List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From SEN Trade Bell:

Christian Petracca

“These are the facts as we know it. He wants to leave Melbourne. He wants to play for another club. He wants it to be a big Victorian club with all the resources that sit behind that,” Edmund said.

“Over the weekend and into yesterday he made it clear to the Demons that he wants to be traded with the five years remaining on that contract worth $1 million per season.

“Melbourne remain absolutely resolute publicly and privately that he will not be traded under any circumstances.

“I can tell you Melbourne aren’t even completely clear as to what his issues are, which is incredible.

“Depending on who Petracca talks to, it’s different. If he talks to the players, his issue is with the leadership of the club and when he talks to the leadership, his issue is with the players and the off-field stuff.

“The brand side of things has always been very important to him and then there’s even some who wonder whether his relationship with Ben Simmons on the other side of the planet had something to do with it all.

“The club is so disappointed and so bemused by it all. They’re completely perplexed. They thought it would simmer down, but it’s now abundantly clear that that’s not the case.

“Some relationships with teammates are going to need repairing if he is to remain there. There’s some real frustration there.”

Harry McKay

“I’ve touched base with the manager of Harry McKay, who emphatically shut down any chance he would be involved. He is an absolute no (on being traded) 100 per cent.”

“ABSOLUTELY NO WAY”: MANAGER OF CARLTON FORWARD MCKAY SHUTS DOWN MELBOURNE RUMOURS

Richmond's looming exodus

“It’s the best chance they’ll ever get to fast-track their rebuild in a deep and consistent draft.”

Shai Bolton, the trade request with four years to run on a contract worth more than $1 million a season. Wants to get back to WA. Fremantle has the draft picks to make it possible.

Daniel Rioli is contracted for another three, wants to play for Gold Coast, they want him and they have the first round picks.”

Liam Baker wants to get back to WA as well. West Coast fan as a kid. That’s the most likely.

“Well the most likely is Jack Graham who has four years on offer from West Coast as an unrestricted free agent.”

Ivan Soldo

“It is an absolute watch. He hasn’t even been there 12 months yet. He’s got a level of disenchantment a year into his career at Port Adelaide.”

“He’s battled a knee injury and has now lost his spot in the side. It’s one to keep an eye on. It hasn’t quite worked out for him at Port Adelaide.”

Luke Davies-Uniacke

“He’s a free agent next year. I don’t expect him to be going anywhere. I think if you’re a North supporter, you can breathe relatively easily.”

Jake Stringer

“He’s pushing hard for two years. Bombers offering one. I think he gets the two, but this is always a fascinating watch.”

Nick Haynes

Nick Haynes played on the weekend. It’ll be his last season at the Giants ahead of a move to Carlton as an unrestricted free agent. This one should happen no issue.”

Matt Owies

“He’s kicked the third most goals for Carlton and can’t get a new deal, in fact the Blues won’t even enter into negotiations with him.”

“List spots are tight, the Camporeale twins are coming in, the cap is tight, he’s being made to wait.

Caleb Marchbank, Jack Martin and David Cuningham are all out of contract and facing uncertain futures.”

Harry Perryman

“Unrestricted free agent, is finding it hard to justify staying at the Giants and is finding that tough because he loves the Giants.”

“Hawthorn are at the table here, but I’d bet on Port Adelaide if he does leave. The Giants have offered six years, but the finances aren’t what they appear.”

Isaac Cumming

“Port Adelaide have also come late to snare Isaac Cumming, but the Crows are in the box seat – could be as much as a five-year deal from the Crows.”

“At Adelaide, it’s shaping up to be an active trade period when you factor in Jack Lukosius and Alex Neal-Bullen as well.”

Jack Lukosius

“We did raise this back in April. Several rival clubs knew he was gettable and it has played out that way. My information is the Suns would facilitate a trade for him.”

“His contracted until 2026, so this is not a Jack Bowes situation. He’s on the hit-list for Adelaide.”

Adam Tomlinson

“Set to leave Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent. Wants more opportunity. Just wants to play. Is St Kilda the home as his third club?”

Josh Battle

“It would be a shock if it’s not Hawthorn. Sam Mitchell has really driven this.”

Tom Barrass

“This is a really strange one. He rejected Sydney’s interest twice due to loyalty to West Coast, logistical and family reasons, took less money to stay, but thought they’d scratch his back and look after him. The restructuring of that contract hasn’t been to the levels he wanted. Hawthorn’s offered five years.”

Bailey Smith

“You’d be absolutely staggered if it was anyone other than Geelong.”

I would not be giving up pick 4 for quids. If anything I would be trying to get in another top 10 pick. Its going to be hard, but there may be a club who is stupidly desperate for the "missing piece" (TM) that they'll do something stupid, like we did with Gibbs.

I would also be keen on Luko only at the right price. his price has gone further down being recalled for the last round and having another typical Luko game.

Would look at swapping our F1 for a top 10 pick this year. Bring in Luko. Perryman or Cumming as a FA. Draft Draper and another quality pure midfielder. Welsh. Project ruckman. Job done.

I don’t think F1 are going to be looked at for too 10 picks this year - North, West Coast, Essendon all need to get better now

Richmond maybe if they get too many firsts for trade outs - still unlikely to see a top 10 pick though

Saints also need to get better sooner. Just no obvious reason why anyone would delay a pick in a good draft

GC will need theirs to get ahead of a Lombard bid

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gold Coast an interesting watch

I feel we need more run and linebreaking out the back (hopefully Ryan gets a go next year) and had previously touted Noble as one who could help

Notice GC two trade targets - Rioli and Noble. Both bring great speed and it’s clear how GC are looking to set up next year

I feel we need more run and linebreaking out the back (hopefully Ryan gets a go next year) and had previously touted Noble as one who could help

Notice GC two trade targets - Rioli and Noble. Both bring great speed and it’s clear how GC are looking to set up next year

Yep reckon we need one of that kind of player and 1-2 speedy smart small forwards

What is our strategy? Really hard to see based on current list management.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is our strategy? Really hard to see based on current list management.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed we don’t seem to be drafting a type. Hawthorn seem to have drafted a lot of nimble guys are forward who can do some damage - and traded in running half back/wings in Amon and Impey

We have quiet an athletic and tall back area - Max, Worrell, Hinge etc but not a lot of pace. We never have seemed to prioritise speed

Cumming & ANB are locks for you guys (I was with a prominent Crows person over the weekend)
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Good news, while not elite players, they will improve our team. I hear ANB is well respected on field, we need better on field leadership to support Dawson. Anything about Luko, or is he going to your mob?

Bit to play out here still. I couldn't get a definitive answer about him but from what I could tell is that he isn't a 100% guarantee to be in SA next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit to play out here still. I couldn't get a definitive answer about him but from what I could tell is that he isn't a 100% guarantee to be in SA next year

That sounds a bit like GC don't want him, SA teams do but they're not willing to spend much draft capital to get him, potentially other teams interstate like North who need some taller players might offer more.

That sounds a bit like GC don't want him, SA teams do but they're not willing to spend much draft capital to get him, potentially other teams interstate like North who need some taller players might offer more.
Sounds like one of those trades that will go down to the wire with neither team backing down. If we are smart will will put our 2nd rounder on the table and basically say take it or leave it. Suns will eventually take it as they know he doesn't really want to be there. If they don't accept then we move on and he comes to us next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back