
Draper has had good and bad but has great support in Ryan Cox Etc.

Knobel playing means we’ve had a bunch of injuries to key players or Reidys left etc.
He’s playing ressies ffs. Surely we’re past the point of wanting kids to play for the hell of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we don’t give up our magic beans for Bolton/Baker. There have been chats about our performances being on par with the Connolly era, but I’m concerned our trading could go the same way.

2004 Freo finish 9th, convinced that they can make the next step via the trade table they blow 3 picks (inc 1st rounder) on a 24yo Josh Carr. Spoiler alert - he didn’t bring the promised land with him. We were underachieving by his 3rd season, on the skids by his 4th and he was back to Port after that.

We have gaps, and the draft gives the opportunity to fill them. We don’t need a first year player to carry the team - just contribute. Someone like a Weightman (Berry) is way more attractive to me on a risk basis.
This is it. If we don't go to the draft we are just doing what we have always done in the past and it will bite us like it always does.

This is it. If we don't go to the draft we are just doing what we have always done in the past and it will bite us like it always does.

Sure…I’m sure Richmond and Geelong are regretting trading for Prestia, Lynch and Dangerfield because a few trades failed

And I also can’t see a world where Bolton costs more than 9 and 10. More likely 9 amd whatever the Port pick ends up at and then we can try and add Baker for the Saints pick. Still leaves us with a first to use…

So effectively we add two guaranteed AFL quality, proven premiership players, and a first round draft pick.

I really don’t understand the reticence tbh, having seen the way our season has panned out

Hmmm we've pretty much got that with Frederick and Sturt tbh.

We need both a genuine crumber rather than a medium forward and a HFF that can hit the scoreboard. That and I think we need a non-tall getting to 40+
Yeah we need class at ground level and a tackling presence. Basically Schultz but hopefully quicker and more skillful.
9+10+F2 for Baker, Bolton *19
Gonna get it done ?
No chance.

9+10+F2 for Baker, Bolton *19
Gonna get it done ?

Not even close. Richmond won't be giving anything of significance back. Our F2 also doesn't have too much value for Richmond as they would be predicting it to blow out into the 30's.

And we need to have Richmond paying a large chunk of Bolton's salary. We will be paying for that. Also consider how Walls handed over a huge haul for Jackson to get the deal done. People need to be prepared that this potential trade will cost us more than they are hoping.

My prediction would be our two best first rounders (essentially for Bolton + salary relief), then we will haggle over our remaining 1st or the Saints second (essentially for Baker).

I don't think it is essential to use a 1st over the next few drafts ... the rule for drafting in firsts over a rolling window is a grey area and we should easily get an exemption with the age/strength of our list. So I won't be surprised to see all 3 firsts out the door to Richmond. That's what they will be demanding. Maybe we can get a F3 back for NGA bid matching.

And I also can’t see a world where Bolton costs more than 9 and 10. More likely 9 amd whatever the Port pick ends up at and then we can try and add Baker for the Saints pick. Still leaves us with a first to use…

So effectively we add two guaranteed AFL quality, proven premiership players, and a first round draft pick.

I really don’t understand the reticence tbh, having seen the way our season has panned out

If we can make that happen it will be huge for the club.

Does Baker want to come to us? And will Richmond want more than 9 and 15-16?

Not even close. Richmond won't be giving anything of significance back. Our F2 also doesn't have too much value for Richmond as they would be predicting it to blow out into the 30's.

And we need to have Richmond paying a large chunk of Bolton's salary. We will be paying for that. Also consider how Walls handed over a huge haul for Jackson to get the deal done. People need to be prepared that this potential trade will cost us more than they are hoping.

My prediction would be our two best first rounders (essentially for Bolton + salary relief), then we will haggle over our remaining 1st or the Saints second (essentially for Baker).

I don't think it is essential to use a 1st over the next few drafts ... the rule for drafting in firsts over a rolling window is a grey area and we should easily get an exemption with the age/strength of our list. So I won't be surprised to see all 3 firsts out the door to Richmond. That's what they will be demanding. Maybe we can get a F3 back for NGA bid matching.

I find the thought of three firsts painful.

And I am someone who doesn't rate the draft as highly as others. I would prefer to keep one of them and not get Baker. That way we have a good first and a good second.

Has there been a change in the news on Baker? I thought he was a big Eagles fan and wanted to head there?

And I am someone who doesn't rate the draft as highly as others. I would prefer to keep one of them and not get Baker. That way we have a good first and a good second.

Has there been a change in the news on Baker? I thought he was a big Eagles fan and wanted to head there?
unless he is going for big money what solid player in his mid 20's want to go to a team where you won't be challanging for finals for 3 years?

Nobody ITK has committed I don't think. Even Twomey doesn't seem to know and he usually would by this point.

I wouldn't be overly happy with it either, but just trying to be realistic. Hopefully we can get away with 2 x firsts and the Saints second. Or as you say not go after Baker. I'm concerned about Baker's salary and the impact on getting Warner. But it seems people are talking about Bolton/Baker as a package deal. Maybe that's just out of convenience.

I think there would also be a train of thought that with WC going with a new coach, the rebuild and draft will have even more focus, and they should not be giving up valuable draft capital for someone who will be approaching the end by the time they are any good again. And from Baker's perspective, he might as well stay at Richmond.

Banfield's days are numbered in my opinion, has been far too costly to the side over the last month or so, you can't forgive so many screw ups in such a short time period.

If he's been holding out on signing the contract to show his worth to get that extra year... he's in for a wake up. Absolute stunk of late and should be moved to the rookie list and lucky to get anything more than a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back