List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you seriously suggesting throwing in an 18 yo rookie KPP ....I think you're pulling my leg

My concerns over depth of "experienced" players have been posted the last 2 years in fact ....if there's a bonus on this year, it's that we've played a fair portion of the list due to injuries ....wasn't it 42 players ?

I did hear, at the Round 15 junction, we'd only had 9 players to play every game .....most of the top sides are 14-16

With 2-3 incoming senior players ..plus a couple of returning injured players ...our depth issue should be a thing of the past

You can do what you're suggesting with Ryan & Edwards, when there's more experience around them ....we had games whereby we played 4 X 1st year Rooks in the same team PLUS a few others with less than 20 games .....you're not winning too many games with that mix

Lastly ....IMO McHenry & Hamill are pretty even with GC players 26-28

Yeah, why the **** not? As we’ve both said, we aren’t in a position to win, so what would be the harm?

Who knows, we might even find another Calsher Dear.

Yeah, why the **** not? As we’ve both said, we aren’t in a position to win, so what would be the harm?

Who knows, we might even find another Calsher Dear.
Are you talking next year ? .....how long do we want to experiment with players, because if that's the mindset, you're never going to achieve anything

GEEL have no issues keeping their rooks / trades in the VFL for long periods .....I know you're well aware of the Mannagh & Humphries stories ....patience has its rewards

Any chance he can train with us over summer? Spend a few months in his ear
good idea... tell him play crap slip down the order. honestly doubt we will have a first rounder next year. we will be throwing the kitchen sink at our list this year to save nix job

Are you talking next year ? .....how long do we want to experiment with players, because if that's the mindset, you're never going to achieve anything

GEEL have no issues keeping their rooks / trades in the VFL for long periods .....I know you're well aware of the Mannagh & Humphries stories ....patience has its rewards

If they hadn't freed up list spots by cutting dead weight, they'd not have been able to add those 2.

...... Lastly ....IMO McHenry & Hamill are pretty even with GC players 26-28
I'll research that when I get back from holidays because that's hard to believe, but I wouldn't be bench marking us against perrenial underachievers GC anyway!

Persisting with McSpud and Murphy just robbed valuable development games from worthy young players to achieve nothing. Nicks has wasted the year.

You're almost like an AFC mole in here Wayne, defending the club and Nicks, against the indefensible.

I'll research that when I get back from holidays because that's hard to believe, but I wouldn't be bench marking us against perrenial underachievers GC anyway!

Persisting with McSpud and Murphy just robbed valuable development games from worthy young players to achieve nothing. Nicks has wasted the year.

You're almost like an AFC mole in here Wayne, defending the club and Nicks, against the indefensible.
Nah ...If the time comes, I'll be just as critical of the Club, as I have in the past

But I'll stay true to my opinions ....as I always have, and I'm not influenced by any outside noise ....I'll take in all the information available, certainly ....dispensing with the rubbish, and taking on-board the relevant stuff

Nah ...If the time comes, I'll be just as critical of the Club, as I have in the past

But I'll stay true to my opinions ....as I always have, and I'm not influenced by any outside noise ....I'll take in all the information available, certainly ....dispensing with the rubbish, and taking on-board the relevant stuff
You... critical of the club... lol, you have been nothing but the Crows deluded information minister defending everything stupid our club has done.

We are not idiots Wayne, so stop treating us like it. We can see right through your BS!

You... critical of the club... lol, you have been nothing but the Crows deluded information minister defending everything stupid our club has done.

We are not idiots Wayne, so stop treating us like it. We can see right through your BS!
It seems you're upset with those of a different opinion .....life is about accepting that not all opinions are shared

It seems you're upset with those of a different opinion .....life is about accepting that not all opinions are shared
You outright lied that you are claiming to be critical of the club when you have been their biggest defender of all things stupid!

I'm not upset, just calling your BS out.

Everyone can see it Wayne, so why keep up the pretence.

Our list is dripping in mediocrity and still haven't announced 1 delisting.... :embarrassedv1: :sick:
Doesn't matter when it happens. The number will depend on how many players we can bring in and that might not be certain yet. But most if not all of the uncontracted players are gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When guys like Griffin Logie are on $800 k a year people don’t appreciate what Keane is worth.
I want to keep him but happy to trade for the right deal.
Think there is a standoff with Collingwood trying to get what we want, hope we get a late 1st or
very early 2nd if he goes.
This guy?
IMG_5361.jpeg

There's leg ups then there's Swans ridiculous Academy leg ups, your Sydney comparison is spectacularly stupid.

I didn't make the comparison, the club did at the time. "We rebuild without bottoming out, we're just as good (better) than Sydney who do the same thing" was bandied about both on bigfooty and abroad in the media via club backed talking heads in the years before we did, in fact, bottom out.

Then after bottoming out, the club media moved onto the Hawthorn comparisons, which have been equally powerful at proving how inept the club admin is.

I didn't make the comparison, the club did at the time. "We rebuild without bottoming out, we're just as good (better) than Sydney who do the same thing" was bandied about both on bigfooty and abroad in the media via club backed talking heads in the years before we did, in fact, bottom out.

Then after bottoming out, the club media moved onto the Hawthorn comparisons, which have been equally powerful at proving how inept the club admin is.
Well, our lowest draft pick was 7 from where we finished before the CM debacle happened.

It's Borlase or Keane... take your pick!

** At least it should be. The club definitely shouldn't be giving both players long-term deals. One yes, two no. Both have been rumoured to have been given multi-year deals, but neither has been officially announced.

They're both depth, so keep Borlase and cash in on Keane.

he is terrible how cant you see it? have a look at how many goals get kicked on him. dont look at his no marks per game. it's irrelevant. our list management know he is bad. thats why they delisted him last year. and only re rookied cos they had nobody else. they still haven't announced he has been signed so not sure about this two year supposed deal. im hoping thats contingent on keane leaving and if keane stays then borlase leaves.

also you cannot play murray butts borlase in a team. we are going to struggle with borlase butts keane IMO even.

Murray and Butts.

Borlase depth.

Keane better than depth, but we can't play 3 KPDs - so cash in.

Links?

Are there extra costs to turnover players? I know we’ve used that excuse to not max the rookie list spots or use the msd.

It’s the only logical explanation I have (and even then it’s a piss poor excuse) as to why we’re not turning the list over more aggressively.

Competence is the cost 😄

Wonder if we could be aiming for some more player for player trades like we tried to instigate with Melbourne last year to maintain better picks hence why holding back on delistings. Trying to package a Gollant or Bond into the Neal-Bullen trade or something similar? Even early in the season there was media opinion Melbourne clubs should look at Ned from memory

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back