List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think list management had a choice unfortunately. We don’t know how the games trigger was structured, but Nicks retaining Smith for months longer than he should’ve this year likely played a crucial role in his extension.
So many failures keep coming back to Nicks mismanagement.

The best delist the club could do for our future is Nicks.

He was reported to be signing a contract a month ago, not sure why it hasn’t been made official yet

I wouldn’t mind him if he’s available, and we don’t end up with Luko
Probably because it's not been signed off on, season's done so shouldn't be any hold ups on the club side.

Mason Wood a done deal though.

Yep so the list maths in that situation would be

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unisgned)
Himmelberg (unisgned)
Bond (unsigned)

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Borlase
Pick 4
Second draft pick (Welsh)
FREE LIST SPOT - this spot would be taken if we retain Bond

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (unsigned)
Hamill (unsigned)
Borlase (to senior list)

IN:
T. Murray
FREE LIST SPOT
FREE LIST SPOT

So delisting Bond we'd get three list spots, for a total of six new players. Retaining Bond, we get two list spots for a total of five new players.
5aa said c burgess was unsigned tonight. i do not know source but would give one extra main spot. could delist a payout if there is some piddly contract but i share the concerns about list spots.

5aa said c burgess was unsigned tonight. i do not know source but would give one extra main spot. could delist a payout if there is some piddly contract but i share the concerns about list spots.
Out: Sloane, McHenry, Gollant, Burgess, Himmelberg, Smith (to rookie list)
In: Pick 4, Welsh, Borlase, Cumming, ANB, Lukosius

Complicated further if Keane does request a trade, or maybe less complicated if it means we wouldn’t have to move Smith to the rookie list.

Smith reached the trigger for automatic extension. Some are arguing he shouldn’t have been allowed to reach that trigger. Didn’t we have a fair few injuries this season year?
We always had an option to replace Smith earlier than we did.

Even Smith was apologising to his team mates for his poor form... but our weak selection committee kept picking him even though we were losing games & badly needed all players in decent form.

Another reminder that we lack selection integrity & Nicks just isn't up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH … I’m a bit meh on this years rumoured trade targets
Lukosious .. good player, elite disposal. Definite improve .. but could Curtin fill this role, and maybe better?
Cumming. … nice player, probable improve. But is he durable? And he isn’t elite, has had enough time to prove otherwise
Rosas .. would add speed to our forward line and we need that! I think he adds most to the squad. Would be happy with bringing him on board.

In summary, happy to bring any of the above on board but not concerned if we miss out. I just don’t think any are elite talents, and that’s what we need the most!

Complicated further if Keane does request a trade, or maybe less complicated if it means we wouldn’t have to move Smith to the rookie list.
We clearly need another pick at the national draft
Berry should have been gone but now he has signed, bond may miss if all those players came in. But more likely is we arent getting lukosius and cumming

What do we think could be the play for 2025?
Hopefully we haven’t given up our F1 pick to get Lukosius.

If we play finals Sharp is probably out of reach.
Trade targets?

Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, ??
If we use Murphy, Berry and Laird as our primary, 1st choice midfielders would that put us back in the Sharp game.(joking of course)

The kid looks really good. Do you think he will better than JHF?

I wouldn't have thought so. JHF will probably win multiple brownlows.
Who can tell, but from my eye, he looks a very very talented kid who only just turned 17 a couple of months ago and he just dominated an SANFL final in his underage year against the best and toughest midfield in the comp. Not a bad audition at that level.

Another big prob is that IMO we should be strongly going after Dodson. Ticks so many boxes. Mad not to. Doesn't look like his cost will be eye watering in terms of draft picks, won't be top 5, top 10 unlikely, somewhere 10-20. South Australian. Looked like going to basketball but fell into our lap. So we need another draft spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back